• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 100 Million Dollar Fat Man and other same ole....

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Our quarterback showed up heavier than our middle linebacker!:gaah::omg: At 236 and 6 pounds heavier than last year and 13 pounds heavier than 3 years ago, our boy is getting big. I realize he had surgery but come on man! In other news, Jay Rat hurt again!

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys wanted him to stop golfing. Instead he probably did a bit more in the weightroom and had a few of mommas cookies. If I know Tony well enough like I thinki I do he will be where he needs to be for the opening game. Lets get some photos and other measurements before we get all excited about nothing here. Could be good weight could be he needs to work hard this summer.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told all of you 5 months ago on the espn board we should have got rid of Ratliff. Mark my words, he will be nothing but distraction and pain in the ass all year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told all of you 5 months ago on the espn board we should have got rid of Ratliff. Mark my words, he will be nothing but distraction and pain in the ass all year.

So now an injury = a distraction? Amazing, simply AMAZING.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our quarterback showed up heavier than our middle linebacker!:gaah::omg: At 236 and 6 pounds heavier than last year and 13 pounds heavier than 3 years ago, our boy is getting big. I realize he had surgery but come on man! In other news, Jay Rat hurt again!

Tony Romo reported to training camp short of peak condition due to reduced offseason conditioning as he nursed a back injury.

Carrying four QBs on their 90-man roster, the Cowboys planned to ease Romo into camp and limit his throws anyway. He's only one pound over his playing weight of 230. Observed QBs coach Wade Wilson, "(With) the extended camp that we have, I don’t think it’ll be a concern coming into the start of the season."

I don't think with all the stories we can come up with for the sky is falling on the Cowboys. Worrying about a players weight that hasn't been able to train all offseason is one of them. How do you guys overreact to these kinda things? LOL

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it manster but BJJ might be more correct than the rest of us on Ratliff. I think we have held onto the what he could have been, rather than the what he has been.

Cowboys DT Jay Ratliff will undergo an MRI after reporting to training camp with a hamstring injury.

Ratliff missed ten games last season with various injuries, primarily to his feet/ankle region in addition to a year-ending sports hernia surgery. His sack totals have decreased five years running and Ratliff turns 32 before Week 1. The extent of the hamstring injury is unknown, but the Cowboys don't seem worried.
I can only see the injury trend to get worse as he gets older. Not better. In fact it should be a concern with many of our DL.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tony Romo reported to training camp short of peak condition due to reduced offseason conditioning as he nursed a back injury.

Carrying four QBs on their 90-man roster, the Cowboys planned to ease Romo into camp and limit his throws anyway. He's only one pound over his playing weight of 230. Observed QBs coach Wade Wilson, "(With) the extended camp that we have, I don’t think it’ll be a concern coming into the start of the season."

I don't think with all the stories we can come up with for the sky is falling on the Cowboys. Worrying about a players weight that hasn't been able to train all offseason is one of them. How do you guys overreact to these kinda things? LOL

This attitude is why the Cowboys are mediocre. A 100 million dollar player and leader of the team showing up over weight is unacceptable. He was listed at 236 and now they are lowering it to make excuses. This is a big deal because a QB who just signed a monster deal and who cost his team a playoff spot last year, should lead by example. It's all about the tone and this organization continuing to enable players

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This attitude is why the Cowboys are mediocre. A 100 million dollar player and leader of the team showing up over weight is unacceptable. He was listed at 236 and now they are lowering it to make excuses. This is a big deal because a QB who just signed a monster deal and who cost his team a playoff spot last year, should lead by example. It's all about the tone and this organization continuing to enable players
1st off I am not buying into 6 pounds being as major as you see it. So if he hadn't sign the mega deal, then it would be okay for him to be 6 pounds heavier?
So anyways, isn't it possible to have those extra 6 pounds (Wade says one pound) since you are not allowed to train the last couple months? Just trying to mix in a lil' common sense into the #'s :noidea: