• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Milwaukee Brewers (8/13-8/14)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas going against a young spot starter tonight I see. And, with fresh young kids like this, there are usually 2 outcomes. They ethier are on early, find a grove, and keep hitters that have never seen them guessing all day, or, they suck, and your team puts up a football score for the day ( 10 or more runs ).

He's pitched well when given an opportunity this year; relief or starting

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas going against a young spot starter tonight I see. And, with fresh young kids like this, there are usually 2 outcomes. They ethier are on early, find a grove, and keep hitters that have never seen them guessing all day, or, they suck, and your team puts up a football score for the day ( 10 or more runs ).
Usually the case with us - your first option...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A football score sounds good. Need to get back on that winning track.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers can't seem to catch a break with pitchers on the DL.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the Rangers approach their BP for next year. Cotts has been very good, Frasor has had his moments as well. Plus, Soria should be stronger, Scheppers will have some added experience too. Also, Ross has expressed interest in starting. Let's see what the club does with him during winter ball.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thornburg, yeah pretty good. 9 games, 5 of them starts. 1-0 (a few NDs), 1.72 ERA over the 9 games pitched. He has started against the Pirates (2H, 0ER over 5 inn); Mets (3H, 2ER over 4.1 innings); SD (4 innings; 7H; 4ER); CHC ( 4 innings; 4H; 0ER); SF (6 innings; 7H; 0ER). In all nine appearances (starting and relief) only 10BB and 22K.

Rangers need to keep to the RW 2010-2011 seven pitch quality at bat standard (where did that go to?). Make him work! SD and the Mets got to him, why can't we? The top two Brewers relievers threw a lot of pitches last night, so advantage Rangers IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there is this about Thornburg:

Thornburg was recalled on June 29 from Triple-A Nashville where he was 0-9 with a 5.79 ERA in 15 starts.

:noidea:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Four of Blackley's 8 wins came against the Rangers. Perhaps the FO picked him up to ensure he does not pitch against us again:)

Was surprised TEX got him off waivers ... would have expected OAK to have taken him exactly for the reason you said.

Went and looked at Blackley's history. TEX is his eighth different team. He's been with SFG twice and OAK twice. Always seems to get a job. Pitched in Australia in 2011 before his most recent time with OAK. Thing that stands out to me about him is his pickoff move is very sneaky ... looks to the plate and throws to first.

October 29, 2000: Signed by the Seattle Mariners as an amateur free agent.
April 1, 2007: Traded by the Seattle Mariners to the San Francisco Giants for Jason Ellison.
December 6, 2007: Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies from the San Francisco Giants in the 2007 rule 5 draft.
October 14, 2008: Granted Free Agency.
December 19, 2008: Signed as a Free Agent with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
October 5, 2009: Granted Free Agency.
January 29, 2010: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Mets.
May 2, 2010: Released by the New York Mets.
May 13, 2010: Signed as a Free Agent with the Oakland Athletics.
December 14, 2010: Released by the Oakland Athletics.
February 16, 2012: Signed as a Free Agent with the San Francisco Giants.
May 15, 2012: Selected off waivers by the Oakland Athletics from the San Francisco Giants.
April 4, 2013: Traded by the Oakland Athletics to the Houston Astros for Jake Goebbert (minors).

Last edited by a moderator:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe TEX wants to work Blakely into an RP in the Neal Cotts mold to replace Robbie Ross?

(Just noticed he is an Aussie.)

Robbie Ross is fine. Just had a rough stretch. Pitched good relief last night. He is a keeper. Blackley was doing relief work for the Astros. His performance? Well they released him:)

I think it was more a move to block the A's and build some depth we lost by dealing Grimm and Tepesch out until who knows when. We still have Lindblom down at AAA if we need to hit the "danger Will Robinson" button. And don't forget The Wolf is still in the pen and can spot start if we need him.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get a W tonight with Iwakuma and King Felix looming on Fri and Sat.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get a W tonight with Iwakuma and King Felix looming on Fri and Sat.

Damn, wish you hadn't brought this up! hahaha But we've hit that King pretty good. However, Iwakuma kicks our fannies!

And I'm sorry to say this, but I think there's a pretty good chance we've seen the last of Colby Lewis. I REALLY liked this guy, and hope I'm wrong. But it looks bleak at best for Mr Lewis.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie Ross is fine. Just had a rough stretch. Pitched good relief last night. He is a keeper. Blackley was doing relief work for the Astros. His performance? Well they released him:)

I think it was more a move to block the A's and build some depth we lost by dealing Grimm and Tepesch out until who knows when. We still have Lindblom down at AAA if we need to hit the "danger Will Robinson" button. And don't forget The Wolf is still in the pen and can spot start if we need him.
When was the last time Wolf pitched? Poor guy must be horribly rusty...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it was said pages ago, but a pitcher like Ogando should not be giving up the long ball like he did the past two outings. Especially to the #9 slot batter. I can see giving up a dinger to a Trout or Trumbo but not the #9 hole twice in a game.

I've taken a lot of crap for never really thinking he was a starter. I thought he was fantastic out of the pen.
Well, hopefully he can prove me wrong

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken a lot of crap for never really thinking he was a starter. I thought he was fantastic out of the pen.

I said the same thing. He was solid out of the pen last year. But nothing special, I just didn't get the starter idea

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that. Hoping along with you

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not far from the ballpark and it is pouring hope they can get the game in

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pray the Rangers don't have any Pickoffs , Rundowns, look like T-ballers , Sheez !!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E. Beltre optioned to AAA, Rosales added to active roster

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say this as many times as need be said. Ogando as a 5th starer > Ogando as a bullpen arm. For the regular season it makes more sense for him to start games, because you get more use out of him. If the team makes the post season, what a wonderful addition he makes to the post season roster as a middle relief/long man.