• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thanksgiving nite vs the Packers

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coffin corner, not straight down the field.... so lets go d.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are back to not being able to stop them.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears win.... Bears win.

Great defensive stance!!!!!!!!!!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke up at 5 this morning. Great end to a loooong day.

Night night

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big, big, BIG win. Not just for this year, but the future. I have been ripping the Bears for stinking all year, but they could very well run the table. SF, Wash, Min, TB, and Det are all very beatable.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Bears, made the big stops at the end when it counted. Fox looks like a good hire as a coach. Good luck the rest of the way.

Packers not a very clutch team this year.. with opportunities to tie Carolina and beat Detroit and Chicago at end of game they cannot get it done.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So good to see Cutler finally outplay Rodgers and win in Green Bay! Great job by the defense as well. Fox is turning the Bears around more quickly than expected. I think he will have them contending in a MAJOR way next season, but this win kept slight wildcard hope alive for this season. With the Falcons fading and still having to play the Panthers twice, the Bears still have a chance. Root for the Falcons to keep losing!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win for you guys. Crazy league. Congrats

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, defensive win, no major mistakes, even though the penalties were bad, there were some good ones too, like Long with a hold that would have gotten Cutler blown up. Last win McClellan took out Rodgers, this win, Houston hammers the funny bone and Rodgers loses his at the end of the game with a numb arm. Who woke up Porter? How many of these unknown defenders are gonna make it on the team next year? Who were these guys and where have they been?

I think Favre even left smiling, dont think he ever liked Rodgers, might have actually disliked him more than the bears, what reason did Bret have to hate the bears anyway when he dominated us?

Another wow, for this team effort.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pretty surprised we won last night. I guess I just figured we'd lose it at the end if we let Rodgers have a late drive in a 1 score game.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Obviously, the secondary earns a huge gold star for this one. They managed to overcome a mostly feeble pass rush (even though we blitzed a lot), and stayed on their guys like glue. Very, very impressive. Why the packers abandoned the run (which they were killing us with) as much as they did was a total mystery to me. My packer buddies were going completely apeshit over the Packer playcalls. And how they managed to not recognize the blatantly obvious Jeffrey screens - all of which were quite interceptable if they had simply recognized the plays - was nothing short of incredible. Pretty awesome stuff.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Bears did a good job of making Rodgers uncomfortable back there. They may not have got huge sack numbers, but he was uneasy back there, most the night.

In fact, with just the naked eye, I thought Willie Young and Lamaar Houston played pretty darn well?? I'd say Houston has been on a fucking tear.....killing it the last 4 weeks or so.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the secondary earns a huge gold star for this one. They managed to overcome a mostly feeble pass rush (even though we blitzed a lot), and stayed on their guys like glue. Very, very impressive. Why the packers abandoned the run (which they were killing us with) as much as they did was a total mystery to me. My packer buddies were going completely apeshit over the Packer playcalls. And how they managed to not recognize the blatantly obvious Jeffrey screens - all of which were quite interceptable if they had simply recognized the plays - was nothing short of incredible. Pretty awesome stuff.

So basically, your post-game comment, is that the Packers gave this one away and the Bears should not have won.

Once out of like the last 12 fucking games we've lost against them...we finally win one and that's what you have to say?

You are the weirdest "fan" ever.

I think the Bears DESERVED this win. I think they somewhat dominated a heavily-favored Packers team, and they did that with some shitty officiating as well. That negated INT was utter bullshit and there were about 3 others where even dumb Collinsworth couldn't ignore em'.

And FWIW, the Bears may be the best WR screen team in the NFL right now.