• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tevin Coleman on Lions Radar?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For people that honestly believe this franchise will win with Stafford, don't you want a RB that can actually take one to the house?

You've got three young guys that should be able to hold their own on the line, that only leaves two spots. And one of them should only need to add one to the mix.

Do the math fellas. A RB should definitely be an option early. Unless you think it takes an overpaid 30something, a 4th and 5th and a 1,2 or 3 to replace Suh. Which it will, and more. But still, gimme Coleman Mayhew you rat bastard.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For people that honestly believe this franchise will win with Stafford, don't you want a RB that can actually take one to the house?

You've got three young guys that should be able to hold their own on the line, that only leaves two spots. And one of them should only need to add one to the mix.

Do the math fellas. A RB should definitely be an option early. Unless you think it takes an overpaid 30something, a 4th and 5th and a 1,2 or 3 to replace Suh. Which it will, and more. But still, gimme Coleman Mayhew you rat bastard.

You mean, Bell can't take anything to the house?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, Bell can't take anything to the house?

0 100 yard games last year, 3.9 yard avg per run, fumbles regularly. Bell really is not a good back.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that the RB spot isn't a need, it has been since Barry retired. It's that there are so many more important needs too. The trenches need help big time. Riley Reiff is leaving next year. Doesn't want to re-sign here. That leaves a massive hoke at LT. LG remains a sieve. RT is a huge question mark. We need TWO high caliber DTs. RE is the only stable spot on the D-Line. The LBs will need a complete re-haul, especially if Levy jets. The Lions have one capable CBs. Need 3. Their SS is holding out. Gonna need someone new there too. On top of all of that, you know Mayhew is looking for another WR.

Team is a mess going forward. Just not sure how a 1st round RB does anything to help things.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their is only 2 RBs that have first round grades:

Gurley and Gordon. For the Lions I would love to see Gurley if he is healthy or will be.

The second round group becomes more appropriate in my opinion:

Coleman, Abdullah ( although his little hands worry me ), Ajayi, and Johnson

The third it becomes a easier yet:

Same 2nd round group hoping for a slider and maybe Langford.

It's not a question of if but when.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that the RB spot isn't a need, it has been since Barry retired. It's that there are so many more important needs too. The trenches need help big time. Riley Reiff is leaving next year. Doesn't want to re-sign here. That leaves a massive hoke at LT. LG remains a sieve. RT is a huge question mark. We need TWO high caliber DTs. RE is the only stable spot on the D-Line. The LBs will need a complete re-haul, especially if Levy jets. The Lions have one capable CBs. Need 3. Their SS is holding out. Gonna need someone new there too. On top of all of that, you know Mayhew is looking for another WR.

Team is a mess going forward. Just not sure how a 1st round RB does anything to help things.
Do you have a link on where you get that Reiff doesn't want to play here?

A month ago you were adamant that Suh wanted to play in Detroit. Now it seems you think that nobody else does. Suh left for the $, attempting to deny that is fruitless. He had the components of the deal he wanted and left for more elsewhere. Had he stayed would all these others then want to stay and play in Detroit?

Why do those guys want out suddenly? Suh? There has to be a limit to just how much you think his impact was across the team and all of our other good players deciding to leave because he is gone is way too much.

The team is a mess, I agree with that, its because of the gaping holes in the trenches and the incompetence of The Clown Show, not because one guy isn't here any more.

Although in all fairness his departure is the issue on the defensive side.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a guess. Same w Levy. The Lions track record of acting like they're in control, when all signs later prove they were never in control, is proof enough for me. Mayhew hasn't talked to Levy's agent? Why? Reiff not extended for a fifth year? Why? I guess you can believe the Lions are the ones calling the shots here, but I don't see any reason to believe that. More likely it's the players and their agents pumping their brakes w the Lions. The Lions can prove me wrong by extending someone, anyone, with all that leftover Suh money. So far, nothing.

Suh laid the blue prints for how to handle the Lions in the off season. I expect these guys to do the same, probably cash in somewhere else.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 100 yard games last year, 3.9 yard avg per run, fumbles regularly. Bell really is not a good back.

I've agrued this but most Lions fans see something different than I do with him. I've seen the good runs he's had but he's definitely not a feature guy or someone that will force the defense to play run.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've agrued this but most Lions fans see something different than I do with him. I've seen the good runs he's had but he's definitely not a feature guy or someone that will force the defense to play run.

He's a good no.2, change of pace back. In the right role, he can be an asset. But he's not a game changer.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the team is a mess but I do think they could use just about anything. I don't think they accomplish a whole lot this year with acquiring a lot of guys but I think they have enough and will be able to add some pieces next year.

A RB possibly just solves the immediate need to run the ball better. Of course we need o-line too.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their is only 2 RBs that have first round grades:

Gurley and Gordon. For the Lions I would love to see Gurley if he is healthy or will be.

