• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 7/12

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I don't know about that. Olt is a near ML ready prospect with legitimate power. If we wouldn't trade him for half a season of greinke, why would we trade him for half a season of Garza? Unless Schierholtz was involved.

Hard to get a FO pulse on Olt this year with the rough start and the not so great performance last season after the call up and injury with the foot thing and Wash refusal to stick him in the lineup last year. He's raised his avg like .90 points since coming off the DL but that's not saying much with the small sample size and he is still at like.209. He's continued his high strikeout rate but he was only 1 of 2 guys with multiple hits tonight vs Omaha so idk what all is involved in the talks but Olt plus anything seems expensive for a rental of Garza alone

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you take some time to go to Ocean City MD and stand in line at Thrasher's for some awesome french fries. Taking a trip to the area with family next summer and will go there. You will love the boardwalk.

You're gonna love Maryland! Everything he said about Ocean City is true, it is so fun! Maryland is truly a beautiful state

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for somewhere to hang with the family on Labor Day weekend. Is ocean city worth a look for that?

Most definitely. My dad was stationed at the Pentagon back in the 60's and we would go. Went back a few years ago and now want to share it with the rest of my family.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get a FO pulse on Olt this year with the rough start and the not so great performance last season after the call up and injury with the foot thing and Wash refusal to stick him in the lineup last year. He's raised his avg like .90 points since coming off the DL but that's not saying much with the small sample size and he is still at like.209. He's continued his high strikeout rate but he was only 1 of 2 guys with multiple hits tonight vs Omaha so idk what all is involved in the talks but Olt plus anything seems expensive for a rental of Garza alone

I think it is worth the risk. I remember a lot of people being up in arms by giving up Smoak and Blevin for Lee. Even if Smoak turns out to be great it was worth seeing the Rangers make it to the WS. If you are really serious about winning now you have to pull the trigger. And Olt is in a logjam with our infield he would have to play OF/1st. And he may be another Smoak-like stats guy. Pitching is where it's at.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I don't know about that. Olt is a near ML ready prospect with legitimate power. If we wouldn't trade him for half a season of greinke, why would we trade him for half a season of Garza? Unless Schierholtz was involved.

Baltimore has dropped out of the Garza race:

According to a recent report from CSNBaltimore.com, the Orioles have contacted the Cubs regarding Garza. Chicago was asking for two of Baltimore's top prospects in return, however, which suggests that Garza won't come cheap this summer.

so they would want a lot more than Olt.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Garza is a Major League Pitcher. Mike Olt is a Minor Leaguer with Potential

Pitching Wins, the end.:suds:

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were going to trade Olt, I'd have liked to have traded him before the season for a stronger return. Half a season of Garza for top prospect? I bet Atlanta wouldnt mind passing on that half a season of Tex for Andrus, Neftali and Harry. And the Rangers might like to have the Koji-Chris Davis, Tommy Hunter deal back. I dont see Garza winning them a World Series

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to Ocean City every year to this day. Its worth the flight. I'd rather go there than miami or destin to be honest. Walking up and down the boardwalk at night is the most fun youll experience on a beach.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were going to trade Olt, I'd have liked to have traded him before the season for a stronger return. Half a season of Garza for top prospect? I bet Atlanta wouldnt mind passing on that half a season of Tex for Andrus, Neftali and Harry. And the Rangers might like to have the Koji-Chris Davis, Tommy Hunter deal back. I dont see Garza winning them a World Series

True, but olt isnt playing for this team anytime soon. Might as well trade him right? I think if JD could go back in time, he'd probably have traded him before the season. But now he's gotta play with the hand he's dealt

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza is a Major League Pitcher. Mike Olt is a Minor Leaguer with Potential

Pitching Wins, the end.:suds:

No. That's not necessarily the case. A lot more goes into it than that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, snatching Schezer's big win...on National TV
check. (and great job Holland)

Knock out Verlander today...
let's do this thing Rangers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, snatching Schezer's big win...on National TV
check. (and great job Holland)

Knock out Verlander today...
let's do this thing Rangers

Gottya. Lets do it Perez.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but olt isnt playing for this team anytime soon. Might as well trade him right? I think if JD could go back in time, he'd probably have traded him before the season. But now he's gotta play with the hand he's dealt

I can't remember exactly when Olt was having vision trouble due to his concussion, maybe JD's hands were tied because teams would have been weary of that possibly pretty serious problem, I really don't know for sure...just throwing it out there

I don't get into a lot of trade discussions, because...well, who really knows, it's fun once in awhile...
I'm liking the idea of Garza, I hope JD can pull that off

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember exactly when Olt was having vision trouble due to his concussion, maybe JD's hands were tied because teams would have been weary of that possibly pretty serious problem, I really don't know for sure...just throwing it out there

I don't get into a lot of trade discussions, because...well, who really knows, it's fun once in awhile...
I'm liking the idea of Garza, I hope JD can pull that off

It started after he took a baseball to the head in winter ball.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice AB from Martin.