• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas, OU, and OSU to SEC?

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As best I can tell look for OU/OSU/TTech to apply to the PAC in the next couple weeks. Texas apparently isn't very happy with the idea of heading west any longer and them to ACC with Baylor seems to have been gaining a little traction in the past day or two. The rest of the schools are a toss up but at the very least will probably at least end up in the Big East. These things seem to change every thirty seconds however, so who knows.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your own link here ... if you take the time to look it up... you will see Nebraska @ #101 and Texas at #143

Nice post though!

LMAO ... Fail....... :thumb:

Texas is #45.

UT-Dallas is #143, but the University of Texas is in Austin.

Mr Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont care who joins what conference. Its all good with me.

The thing that bothers me a bit is the conference names.

There is nothing "Atlantic Coast" about Texas and Baylor. I think since the NCAA loves making rules so much, they should make a rule where the conference has to have a name thats suitable to all the schools.

so ya, I think naming changes should occur and they should fit to represent what universities are in that conference.

i dunno, fire away

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My point was I think ESPN wants this for their network and $$$$. ESPN has lucrative deals with both Texas and SEC.

I am starting to hear that the Pac12 doesn't want OU and it seems like Texas is not interested in Pac12.

I think ESPN wants Texas in the SEC so they can build their super contract (I mean conference).

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personally wish the damn Big12 would go back to their original 12. Their should be a gentlemen's agreement between BCS not to poach each others teams so that B1G and Pac12 would not have grabbed Colorado and Nebraska.

I like expansion if it means adding teams like BYU, Utah, etc. to the mix and giving new teams a chance, I don't like it if it means destroying leagues and rivalries.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was I think ESPN wants this for their network and $$$$. ESPN has lucrative deals with both Texas and SEC.

I am starting to hear that the Pac12 doesn't want OU and it seems like Texas is not interested in Pac12.

I think ESPN wants Texas in the SEC so they can build their super contract (I mean conference).

Texas is interested in the PAC. I can guarantee the school president wants Texas to go west.

But the ACC is an option that may allow them to keep the LHN intact, so they're going to fully explore that possibility.

ESPN most likely prefers the ACC deal - because they own the rights to both Texas and the ACC's contract, which was just signed.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way that Texas will go to the SEC.

I want them to come to the Big Ten, and play in Wisconsin's (West) division, so we can continue to build our recruiting pipeline in Texas. ;)

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is going off to the Pac12 but I do not think that lasts long. I think OP is right, Texas and OU will end up eventually in the SEC. It may take 5-10 years of them wondering around and bashing their head against the wall with dumb choices before they finally make the smart one. SEC is really the only conference close to them geographically and cultural (and the SEC isn't that close).