• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing is that the Banister era is long gone. Rougie is gone. Gallo is gone.

This is the Chris Young era, where we have a strong farm and spend half a billion on free agents.
He can't let shit go, gotta beat that dead horse

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case, then you need to trade IKF and sign or trade for someone better, because IKF is no Chris Taylor.
Well you can keep throwing scrubs that are cheap with very little production out there, or keep for awhile longer what is giving you decent production for $2M a year, or trade 3-4 guys for Chris and his $15M salary to just get a handful of HRs more than IKF... :think:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can keep throwing scrubs that are cheap with very little production out there, or keep for awhile longer what is giving you decent production for $2M a year, or trade 3-4 guys for Chris and his $15M salary to just get a handful of HRs more than IKF... :think:
I would count on what we can get for now and worry about fortifying the bench when it gets closer to us having a realistic chance of going to the World Series. In the meantime I would trade IKF for someone to flip with other pieces when it gets time to do so. Two years of control with IKF will get you more in trade than a year or a year and a half.

There is also no guarantee IKF will be around for two years. The new CBA may make him a free agent at the end of 2022.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will get it done when they get it done.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they approve of a draft lottery, every time the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, or Dodgers have an off year, they will get the top pick.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would count on what we can get for now and worry about fortifying the bench when it gets closer to us having a realistic chance of going to the World Series. In the meantime I would trade IKF for someone to flip with other pieces when it gets time to do so. Two years of control with IKF will get you more in trade than a year or a year and a half.

There is also no guarantee IKF will be around for two years. The new CBA may make him a free agent at the end of 2022.
you seem to only want us in the WS without anything else in between. if i read you right you seem to think that we'll go straight from 65 to 75 wins in one season to 90+ and the WS in the next

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seem to only want us in the WS without anything else in between. if i read you right you seem to think that we'll go straight from 65 to 75 wins in one season to 90+ and the WS in the next
Money spent on Free Agency will only help you compete for so long, you still have to draft competently and fill in the gaps with prospects. If that doesn't happen you'll never get to the big dance you'll end up being the perpetual bridesmaid, That same FA also makes it harder to keep the team together so the big dance window can be quite small. Some teams waste the opportunity by constantly playing musical players and never filling all the holes on the roster to make the run, "next year" becomes the common catchphrase...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money spent on Free Agency will only help you compete for so long, you still have to draft competently and fill in the gaps with prospects. If that doesn't happen you'll never get to the big dance you'll end up being the perpetual bridesmaid, That same FA also makes it harder to keep the team together so the big dance window can be quite small. Some teams waste the opportunity by constantly playing musical players and never filling all the holes on the roster to make the run, "next year" becomes the common catchphrase...
Well said

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD and CY both have said it would take more than one offseason to get to where we needed to be. That is especially true when you are counting on prospects to fill some of the holes. Then they go out and sign two big bats, so who knows what they are thinking.

I think most of us have been pointing to 2024 with a slight chance of it arriving a year earlier. It appears the Rangers see that happening a year earlier than most of us expected.

If they are patient the youngsters will start arriving later this year and throughout 2023. Then we should know if we need to add a piece or two and should have some more minor league talent left over to make a couple of trades.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This should amuse some of you...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD and CY both have said it would take more than one offseason to get to where we needed to be. That is especially true when you are counting on prospects to fill some of the holes. Then they go out and sign two big bats, so who knows what they are thinking.

I think most of us have been pointing to 2024 with a slight chance of it arriving a year earlier. It appears the Rangers see that happening a year earlier than most of us expected.

If they are patient the youngsters will start arriving later this year and throughout 2023. Then we should know if we need to add a piece or two and should have some more minor league talent left over to make a couple of trades.
Me personally I wasn't expecting all the signings they've made this year (figured it would be next) but can't say I'm unhappy with who they've signed. I'm guessing the front office is worried about attendance and so made a splash for that reason to help quiet a few rumblings. Now that they've went this far why not get one or two more pieces to make them at least a .500 team to give the fans even more hope. If they agree to expanded playoffs that will keep more fans interested longer considering Atlanta only won 88 games last year...

More butts in the seats equals more money to spend on players/player development/player scouting and more profit to invest in other things like the stadium to help attract more fans...