• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't blocked by a third baseman because that isn't his position.

I meant if they signed Donaldson it would keep them from being able to use Solak out of position. As it stands now, they are going to look like buffoons if Odor starts the season as a starter and Solak does not. They can hide looking like buffoons by starting Solak at 3B, but it will be on full display if they do sign a 3B.
We know JD will have Odor out there no matter what so we either play Solak out of position to get his bat in the game and allow the IF defense to suffer or we sign a true 3B and send Solak down.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know JD will have Odor out there no matter what so we either play Solak out of position to get his bat in the game and allow the IF defense to suffer or we sign a true 3B and send Solak down.
Yep. That is the only slightly good thing I see could come out of signing Donaldson. It forces them to look like buffoons.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in Gibault or Huang. Heineman?
I wouldn't mind seeing them letting 4 of these 5 guys go and if need be all 5 of them. Bird, Farrell, Gibaut, Springs, and Huang. They don't have a future here. I would have rather seen Barlow start 2020 here or in Nashville, than any of those guys.

Then there is the need to trade DeShields, Choo and Odor. Of course, in trading those guys you might get a player back who needs to be rostered on the 40.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That is the only slightly good thing I see could come out of signing Donaldson. It forces them to look like buffoons.
They already do look like buffoons and they did most of 2019 season with a bottom of the batting order that was a joke and defensively was not much better.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing them letting 4 of these 5 guys go and if need be all 5 of them. Bird, Farrell, Gibaut, Springs, and Huang. They don't have a future here. I would have rather seen Barlow start 2020 here or in Nashville, than any of those guys.

Then there is the need to trade DeShields, Choo and Odor. Of course, in trading those guys you might get a player back who needs to be rostered on the 40.

I thought about Springs but has 3 options left. Seems like they like Farrell who had that jaw injury early last year. Think he was the one pitching really well. I would keep him.

We shall see how trades go but Choo and Mazara seem more likely than the other 2.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about Springs but has 3 options left. Seems like they like Farrell who had that jaw injury early last year. Think he was the one pitching really well. I would keep him.

We shall see how trades go but Choo and Mazara seem more likely than the other 2.
There is really nothing holding us back from trading DeShields. As long as we don't overvalue him we should be able to find a trade partner. He has no bad contract to get in the way and unlike Mazata, there is no worry about him being a late bloomer who is going to come back and haunt us.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really nothing holding us back from trading DeShields. As long as we don't overvalue him we should be able to find a trade partner. He has no bad contract to get in the way and unlike Mazata, there is no worry about him being a late bloomer who is going to come back and haunt us.
I am fine with Santana in CF and Heineman as back up until Leody is ready
True re Maz not meeting his ceiling yet. That is a risk if we trade him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Santana in CF and Heineman as back up until Leody is ready
True re Maz not meeting his ceiling yet. That is a risk if we trade him
I like the idea of Calhoun, Santana and Gallo in the outfield but I also wouldn't be adverse to a trade for a CF'er like Starling Marte if the opportunity arose and the return isn't too costly

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Calhoun, Santana and Gallo in the outfield but I also wouldn't be adverse to a trade for a CF'er like Starling Marte if the opportunity arose and the return isn't too costly
Despite some of the board angst, I hope we move Choo and Solak/Calhoun split LF/DH duties and Odor gets final shot. Of course I am on board with Rendon at 3B. Wish list

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite some of the board angst, I hope we move Choo and Solak/Calhoun split LF/DH duties and Odor gets final shot. Of course I am on board with Rendon at 3B. Wish list
A scenario I could live with although I still hold a slight hope that JD gives up on Odor and figures a way to move him even if it cost us a bucket or 2 or 3 of money and we get back something even a bucket of BP balls

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Rangers

CF Santana
LF/DH Calhoun
RF Gallo
3B Rendon
LF/DH Solak
1B ? Mazara/Guzman
SS Andrus
2B Odor
C Trevino

Bench Pence, IKF Heineman, Mathis

Need to pick up RHP

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Rangers

CF Santana
LF/DH Calhoun
RF Gallo
3B Rendon
LF/DH Solak
1B ? Mazara/Guzman
SS Andrus
2B Odor
C Trevino

Need to pick up RHP
If Solak's best position is at 2B and if, as some claim, he still needs to improve there, then shouldn't he be playing 2B every day somewhere?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Rangers

CF Santana
LF/DH Calhoun
RF Gallo
3B Rendon
LF/DH Solak
1B ? Mazara/Guzman
SS Andrus
2B Odor
C Trevino

Need to pick up RHP
Are you putting both Mazara and Guzman on the roster?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess who's number 1

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you putting both Mazara and Guzman on the roster?

No just inclear which one. Guzman still has an option. Do think it would help to be more righthanded

Yes Solak most natural position is 2B but don't think Odor is going to be immediately benched or moved after his last month despite erratic batting previous. Despite the bad history there is hope he actually did learn and incorporate new techniques. Don't think the Rangers are going to pull the plug just yet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No just inclear which one. Guzman still has an option. Do think it would help to be more righthanded

Yes Solak most natural position is 2B but don't think Odor is going to be immediately benched or moved after his last month despite erratic batting previous. Despite the bad history there is hope he actually did learn and incorporate new techniques. Don't think the Rangers are going to pull the plug just yet.
In that case he needs to be at AAA getting better at 2B. He may be destined for a bench role here and that would be a huge mistake.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it your contention that if Odor is hitting .210 at the end of April that he will/should be benched then?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3