• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Milwaukee Brewers (8/13-8/14)

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew. Damn Astros. Had to make it interesting in the end there.

The Astros manager is the one who made it close. That RH relief pitcher in the 8th should have been pulled after throwing too many pitches to get 2 outs.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more like Ogando is a relief pitcher. I always wanted to give him a chance and thought he could do it but his best and more dominant role is in relief. I fully expect JD to pick up another starting pitcher through the waiver wire just to add depth and you can never account for possible injuries.

And now....with Harry out for the season our only "replacement" for Ogando is Tepesch. Would not take those odds to Vegas.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more like Ogando is a relief pitcher. I always wanted to give him a chance and thought he could do it but his best and more dominant role is in relief. I fully expect JD to pick up another starting pitcher through the waiver wire just to add depth and you can never account for possible injuries.

Ogando makes the switch from the Full windup to Only the Stretch position ? Ogando has hit 95 to96 on his fastball in his starts before last night. Last night I saw only 1 pitch at 94, but mostly 90 to92, and he lost velocity during the game .?? When he was in the BP, I remember him hitting 97-98. Something wrong with this
Just sayin :noidea:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think josh Johnson can turn it around. I wouldn't mind seeing how he does

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando makes the switch from the Full windup to Only the Stretch position ? Ogando has hit 95 to96 on his fastball in his starts before last night. Last night I saw only 1 pitch at 94, but mostly 90 to92, and he lost velocity during the game .?? When he was in the BP, I remember him hitting 97-98. Something wrong with this

Was wondering the same thing. Was at the game last night. Didn't see him throw anything over 93.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been in Denver since Sunday morning so I had been just keeping up with the Rangers on my iphone. But I have always felt that Ogando is better in the bullpen where he can just let it fly. Now he is not a bad #5 rotation guy but I just think he is more effective coming in for an inning or two. I also have never really liked his delivery as it seems like it would be hard on his arm.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he goes back to the bullpen he'll reach that velocity. He's scaled it back knowing he's a starter and it's affected his velocity in my opinion. Put back in the pen, let him go balls to the wall every outing and limit him to an inning or two.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think josh Johnson can turn it around. I wouldn't mind seeing how he does

Doesn't have to be Josh Johnson but somebody that would serve as depth. Tepesch is likely done the rest of the year and you have to take into account the possibility that injuries can happen and if they happen to one of the big 4 Texas has then that is not good. Need to get insurance so yes I'd look for another pitcher for the stretch run.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw we just picked up Travis Blackley from Houston.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't have to be Josh Johnson but somebody that would serve as depth. Tepesch is likely done the rest of the year and you have to take into account the possibility that injuries can happen and if they happen to one of the big 4 Texas has then that is not good. Need to get insurance so yes I'd look for another pitcher for the stretch run.

Saw that Zito cleared waivers but his salary is ridiculous and he has an over 9 ERA away from San Fran. Last year he has some moments of brilliance but not so much this year.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw we just picked up Travis Blackley from Houston.

Ya I just saw that as well. He's been outrighted to the minors and not on the 40 man so not sure if he'll make an appearance this season.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Zito cleared waivers but his salary is ridiculous and he has an over 9 ERA away from San Fran. Last year he has some moments of brilliance but not so much this year.

Would not be surprised if the A's try to pick up Zito. They are waffling over whether to bring Milone back up and send Straily back down to AAA. That rookie Gray may get a few more starts before they make that decision, but a Zito may work for them. Will Beane pay the price...probably not.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland Magic!!! He beat Matt Harrison don't forget. Greatest moment

Four of Blackley's 8 wins came against the Rangers. Perhaps the FO picked him up to ensure he does not pitch against us again:)

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though. This guy isn't good aside from last year

He just provides organization depth. Nothing more nothing less. If you can get something out of him at some point in the big league roster then great but if not that is fine too.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though. This guy isn't good aside from last year

Of course, the reason he is on the waiver wire. However, at this point and looking at our pitching "depth", I think we are trying to skim for whatever we can right now. We are not desperate NOW, but could be if another rotation injury rears its ugly head.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas going against a young spot starter tonight I see. And, with fresh young kids like this, there are usually 2 outcomes. They ethier are on early, find a grove, and keep hitters that have never seen them guessing all day, or, they suck, and your team puts up a football score for the day ( 10 or more runs ).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals Aquire Emilio bonafocio not a bad add at all. He has blazing speed