• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens: If I don't play this year, I'm retiring

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire from 'not playing'? Okay, I'll let him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't try selling himself at all anymore, does he? I still think the guy could be a weapon but he's never going to play again. One can only imagine how bad he needs the money.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't try selling himself at all anymore, does he? I still think the guy could be a weapon but he's never going to play again. One can only imagine how bad he needs the money.

His problem is that his bridge burning started over a decade ago and now that his play doesn't outweigh his potential as a headache, teams no longer want to make that gamble. I have no doubt that he COULD help a team out...I just want him as far away from my team as humanly possible.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have no doubt that he COULD help a team out...I just want him as far away from my team as humanly possible.

You have no doubt? He's gonna be 40 this year. That doesn't raise any doubts that he's even capable of playing any more?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesnt, he is still strong as any WR in the NFL, he runs great routes and can still get behind people. But his past is killing his present and future

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is capable of playing still but as far as the NFL is concerned he is donzos

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has talent to play for teams in the NFL,he could play for the Redskins if Santana Moss is still playing, he could play for the Browns, Raiders just to name a few

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No it doesnt, he is still strong as any WR in the NFL, he runs great routes and can still get behind people. But his past is killing his present and future

There might be a little hyperbole here. He is not as strong as any WR in the NFL. I'm quite confident that, say, Calvin Johnson is stronger. He also doesn't run great routes. He has nver been a great route runner. He was, at his peak, a good route runner. Owens, like all WRs that have a distinct physical advantage over CBs, depended on being faster and/or stronger than the guy trying to cover him.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no doubt? He's gonna be 40 this year. That doesn't raise any doubts that he's even capable of playing any more?

No, the one thing TO has done was always keep himself in top physical shape. There is no way you can convince me that on talent alone, if given a fair shot to make a roster without taking any of his past into account, that he couldn't crack some team's active roster. There are plenty of crappy WR in this league that still have a job.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No, the one thing TO has done was always keep himself in top physical shape.

That's true, but he's not a QB; he's a WR. And he's been out of the league for 2 years. I'm pretty sure there's never been a player in the NFL who's come back from 2 years off at his age (except maybe QBs or kickers).

I'm not saying he can't do it, but I think being 40 should at least raise a little doubt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"It's all politics," he said. "I think a lot of it has to do with my reputation, things that I've done early in my career. I'm a changed person. I'm a bit more mature than I was in years past and I think if anybody out there can look past that, and look what I can bring to the team than some of the things that happened in the past, I can look past it and maybe they could and I could go in and help a team develop some of those younger guys."

It's a familiar message from Owens, who has been selling himself as a playmaker in need of an opportunity for the better part of two years now. Time is running out.

well YEAH! what you've done earlier in your career is you, ALL on you. now you have to deal with your 'reputation', deal with the name you've made for yourself. now you're asking people to look past it, c'mon now.

anyway, what caught my eye more was him developing younger guys? this is hard to define really, but in this case still can't help wonder? just can't picture him doing much 'coaching'?

'Playmaker' huh?