• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels 8/5-8/7

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to feel bad for Katie Hamilton....Then I heard her speak.

Katie Hamilton has had her challenges early on in the marriage to Josh. I am sure most read the Hamilton book. The woman had to endure a husband strung out on crack while raising a small child. His turn around was amazing, he gave us some great years and did great things for us. But yes, probably was time to move on and face a fresh enviornment. Was LA and the Angels organization the right move? Probably not.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this one slipping away, they way Ogando has pitched since coming back from the DL. But then again, Hanson is still worse and even if he has a good game that bullpen is still horrible and that keeps you in every game. It's funny, I expected the Halos pitching to be bad, but not this bad. Sure is fun to watch.

I saw some signs of life in Ogando's slider last game. First game it seemed non-existent, second game he got it by now and then.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate what you did there. Makes it easy to present facts clearly. Will try that too.

I have long been a Gentry fan but TEX power orientation has kept him out of the lineup when had he been getting regular ABs that line you posted might even be better. In June - July last year Gentry performed well offensively ... for long stretch of time he had the best BA on the team.

In order to give Napoli more consistent ABs and to keep him available as second catcher Wash began starting Napoli at 1b ... moving MY to DH. Moving MY to DH pushed Hamilton back to LF. Then shortly later to ensure Murphy had consistent ABs too that meant moving Hamilton back to CF displacing Gentry. Everything affects everything and despite having the best line on the team not being a power bat resulted in Gentry sitting for long stretches. Gentry was far more valuable coming in late in the right situations than

Murphy who was far more limited dimensionally than Gentry ... and to get any value out of Murphy he had to play every day.

I'll agree Gentry gets a bit overexposed especially against good RHPs, but even if he hits .250, he provides excellent value, b/c of his defense and baserunning (and he takes walks), he creates havoc for the other team when he he hits whats often a simple grounder

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch now 6-5 Reds. Harry Potter hit a triple to score two more.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's with the magic+homer bailey headache good thing I got rid of him on my fantasy team

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I understand why Homer Bailey has a shitty 6-10 record with Cincy. smh

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll agree Gentry gets a bit overexposed especially against good RHPs, but even if he hits .250, he provides excellent value, b/c of his defense and baserunning (and he takes walks), he creates havoc for the other team when he he hits whats often a simple grounder

Gentry last 28 days principally against LHP ... .381 .462 .571 1.033. Only 21ABs.

Seriously ... how do you let a guy who has that line only get 21ABs?