The second round group becomes more appropriate in my opinion:

Coleman, Abdullah ( although his little hands worry me ), Ajayi, and Johnson

The third it becomes a easier yet:

Same 2nd round group hoping for a slider and maybe Langford.

It's not a question of if but when.

Lions are in a bad spot if you ask me if they plan on taking a RB. Once the second round comes around, kiss all those decent RBs goodbye. Look around the league, teams are starving for some production from the position.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A month ago you were adamant that Suh wanted to play in Detroit. Now it seems you think that nobody else does. Suh left for the $, attempting to deny that is fruitless. He had the components of the deal he wanted and left for more elsewhere. Had he stayed would all these others then want to stay and play in Detroit?

Why do those guys want out suddenly? Suh? There has to be a limit to just how much you think his impact was across the team and all of our other good players deciding to leave because he is gone is way too much.

The team is a mess, I agree with that, its because of the gaping holes in the trenches and the incompetence of The Clown Show, not because one guy isn't here any more.

Although in all fairness his departure is the issue on the defensive side.

I don't understand where the gaping holes are on the o-line. If the Lions snag a really good left tackle early, that helps a lot. Even if they upgrade at RG, that should be enough for now. IMO, they have to see if Lucas or Waddle can start on the right side because they have the potential and that's one area the team can save money.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are in a bad spot if you ask me if they plan on taking a RB. Once the second round comes around, kiss all those decent RBs goodbye. Look around the league, teams are starving for some production from the position.

So you overpay for a RB if Gurley and Gordon are gone? When you have needs at O-Line, CB, and D-line that far outweigh that of RB?

I would prefer Langford before overpaying for Coleman.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess. Same w Levy. The Lions track record of acting like they're in control, when all signs later prove they were never in control, is proof enough for me. Mayhew hasn't talked to Levy's agent? Why? Reiff not extended for a fifth year? Why? I guess you can believe the Lions are the ones calling the shots here, but I don't see any reason to believe that. More likely it's the players and their agents pumping their brakes w the Lions. The Lions can prove me wrong by extending someone, anyone, with all that leftover Suh money. So far, nothing.

Suh laid the blue prints for how to handle the Lions in the off season. I expect these guys to do the same, probably cash in somewhere else.

Those other guys don't have the same type of leverage or suitors that Suh had. Their agents will definitely consider Detroit if you ask me.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you overpay for a RB if Gurley and Gordon are gone? When you have needs at O-Line, CB, and D-line that far outweigh that of RB?

I would prefer Langford before overpaying for Coleman.

Not at all. I'm not saying draft a RB by any means, no matter who is available. I'm sticking with the notion that either Gurley or Gordon will be available at 23 and could be the BPA. As far as Coleman, it would be ideal to try and trade down a little for him but that's risky given other teams have been rumored to like him. I can't predict anything but the way it looks is the Lions will have to decided very quickly if RB is what they want because they will have a small window of opportunity to get the best ones (feature backs).

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I'm not saying draft a RB by any means, no matter who is available. I'm sticking with the notion that either Gurley or Gordon will be available at 23 and could be the BPA. (feature backs).

Sorry, thought you meant going after Coleman at 23. IMO this is the draft that the Lions could and should trade down. They have weakness where the draft is deep. I would like to see the Lions drat Coleman but I think the second roux is much more likely than the first and I do believe he will be their in the second.

This could be the switch in philosophies that happen maybe RBs are coming back in style and the run happens early, but I still think their will be some solid backs on the board in the second round.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions can prove me wrong by extending someone, anyone, with all that leftover Suh money. So far, nothing.

I'm curious who you think the Lions should sign to an extension with the "Suh money"? The only player on the defensive side of the ball would be Levy and does it make sense to negotiate when he has another full season under contract and he is coming off a monster season? Detroit paid a premium to extend Stafford after a career year and now everyone complains about him.

Outside of Levy -- who are they going to extend? Ansah -- who has, I believe 2 more years on his deal. Slay -- who is in the same boat. Quinn -- who I believe has 3 years left on his deal. Tate -- who has 4 years left. Ihedbigo -- who is under contract and wants a raise at 32 years old.

I'm just trying to figure out who it is the Lions should be extending that you are talking about? For the upcoming year -- they brought in 9.5 million dollars in the two DT's, they still have 9 million in dead money from Suh and they didn't have to restructure anyone or cut anyone to overpay Suh.

So let us know what the front office should be doing right now.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Langford can take it to the house.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, thought you meant going after Coleman at 23. IMO this is the draft that the Lions could and should trade down. They have weakness where the draft is deep. I would like to see the Lions drat Coleman but I think the second roux is much more likely than the first and I do believe he will be their in the second.

This could be the switch in philosophies that happen maybe RBs are coming back in style and the run happens early, but I still think their will be some solid backs on the board in the second round.

It's a great idea but Mayhew is much more liable to move up since he gives draft picks away like candy.