• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros 9/23-9/25

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it...Gomez should not have watched his homer, but Freeman needs to keep his mouth shut. Why would you instigate the situation? Your team made the playoffs...Do you really want to be suspended? Just a whole lot of dumb on both sides. If anything you let the guy run around the bases and plunk him next time up, but to pitch a fit and stand in his way, because he acted like an ass makes zero sense. Don't stoop to his level. He's the immature one...They had the chance to be bigger than him and blew it.

Only way Freeman screwed, to me, is when he actually went after Gomez when McCann blocked the plate

McCann was standing up for his pitcher and teammate, good for him

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero problem with what McCann did, did Freeman stand in his way as well? b/c you said Freeman up above...
Freeman was screaming at him as he ran around the bases. I would hope a guy that is in a fight for HFA for the playoffs on my team would shutup and not get his butt tossed there. McCann meh...Get over it man. Gomez plays on a crappy team and you bucking up to him makes it look like you see him as a threat. Laugh his butt off the field for trying to show up your team.

Reminds me of the greatest thing MY ever did...that homer he hit in KC last year after Nelly got thrown at was so sweet. Then he just get his head down and ran bases. Gomez should have handled it like that.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman was screaming at him as he ran around the bases. I would hope a guy that is in a fight for HFA for the playoffs on my team would shutup and not get his butt tossed there. McCann meh...Get over it man. Gomez plays on a crappy team and you bucking up to him makes it look like you see him as a threat. Laugh his butt off the field for trying to show up your team.

Reminds me of the greatest thing MY ever did...that homer he hit in KC last year after Nelly got thrown at was so sweet. Then he just get his head down and ran bases. Gomez should have handled it like that.

I don't think its seeing him as a threat as all, just making a statement that there's no place for that sort of stupid behavior

The whole let your actions do your talking only works so far, sometimes you have to confront ignorant behavior

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its seeing him as a threat as all, just making a statement that there's no place for that sort of stupid behavior

The whole let your actions do your talking only works so far, sometimes you have to confront ignorant behavior

To me what Gomez did wasn't a big deal

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you're obviously not a baseball guy, b/c every baseball guy I've seen comment on it either appreciates what McCann did or talks down on Gomez, or both

And just about every baseball guy I know feels the same way

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't as big enough deal to stop the entire game for and stand in the way of the dude when he's entitled to touch home plate. Gomez was already over the top, but what McCann did is practically unprecedented in over the toptitude. I don't care for the Brewers and Gomez, while he's a pretty good young player, I wouldn't go out of my way to defend him. This is the second time the Braves have gotten butt hurt over a player walking around the bases after a homer in the last month.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you're obviously not a baseball guy, b/c every baseball guy I've seen comment on it either appreciates what McCann did or talks down on Gomez, or both

Well that's the most fallacious statement of the day. Nice "no true Scotsman" usage though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't as big enough deal to stop the entire game for and stand in the way of the dude when he's entitled to touch home plate. Gomez was already over the top, but what McCann did is practically unprecedented in over the toptitude. I don't care for the Brewers and Gomez, while he's a pretty good young player, I wouldn't go out of my way to defend him. This is the second time the Braves have gotten butt hurt over a player walking around the bases after a homer in the last month.

Who was the other guy?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the other guy?
Jose Fernandez who hit his first homer ever...Chris Johnson and McCann both had words for him...Just shut the hell up...It's the Marlins and Brewers.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Fernandez who hit his first homer ever...Chris Johnson and McCann both had words for him...Just shut the hell up...It's the Marlins and Brewers.
Oh and Johnson told him "weak ass fastball" after Jose got him to fly out earlier in the game. Braves have some weird ways of dealing with stuff.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow I saw that. They're just mad that Jose Fernandez is a beast

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I saw that. They're just mad that Jose Fernandez is a beast
The Braves are in a fight to keep HFA. They have been playing pretty poor down the stretch in September. I wouldn't want my players acting in a way that got them taken out of a game for "defending the game." That's ludicrous. You need those guys in the lineup.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on McCann, what an add he would be! I did think Gomez was going to deck him there for a second though lol

That little punk gomez, had his chance. He is all talk. McCann would kicked his ass, if he would of swung.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Been gone for a bit ... know you all have worried.

Could care less what goes on in a NL game especially anything involving MIA or its players... ie The Miami Theorem.

All of the baseball guys who are mental midgets commented on it ... and those who didn't comment are on board with TMT too.

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the pitcher should have hit him again before he hit the homerun or at least brush him back.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That little punk gomez, had his chance. He is all talk. McCann would kicked his ass, if he would of swung.
It's a game...why should they be fighting? There's no place for that in baseball.