• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: THE 2014 NFL DRAFT DAY ROUND #1

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks for Hou is two all pro ends won't win you championships. They still need a QB. We'll see who they grab in the 2nd.

Could you imagine Clowney with their 1st pick, and Manzeil with their 2nd?

Without a QB the Texans won't win a ton of games, but if Clowney can be what the hype says he is then I wouldn't want to be a opposing QB taking all those hits.

If the Texans got Clowney and Manzeil their fanbase would party like they won the superbowl.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks for Hou is two all pro ends won't win you championships. They still need a QB. We'll see who they grab in the 2nd.

Could you imagine Clowney with their 1st pick, and Manzeil with their 2nd?

If the QBs start falling, that could be quite possible. If not Manzeil, Carr... Teddy... or they could trade a 2nd or whatever for Redskins backup who's name escapes me

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks for Hou is two all pro ends won't win you championships. They still need a QB.
Thats the good thing about this. Clowney and Watt are in the AFC and will be good enough to keep them from getting one of the top QBs in next years draft

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. That's gonna be like Aldon & JSmith only much younger. Yikes.

damn... lol...

I didn't think the Texans would've gone Clowney back when the draft order was set cuz of all the few teams, they were the ones that "could" pass on Clowney... but still, mother flowers...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack makes more sense for Houston since he'll be an OLB in the 3-4 if I'm not mistaken... Clowney is a 43 terror but some he should be able to adjust as a 34...

but maybe Houston switches to the 43... or a hybrid(what 34 isn't a hybrid these days)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
damn... lol...

I didn't think the Texans would've gone Clowney back when the draft order was set cuz of all the few teams, they were the ones that "could" pass on Clowney... but still, mother flowers...

Houston is absolutely doing the right thing. Most people were guessing they'd take a QB at the end of te season, but reaching for a QB when a potential HOF pass rusher is there would be dumb.

They learned their lesson when they took David Carr over Julius Peppers.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1m Houston is now locked in on its player and is not expecting a trade, per sources. Texans happy to sit at 1 and take player it wants.

1m Clowney is the expectation. RT @AdamSchefter: Houston is now locked in on its player and is not expecting a trade, per sources.

Forgive me but I just have to say this. I saw when Schefter tweeted that out and then a million others I follow, the majority of which obviously I like very much which is why I follow them, felt the need to reply back to him to say that the expectation is Clowney. Really? Really? Thanks for the replies, guys! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tom E. Curran:

A source tells me Ryan Mallett to the Texans may soon be done.

Not a done deal at all but the machinations have begun. #mallett #Texans

Second source says nothing doing at the moment on Mallett to Houston. We'll watch how it plays out. Makes sense if Clowney is No. 1.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, "everybody in the league" believes USC WR Marqise Lee will not get past the Packers at No. 21.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Two dang years in a row they'd do it to me.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, "everybody in the league" believes USC WR Marqise Lee will not get past the Packers at No. 21.

you like Lee??

He's one of the few receivers this year I dont like. I'd love to see the Packers waste a pick.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you like Lee??

He's one of the few receivers this year I dont like. I'd love to see the Packers waste a pick.

High ceiling, high risk, especially if Kaepernick is his QB, but yes I like him a lot in the right situation like he'd have in GB IMO. He could be a nightmare to defend if they keep that system and everybody in place for a while.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We should start a petition to bring back the draft to the middle of April.

All the rumors were too much this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC West predictions:

Seahawks: Su'a Filo G/T
Niners: Trade up for Justin Gilbert CB
Cardinals: Trade up for Bortles QB
Rams: Greg Robinson G/T, Haha Clinton Dix FS

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Todd McShay said somewhat casually this morning that Manziel is Dallas' number one player on their board. Ian Rapoport is reporting this afternoon that Bortles IS Dallas' number one QB on their board. Dane Brugler echoes Rapoport's reporting. Ed Werder also is saying that he doesn't think Manziel is number one on their board either.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Flanagan:

Continue to hear from multiple sources there is a good chance Seattle will trade out of 32.Seahawks only have 6 draft picks and want more.

All these teams reporting trying to trade out of the first round or considering it strongly makes me sad.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rotoworld:

If he's going to go somewhere, why not to a team that is already in good shape at WR?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Day!!!:yahoo: I haven't read the thread yet (just got home) ,but in my mock for the first round I have the 9ers picking Verrett. I'm usually wrong and this is,of course,if we don't trade up or back. Finally the Draft is here!!:suds: