• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas Rangers want to lock up AL West, trying to sink the Mariners! 9/18-9/20

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac does not address the issue really re 3rd base tag

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how the game would've turned out if Beltre kept his hand on the bag.

No different, they couldn't plate another run. The only run they got was a bases loaded walk. It is scored an RBI, but it wasn't.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No different, they couldn't plate another run. The only run they got was a bases loaded walk. It is scored an RBI, but it wasn't.

I don't know. That play would have brought some momentum along with it. Instead, it zapped anything we had going for us.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what the answer is in LF for this team. Napoli can't field, Venable can't hit, Hamilton can't run, and Strausborger can't play at all.

You either have to live with Napoli giving up the occasional run or with Venable failing to produce a run at the plate I guess, unless Josh makes a miraculously speedy recovery.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what the answer is in LF for this team. Napoli can't field, Venable can't hit, Hamilton can't run, and Strausborger can't play at all.

You either have to live with Napoli giving up the occasional run or with Venable failing to produce a run at the plate I guess, unless Josh makes a miraculously speedy recovery.
Don't forget Stubbs, he can't either.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rangers WE went from 34.2 down to around 11 % from the safe to out call. Dropped the WE 22%, so we will never know.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but when you slide head first you should dive at a certain point that your hands come to the bag and your slide stops with your shoulders at about where the bag is so that your hands stay on the bag. I see it happen often where these guys slide so late that they go flying past the bag. But I have never like Beltre an how he runs on the base paths anyway. I do not know how many times he has rounded a bag and they throw behind him and he just makes it back and at times is thrown out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brinson hit 2 HRs last night with 3 RBIs and Mazara had 2 singles. There is our answer in the future. I would still not mind calling them up once their playoffs are over and give them a few opportunities to get some exposure. Not sure though how that affects starting their MLB clock as I am not up to snuff on all that like some on here are.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson hit 2 HRs last night with 3 RBIs and Mazara had 2 singles. There is our answer in the future. I would still not mind calling them up once their playoffs are over and give them a few opportunities to get some exposure. Not sure though how that affects starting their MLB clock as I am not up to snuff on all that like some on here are.

Don't believe they can be called up as they'd have already had to be on the 40 man.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Wed & Thurs nights games against the Stros!

The crowd was especially electric on Thurs and we had 3 big old boys from Houston sitting next to us. Gotta say, they were damn good sports and company for both games.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle owns us for some reason. Good thing we only have 2 games left with these guys and we need to win tomorrow because Felix is Pitching Sunday. What's with all the Spurs hate? Basketball season is still about a month and a half away and the Spurs had nothing to do with the Rangers loss tonight.

Not sure, but the only thing I hate more than the Spurs is Spurs fans

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe they can be called up as they'd have already had to be on the 40 man.
I think they could still be put on the 40 at this point, but I seriously doubt the Rangers would bring either of them up. I do think they could do better than almost everyone who has been put in LF lately though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could still be put on the 40 at this point, but I seriously doubt the Rangers would bring either of them up. I do think they could do better than almost everyone who has been put in LF lately though.
I think this would pump them and us up even more. What a great experience for them to be in a championship series in AAA and then come up in a pennant race for the Rangers. And I agree that I think they would do better than what we have been putting out there right now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Wed & Thurs nights games against the Stros!

That was you? Wow.....thanks for getting us TWO! Must have been one terrific time? :pound: