• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been in rebuild mode for awhile. They just didn't acknowledge it. You can look back at what they did each of the last few offseasons to see what the plan was.
Ok so your point is they were but did not do it right? So the fake rebuild was going on when they signed Kluber and the years before that picking up Lynn and Minor and Gibson were stupid rebuild moves? So it was all a charade even bidding on Rendon?
When they moved their top relievers what was that? Kela, Fairbanks?

So yes I disagree with your assessment as it is hard to have it both ways. Could they have done better? Sure…. Probably but how I am not certain other than Kluber move which was risky and backfired.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if I was an A’s fan who are essentially in a rebuild I could be ticked they didn’t get anything for Canha. But maybe teams should play to win, oh such a novel concept

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so your point is they were but did not do it right? So the fake rebuild was going on when they signed Kluber and the years before that picking up Lynn and Minor and Gibson were stupid rebuild moves? So it was all a charade even bidding on Rendon?
When they moved their top relievers what was that? Kela, Fairbanks?

So yes I disagree with your assessment as it is hard to have it both ways. Could they have done better? Sure…. Probably but how I am not certain other than Kluber move which was risky and backfired.
You need to calm down and put your stinger back in place. You act as if I insulted you personally. Good grief. I didn't even insult the Rangers. Wow!

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to calm down and put your stinger back in place. You act as if I insulted you personally. Good grief. I didn't even insult the Rangers. Wow!
Hey I am being nice and at my best behavior
But you may be right I do have a stinger

I just think your logic and judgment is flawed
They attempted to retool for a while but last year they went full rebuild.
Its
Ok to diss agree with my assessment

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am being nice and at my best behavior
But you may be right I do have a stinger

I just think your logic and judgment is flawed
They attempted to retool for a while but last year they went full rebuild.
Its
Ok to diss agree with my assessment
Why do you take even the lightest criticism of the Rangers so doggone personal?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you take even the lightest criticism of the Rangers so doggone personal?
Ok but what about my points? They flipped players the last few years. Maybe they could have bought higher. But that was cheapness
They thought they could compete which should be your real beef. They went after Rendon thinking they could get him but they did not
So no they were never really rebuilding until this last season.

Do not understand your logic It is just a complaint and being contrary

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but what about my points? They flipped players the last few years. Maybe they could have bought higher. But that was cheapness
They thought they could compete which should be your real beef. They went after Rendon thinking they could get him but they did not
So no they were never really rebuilding until this last season.

Do not understand your logic It is just a complaint and being contrary
They were rebuilding even while picking up pitchers who turned out to be better than they were before. They didn't try hard for Rendon at all. Did they do a complete tear down? No. They were definitely not trying to be bery competitive.

I was just saying that the best tact is to go out and get a few players worth flipping. The Rangers were able to flip 3 starters over the course of 3 or 4 years or so. There were several other pitchers and position players that they picked up simply to cheaply fill out the roster.

They could have gotten some more players worth flipping and helped themselves. They and most other rebuilding teams fail to go that route. The A's have done it that way and Rosenthal has suggested that they may do just that again. To me, that is the best way to approach a rebuild.

My real beef is that they didn't start doing this 8 years ago, but that is old news now. Overall, once they did decide to rebuild a few years back, they have done fairly well. There were a couple of major bumps this summer, and I do wish they could have been able to pick up a few better players along the way to flip.

However, you personally didn't do anything wrong, so none of my problems with the team have anything to do with you personally.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were rebuilding even while picking up pitchers who turned out to be better than they were before. They didn't try hard for Rendon at all. Did they do a complete tear down? No. They were definitely not trying to be bery competitive.

I was just saying that the best tact is to go out and get a few players worth flipping. The Rangers were able to flip 3 starters over the course of 3 or 4 years or so. There were several other pitchers and position players that they picked up simply to cheaply fill out the roster.

They could have gotten some more players worth flipping and helped themselves. They and most other rebuilding teams fail to go that route. The A's have done it that way and Rosenthal has suggested that they may do just that again. To me, that is the best way to approach a rebuild.

My real beef is that they didn't start doing this 8 years ago, but that is old news now. Overall, once they did decide to rebuild a few years back, they have done fairly well. There were a couple of major bumps this summer, and I do wish they could have been able to pick up a few better players along the way to flip.

However, you personally didn't do anything wrong, so none of my problems with the team have anything to do with you personally.
that's what they have been doing for 5+ years. isn't it time to stop fielding crap and start thinking about giving the loyal fans something? stop getting crap for the sole purpose of flipping and actually do something show us they have an end in their "plan".

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you see signing players only if we can flip them at deadline you are insulting all of us. you seem convinced that one day the Rangers are going to advance 26 all-star prospects to the majors and that we're going to immediately win 5-10 WS without challenge. it takes time and ys aprocess that takes years and it means that you have to bring in some quality players thru free agency and trade

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you see signing players only if we can flip them at deadline you are insulting all of us. you seem convinced that one day the Rangers are going to advance 26 all-star prospects to the majors and that we're going to immediately win 5-10 WS without challenge. it takes time and ys aprocess that takes years and it means that you have to bring in some quality players thru free agency and trade
worked once as i recall.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's all take a breather here. Still a few days before the deadline, plenty of time for a signing or three.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kum ba yah

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worked once as i recall.
once or twice the rest were a waste of roster space. do we want sit in the stands and watch another year of Lyles, Folty, etc? if i'm going to watch anything i want to see us moving forward with us signing 2 or 3 players that going to be part of the future and our prospects that are ready or close to ready on the field not the Dahl's and Holt's and Culberson's etc

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well one good thing with the Mets signing Marte and Canha they are probably out on Suzuki