• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tevin Coleman on Lions Radar?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great idea but Mayhew is much more liable to move up since he gives draft picks away like candy.

Even if the Lions did move down, I'm sure there would be some complaining about it. There will be some player that is available that the fans want and Mayhew would move down (also what the fans want) and address an area of need (also what the fans want) and the fans would still figure out a way to bash. LOL

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Lions did move down, I'm sure there would be some complaining about it. There will be some player that is available that the fans want and Mayhew would move down (also what the fans want) and address an area of need (also what the fans want) and the fans would still figure out a way to bash. LOL

Nowwwwwww you're getting it!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh laid the blue prints for how to handle the Lions in the off season. I expect these guys to do the same, probably cash in somewhere else.

What blue print are you referring to? Sign as the highest paid DT in the NFL before playing a snap, restructure your contract twice, so your cap hit is exhorbitant to the point tagging him was worthless, hit the free agency market and go to the highest bidder?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that the RB spot isn't a need, it has been since Barry retired. It's that there are so many more important needs too. The trenches need help big time. Riley Reiff is leaving next year. Doesn't want to re-sign here. That leaves a massive hoke at LT. LG remains a sieve. RT is a huge question mark. We need TWO high caliber DTs. RE is the only stable spot on the D-Line. The LBs will need a complete re-haul, especially if Levy jets. The Lions have one capable CBs. Need 3. Their SS is holding out. Gonna need someone new there too. On top of all of that, you know Mayhew is looking for another WR.

Team is a mess going forward. Just not sure how a 1st round RB does anything to help things.
I don't want to see a first round back either. I want Coleman early in the second.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, Bell can't take anything to the house?
He's taken plenty to the house.

Bell.gif

He still is only a complimentary back imo. But he has done decent for us.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's your boy Micro but he's not doing what we need. I just want some consistency there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a nice guy or whatever, that's great, good for him and Benton Harbor. (Nobody in Benton Harbor gives a fuck about Benton Harbor.)

He's not a starting caliber NFL running back, never was, never will be. Cool hair though. Almost makes up for his slow feet and butterfingers, but not really.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from my boy. I just think he's done decent here. Again, he's no #1 back imo.

Just copied to ask if TJ Jones did any return work as a golden domer? Can't remember and I am trying so hard to replace Ross in my plans with somebody.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eyein' Kaelin Clay from Utah, late, to be the anti-Ross.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see him play along that journey on the trail?
Naw, I got lost and ventured North, to the Dakotas in search of late round RBs. Then swung back south to look at Abdullah's tiny mitts. Still trudging my way West to Wyoming....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want some consistency there.

If we get consistency on the Offensive Line -- I think you will see more consistency at the RB position. I know it has been said, but if you don't have holes to run thru -- it doesn't matter who is carrying the ball, unless Barry Sanders is planning on coming out of retirement. :)

We have a few pieces on the offensive line if Warford goes back to how he played his rookie year, and if Reiff is moved inside of to RT. If we can find a LT in the 1st round -- I think Detroit will be much better offensively. We are a team built to pass the ball -- we have a #1 overall QB, a #2 overall WR, a #10 and #20 overall TE, our #2 WR was a pro bowler last year. If someone falls that they feel can step in immediately and take over at LT -- It wouldn't matter to me if we had our choice of any RB -- I'd take the OL.

Detroit isn't going to pay roughly 50 million dollars (this is a guess) to Stafford, Calvin and Tate and turn into a running team. They will run the ball to keep teams honest, but will continue to wing the ball all over the place. At least I hope so. If not -- trade Calvin while he still has value.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to bump this thread so we can continue to keep tabs on this kid. I know a lot of us really liked him (myself included for sure) and thought he could slip into the first. I was pretty surprised to see us select Abdullah with Coleman still on the board.

I'd like to keep a thread (this one, maybe?) keeping track of how Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah, Coleman, and Da. Johnson do this year, as they were the top 5 RBs in this class, imo.

Maybe a guy I had deemed a "2nd tier" (for what that's worth (hint: nothing)) like Yeldon or Du. Johnson emerges as the best in year one, or maybe a true dark-horse like Alfred Morris emerges as the best of the bunch and we were all wrong...

Should be fun to keep track of, imo.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to bump this thread so we can continue to keep tabs on this kid. I know a lot of us really liked him (myself included for sure) and thought he could slip into the first. I was pretty surprised to see us select Abdullah with Coleman still on the board.

I'd like to keep a thread (this one, maybe?) keeping track of how Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah, Coleman, and Da. Johnson do this year, as they were the top 5 RBs in this class, imo.

Maybe a guy I had deemed a "2nd tier" (for what that's worth (hint: nothing)) like Yeldon or Du. Johnson emerges as the best in year one, or maybe a true dark-horse like Alfred Morris emerges as the best of the bunch and we were all wrong...

Should be fun to keep track of, imo.

To be honest. I'm going to go all homeriffic and pick Abdullah to make a big impact this year. The line is beefed up pretty good and all he needs is a crack of daylight.