• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank you Warriors and Kings

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won’t take away the bullshit, but it gives Sonics fans and Kevin Durant to give one last big middle finger to David Stern and OKC.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was cool, but I’m jaded so I wish a few things were different.

A. Put the Sonics court on there, not the Storm.

B. Have Calabero do the intros

C. Should have had Payton or Kemp come out in Durant’s place.

Like I said I’m jaded, I wish it was done so over the top of where I would’ve been annoyed. Not so many shots of Storm players, Russell Wilson and the sellout that Lenny Wilkins became. A Kemp/Payton reunion at midcourt would have been better than a shoutout to the Storm “who have unfortunately been pit against Sonics fans because of the dumbass city council”

But like I said I’m jaded. Still amazing that Durant was here for 1 year but since then has done so much for the state with trying to keep the Sonics relevant. He was in Spokane 6 years ago when I was at the park just hanging out with my girls. Him just being there and talking about the Sonics made me talk to them about the Sonics which I hadn’t done since they left. I don’t know Durant at all but will always be thankful for that moment and hope with my son I never forget about the one true team Seattle loves more than any other.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should have played in a Sonics jersey. It's an exhibition game. Who cares if he's in a white Sonics jersey while the rest of his team is in white Warriors jerseys?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should have played in a Sonics jersey. It's an exhibition game. Who cares if he's in a white Sonics jersey while the rest of his team is in white Warriors jerseys?

I’m hearing the NBA wouldn’t let them wear Sonics jersey’s during the game... Evidenly the entire Warriors team was gonna wear them, but the league said no for whatever reason...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn must have been to fat, or too drunk, or had to many diapers to buy to show up last night.

Shame.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used to be one of my favorite players.

Sad what the booze and lack of condom use reduced him to when he was in Cleveland.

Being in Cleveland would explain the booze. :dhd:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used to be one of my favorite players.

Sad what the booze and lack of condom use reduced him to when he was in Cleveland.

Shocker, an addict had it under control in a controlled environment he had been around since he was a teenager ventured out into the abyss of Cleveland and shit caught up with him. Had not all the bs with all the bs politics, Kemp would have stayed in Seattle and the Spurs dynasty never would have happened.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker, an addict had it under control in a controlled environment he had been around since he was a teenager ventured out into the abyss of Cleveland and shit caught up with him. Had not all the bs with all the bs politics, Kemp would have stayed in Seattle and the Spurs dynasty never would have happened.
Eh......

I won't go that far.

Unless you think a slightly less drunk Kemp was a match for Duncan?

Well, it would have been Prime Kemp and young Duncan. But, still....

Or

You don't think the ping pong balls would have bounced the Spurs way?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh......

I won't go that far.

Or

Kemp was a good player.

But he wasn't elite. Not even close to elite. He was the most exciting player in the league to watch in his prime. He was a good defender and a capable scorer. But he wasn't great.

Kemp's last year with Seattle was '97, the season before Duncan was a rookie. In Duncan's rookie year, he posted a higher VORP and more win shares than Kemp's career best. Duncan's rookie PER was higher than all but Kemp's best 2 seasons.

There was no comparison between Kemp and Duncan. As good as Gary Payton was, no, Kemp would not have prevented the Spurs dynasty. Because the Sonics were nothing special. They were a really good, near championship level team for a couple years. But they missed and their window closed. Kind of like what will happen with the current Rockets.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see a NBA game back in Seattle. Still think you see a NBA team there full time within the next few yrs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh......

I won't go that far.

Or

I think the Seattle version of Kemp would dominate Duncan and Robinson until his knees went out....but I think with Schultz becoming owner he was out anyways.

And ping pong balls or not, Seattle was the class of NBA west (or top 3) but contract disputes with both led to their exit and thus the eventual departure of the Sonics.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp was a good player.

But he wasn't elite. Not even close to elite. He was the most exciting player in the league to watch in his prime. He was a good defender and a capable scorer. But he wasn't great.

Kemp's last year with Seattle was '97, the season before Duncan was a rookie. In Duncan's rookie year, he posted a higher VORP and more win shares than Kemp's career best. Duncan's rookie PER was higher than all but Kemp's best 2 seasons.

There was no comparison between Kemp and Duncan. As good as Gary Payton was, no, Kemp would not have prevented the Spurs dynasty. Because the Sonics were nothing special. They were a really good, near championship level team for a couple years. But they missed and their window closed. Kind of like what will happen with the current Rockets.

Kemp wasn’t great by no means, but he turned momentum around and broke the will of better players like Olajuwon. His last season in Seattle he gave up, and yes. Had they kept that team the Spurs dynasty would have been delayed (might have won one because Karl sucked in the playoffs) but not the dynasty. Robinson and Duncan wouldn’t have been shit against Payton, Kemp, McMillian and Perkins plus whoever. Starbucks destroyed the put the franchise on life support and tumble weeds put them out to pasture.