• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 7/12

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done, Rangers. When you get some of your arms back, you oughtta be just fine in terms of getting a ps spot. As to me, I am PRAYING the Tigers make a pen acquisition or 2 at the deadline. No help, no ps for Detroit, simple as that, but with a decent move or 2, they should win the Central again, because that way the starters will have confidence knowing they have middle relief help when need be. That's actually considered to be an above average rotation (if you can believe that) as long as we have a serviceable pen. Your pen, on the other hand is awesome.. that's why you don't need to rely on your rotation as much. Once again, well done guys.

Thanks for the kind words, and you guys will win the central, but agree about you guys needing some help for a post season run. If you guys make the right trades and get hot at the right time y'all can be tough in October.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly hope you never have to.

I really hope not either, and I really had to evaluate my mindset in those situations. I wasn't thinking clearly and put myself in a bad spot. I won't do that again, but ill be damned if someone is gonna come on my property and put their hands on me again.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Terps.. the playrrs voted in everyone except Miggy and Leyland selected Verlander.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so stupid. This case was so much about race that it disgusts me. Black people are freaking out that the verdict was about race, but they damn near called him guilty of manslaughter. So if that wouldve been the case does the judicial system hate white people? I thought it was pretty clear he wasnt guilty, and I dont consider myself a racist at all. Some people are crazy

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done, Rangers. When you get some of your arms back, you oughtta be just fine in terms of getting a ps spot. As to me, I am PRAYING the Tigers make a pen acquisition or 2 at the deadline. No help, no ps for Detroit, simple as that, but with a decent move or 2, they should win the Central again, because that way the starters will have confidence knowing they have middle relief help when need be. That's actually considered to be an above average rotation (if you can believe that) as long as we have a serviceable pen. Your pen, on the other hand is awesome.. that's why you don't need to rely on your rotation as much. Once again, well done guys.
You win the central as is. And thanks for the sentiment. You truly have some of the best players in the game. And tell your manager to win Tuesday. Will ya'?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly hope you never have to.

Been there and fortunately things worked out but it can definately be scary situation. I also have my permit and carry and won't think twice again, I will use whatever force necessary to protect my family.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there and fortunately things worked out but it can definately be scary situation. I also have my permit and carry and won't think twice again, I will use whatever force necessary to protect my family.
Same here!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here and make no doubt about it. There is no choice given especially if your wife and kids are subjected.

That's what I kept thinking. What if my wife was with me? Then what? I wasn't prepared, but I will be from now on.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to, but he's iffy at best, as mgrs go. Many Tiger fans feel we could do better as mgrs go. That said, the Tigers blow way too many leads to have a playoff team without someone who can bridge the gap between the starters and Smyly/Benoit. Without help, Cleveland and KC would outfinish them imo. Trade for a decent arm or 2 and the Tigers should get in again. It would be a shame for them not to take that division because they do have a few namers. Their fate is squarely in the hands of the FO at the deadline. As to your Rangers, just hang tight til you get a couple starters back, then I would think you take that division.. Oakland doesn't play as well against good teams as Texas can.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving

Moving to DC next month for a one year tour at Andrews AFB. Pros: very close to two AL cities in B-more and NY. Caught two of the 4 games in B-more while house hunting. Cons: leaving the green chile and the dry heat in NM.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not able to see most of the game until around the 6th inning from a restaurant and watched the rest from there. Nice to get a win again and glad to see Holland still has it going on. And good to see Moreland hit one out. You could see it was coming. Now if we can just get healthy. Seems like we have been saying that all year long. And love having Soria and Cotts in the pen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving to DC next month for a one year tour at Andrews AFB. Pros: very close to two AL cities in B-more and NY. Caught two of the 4 games in B-more while house hunting. Cons: leaving the green chile and the dry heat in NM.

Make sure you take some time to go to Ocean City MD and stand in line at Thrasher's for some awesome french fries. Taking a trip to the area with family next summer and will go there. You will love the boardwalk.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you take some time to go to Ocean City MD and stand in line at Thrasher's for some awesome french fries. Taking a trip to the area with family next summer and will go there. You will love the boardwalk.

Looking for somewhere to hang with the family on Labor Day weekend. Is ocean city worth a look for that?

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was not able to see most of the game until around the 6th inning from a restaurant and watched the rest from there. Nice to get a win again and glad to see Holland still has it going on. And good to see Moreland hit one out. You could see it was coming. Now if we can just get healthy. Seems like we have been saying that all year long. And love having Soria and Cotts in the pen.

Good quality win tonight. Right now Derek is pitching as well as I have ever seen him. Soria got back just in time to give our bullpen some much needed rest. I am with you on Cotts as well.
Nice to see Mitch get back on track. Would not surprise me if he winds up with close 25 Hr's provided he stays healthy.
Finally we get Martin in the 2 hole and even though he was hitless tonite his speed came in handy in the 5th when he stole 2nd and scored on the AJ double.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody thats interested. A's and Redsox on MLBN. A's ahead 1-0.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Cubs' Matt Garza currently pitches in the National League, Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com says that he could soon return to the AL. Levine reports that the Rangers and Blue Jays are the "front runners" in acquiring Garza's services for the balance of 2013. Though the Rangers have frequently been mentioned as pursuers of Garza, who figures to be the top starter available, the Jays have generally not been placed atop the list. Nevertheless, Levine says that Toronto has been very active in scouting the righty over his last three starts. As for Texas, Levine says that power-hitting prospect Mike Olt would probably be included in a deal.

according to mlbtraderumors.com

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Cubs' Matt Garza currently pitches in the National League, Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com says that he could soon return to the AL. Levine reports that the Rangers and Blue Jays are the "front runners" in acquiring Garza's services for the balance of 2013. Though the Rangers have frequently been mentioned as pursuers of Garza, who figures to be the top starter available, the Jays have generally not been placed atop the list. Nevertheless, Levine says that Toronto has been very active in scouting the righty over his last three starts. As for Texas, Levine says that power-hitting prospect Mike Olt would probably be included in a deal.

according to mlbtraderumors.com
I see Cleveland being more interested than Toronto, at least from what I've been reading prior to this. Cleveland is still really close in their division while Toronto being 11 1/2 back are probably more likely sellers at this point but maybe not. Trading Olt for a rental could go either way at this point it's real hard to tell

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Cleveland being more interested than Toronto, at least from what I've been reading prior to this. Cleveland is still really close in their division while Toronto being 11 1/2 back are probably more likely sellers at this point but maybe not. Trading Olt for a rental could go either way at this point it's real hard to tell

Boy, I don't know about that. Olt is a near ML ready prospect with legitimate power. If we wouldn't trade him for half a season of greinke, why would we trade him for half a season of Garza? Unless Schierholtz was involved.