• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this awards ceremony is the first time we’ve seen someone objectively evaluate the rangers this year...... because the rangers themselves sure as hell didn’t do it.

that is the one major complaint I have with this organization. The best player should play. Playing time should be earned and not given.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, he doesn't really play any of them well except 2B and LF, and we don't have much need for him in either place

I'm optimistic about him getting better in CF if he gets playing time
Oh I have him penciled in CF right now but if the Rangers decide to pursue a true CF'er I would support it immediately. I'm not opposed to having him in our batting order because of his bat just where he plays is the question

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better sign Chirinos quick. Angel's signed Jason Castro leaving Chrinnos as the only viable catcher left. If not it's another season of Mathis and non-batting hole at 9th In the batting order

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better sign Chirinos quick. Angel's signed Jason Castro leaving Chrinnos as the only viable catcher left. If not it's another season of Mathis and non-batting hole at 9th In the batting order
I am thinking it would be Jose Trevino and the guy kind of grew on me as the season progressed.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking it would be Jose Trevino and the guy kind of grew on me as the season progressed.
i agree that Trevino is the only viable choice we have on our roster but don't think he is the main starter going 120+ games at C and Mathis needs to be somewhere else. I would like to see our 2 C's splitting time at the position each going about 80 games

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing what Trevino can do. If we sign Chirinos that would be good, but if not I look forward to seeing what Trevino has to offer.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The offense is shaping up to be disappointing again.

unless they can make a few decent moves in January here.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess still a bit early but unless we strike gold in Jung or get Arenado we will find it hard to turn into an elite team this decade

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is shaping up to be disappointing again.

unless they can make a few decent moves in January here.
There should be some improvement from C and 3B offensively compared to this past season. I think we can probably expect Calhoun to continue to improve. If Gallo can stay healtjy and of Elvis can rebound, then we may be in for a better year offensively. Then there is always the chance Guzman can figure some things out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess still a bit early but unless we strike gold in Jung or get Arenado we will find it hard to turn into an elite team this decade
I think our chances of becoming an elite team depends on our ability to properly develop most of the following: Crouse, Winn, Huff, Aposrle, Jung, Lora, Acosta, Vanasco, and Henriquez.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be some improvement from C and 3B offensively compared to this past season. I think we can probably expect Calhoun to continue to improve. If Gallo can stay healtjy and of Elvis can rebound, then we may be in for a better year offensively. Then there is always the chance Guzman can figure some things out.
from Mathis and ?, you expect improvement. you are a dreamer

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In building a team I want great hitters at the corners and elite defense up the middle

We have Gallo and Calhoun but 3rd and 1B are question marks. We have the makings in the minors of some good corner IF spots and CF and catcher. Wonder if we can have SS who also can hit big.

Unless we get Arenado not really interested in trading upper echelon prospects

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In building a team I want great hitters at the corners and elite defense up the middle

We have Gallo and Calhoun but 3rd and 1B are question marks. We have the makings in the minors of some good corner IF spots and CF and catcher. Wonder if we can have SS who also can hit big.

same here I would make the trade for Arenado and go FA for Chirinos

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are dreaming that I was counting on Mathis.
you have to be. I expect some improvement from Trevino but how many games does Trevino start with Mathis as the primary catcher? whatever the number the Mathis negative effect will totally negate them

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to be. I expect some improvement from Trevino but how many games does Trevino start with Mathis as the primary catcher? whatever the number the Mathis negative effect will totally negate them
No, I am not counting on Mathis. I think Trevino will get the bulk of the playing time unless they sign Chirinos.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are 2 good SS in our top 15-20 prospects, not including Tejeda. A little further down the line, Max Acosta may be a star.

I am stepping back from Chris Seise until he plays well and stays healthy. At one point, I had more hope for him than just about any position player in our system.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Arenado keeps his opt out, I am not interested at all. He does us no good if he leaves in a couple of years.

Last edited: