• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 7/12

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 runs in 3 games is pathetic! Murphy 0-5 also pathetic. Wash running Murphy out there everyday like MY last year just asinine. Gonna wish we never left Baltimore after this series

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD needs to do start earning his money and get us some bats.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimm has no business being in the big leagues and is only here because there is literally no one other than Neil Ramirez to step up. I feel for the guy but every start he makes just kills his confidence even more. Murphy should be traded but isn't worth a bag of balls and other GMs know this, plus he's a FA. He basically has zero trade value. Look for Wash to keep putting him out there. You know Wash.

Like to see an outfield of Cruz, Martin, and Gentry when Craig comes back. Let Profar platoon and get ABs at DH. Of course this won't happen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD needs to do start earning his money and get us some bats.

You didn't know he got us a bat? Manny Ramirez is gonna make this team division champs for sure, then he and Lance Berkman will carry us deep into the playoffs.

Kidding aside Manny did go 3-5 with a solo HR in the top of the ninth that was the game winner. Odds say eventually one of these washed up signings will have to hit for JD one would think.:noidea::noidea::wtf2:

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the 2011 ALCS, the Rangers have won ALL the series between themselves and the Tigers in this sequence ---> 4-2, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1, and 3-1. Not to gloat fellas, but I gotta say it felt great to me as a Tiger fan to get a stress free win against you guys-- just whatever the Rangers do, just puhhleeez don't give Scherzer his first loss-- we're trying to get him to the break as the first 14-0 starter in history at the AS break. After that, we have to get him 4 more to be the first 18-0 pitcher in history, then we MAY permit him a loss.. strict maybe lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the 2011 ALCS, the Rangers have won ALL the series between themselves and the Tigers in this sequence ---> 4-2, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1, and 3-1. Not to gloat fellas, but I gotta say it felt great to me as a Tiger fan to get a stress free win against you guys-- just whatever the Rangers do, just puhhleeez don't give Scherzer his first loss-- we're trying to get him to the break as the first 14-0 starter in history at the AS break. After that, we have to get him 4 more to be the first 18-0 pitcher in history, then we MAY permit him a loss.. strict maybe lol

Appreciate you as a Tiger fan coming on here and making comments with class and not just trying to be a pain. Ranger fans did not feel comfortable with Grimm pitching as he has had a 9.00 ERA over the past 7 games coming into last nights game and is not MLB ready. But we have so many pitchers on the DL that Holland is the only starter from the opening season starting rotation now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't know he got us a bat? Manny Ramirez is gonna make this team division champs for sure, then he and Lance Berkman will carry us deep into the playoffs.

Kidding aside Manny did go 3-5 with a solo HR in the top of the ninth that was the game winner. Odds say eventually one of these washed up signings will have to hit for JD one would think.:noidea::noidea::wtf2:

Cant keep signing guys who are in their twilight like Oswalt, Berkman, and Ramirez along with mediocre guys like Dempster. Eventually they will have to go get some players still in their prime to help this team. I know many times the twilight guys may not cost as much but most of the time you get what you pay for.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate you as a Tiger fan coming on here and making comments with class and not just trying to be a pain. Ranger fans did not feel comfortable with Grimm pitching as he has had a 9.00 ERA over the past 7 games coming into last nights game and is not MLB ready. But we have so many pitchers on the DL that Holland is the only starter from the opening season starting rotation now.

Yeah, it actually surprised me what punching bag Grimm was, because I've seen him pitch very well against Detroit before. That said, for whatever injuries you guys have in your rotation right now, I know you've got a VERY good pitcher going tonight in Holland.. that's what makes me nervous about Scherzer keeping his record intact in this one.

Anyhow, do you think you'll get your injured SPs back in time to chase down Oakland??

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it actually surprised me what punching bag Grimm was, because I've seen him pitch very well against Detroit before. That said, for whatever injuries you guys have in your rotation right now, I know you've got a VERY good pitcher going tonight in Holland.. that's what makes me nervous about Scherzer keeping his record intact in this one.

Anyhow, do you think you'll get your injured SPs back in time to chase down Oakland??

We may get Ogando back and maybe Colby Lewis but not sure how he will be overall. Feliz is out and pretty much the same with Harrison. I would think we may have to pick someone up for the starting rotation before the deadline. If we do that we could be solid as our bullpen is great.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas should get ogando and Darvish back, but they still need a starting pitcher and a bat to be considered legitimate contenders. Hoping for garza.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas should get ogando and Darvish back, but they still need a starting pitcher and a bat to be considered legitimate contenders. Hoping for garza.

Romeo, I don't know that much about Garza but trust your judgment there. Ogando is a good pitcher but his health makes him questionable as a starter. BP may end up a better suit for him but for the time being we need him in the rotation so we just have to go with it and hope he holds up. Darvish has nothing to prove. He is as good as he wants to be if he sticks to basics and uses the fb and plays off it. As for as a bat, hope JD gets one fast but at what cost. To many prospects and position players have lost value.( Murphy, Grimm Ortiz Kirkman etc ). Thoughts?