• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is that other teams are thinking laterally while apparently the Rangers FO isn't. they have targets but instead of pursuing all at the same time they are keying on #1 on their pursuit list and then #2 and then #3.

i think that's what happened with Rendon. he was their #1 target and by the time they knew he was signing with LAA their other possible targets had already signed

Beyond them saying they will be active in free agency and having been in contact with several players, I personally don't think there's enough to label what the FO is thinking.

I also don't get what other teams going after small fish has to do with the Rangers. For quite a while now, the understanding was that the Rangers would be going after big fish.

And i will never understand the hard-on this board has for Rendon. "Lowballing" him was one of the smartest things the FO has ever done.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowballing" him was one of the smartest things the FO has ever done.
Yes, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, even in negotiating.

I just wouldn't count on being lucky very often.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond them saying they will be active in free agency and having been in contact with several players, I personally don't think there's enough to label what the FO is thinking.

I also don't get what other teams going after small fish has to do with the Rangers. For quite a while now, the understanding was that the Rangers would be going after big fish.

And i will never understand the hard-on this board has for Rendon. "Lowballing" him was one of the smartest things the FO has ever done.
Not against Rendon. I am just against insane money to athlets. Hell fire anything can happen to them but I know it's the market and can't do much about it. Rendon is a classic example. There are others too. But it was indeed the smartest thing FO has done in a long.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I am not concerned with these other free agents being taken off the board. There are some starting pitchers I would still like to see taken so the Rangers can't make a mistake with them.

My only concern is that we haven't gotten anything done in almost 3 full weeks. This years free agent signing period will most likely be a lot shorter than most others. Normally, 3 weeks into free agency would still be early. This year, at that point, we are only days away from a mad frantic rush to finish. We are getting close to the equivalent of being at the end of January.

I don't care if Marte, Canha, and Syndergaard are taken as well as several others.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rendon was going to be an iffy pickup to begin with, only due to our window not starting when he was signed. We still had some rebuilding to go. Once 2020 became 2020 and all of our prospects would have to be ready a year later than we had thought, then in hindsight, Rendon would have been a huge mistake.

That being said, the ineptness of the negotiations is still a stain on our front office. They were very lucky that JD took a terrible tact with Boras, but it is still telling that he did. Being lucky was better than doing a good job in negotiating then, but don't count on ineptness being the winning ticket again.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just glad none of the bigger guys have signed.
I’ll wait to pass judgment on the FO once it’s clear there are no more fish to catch.
Until then I’ll keep faith that we will get at least 1 if not 2 major FA
Probably a SS a SP and maybe even Seiya Suzuki?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm glad we missed on Rendon, my point was that supposedly the FO had other players on their list but because of their singlemindedness they were gone when they missed on Rendon. thinking laterally you go after all your targets at the same time

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although, the Rangers have been known to avoid physicals.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The newest mock draft from Through the Fence Baseball is out. They had us with Druw Jones last time, but they have us going with Jace Jung this time.

My favorite dark horse/sleeper to move up, Chase DeLauter is picked to go 11th.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The newest mock draft from Through the Fence Baseball is out. They had us with Druw Jones last time, but they have us going with Jace Jung this time.

My favorite dark horse/sleeper to move up, Chase DeLauter is picked to go 11th.

A lot of good players in the 1st round.
Curious who we get..

Wonder who our 2nd round pick will be??
Hopefully, No One.. that’s who I’m wanting.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So new CBA may stop the associated draft pick with signings. This may be factor in the slowness of signings pending CBA revision.
Also seems like nontender deadline has been moved up. This could generate some signings for the castoffs

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long read here but paywall

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that Scherzer is expected to sign before December 1 and Bryant is expected to wait.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that Scherzer is expected to sign before December 1 and Bryant is expected to wait.

Robby Ray is also supposed to sign soon.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKF for Gallo
Ikf can play SS and be the bridge to their top SS prospects
Had enough for a life time. Doubt Yanks would ever consider IKF at SS