• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tequila...not what you probably remember!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girl I just started seeing likes tequila shots... So I did a couple of Jose last night...ugh

Jose?? Oh no!!!

Get her off that shit as quickly as you can.

While Patron is the Bose Audio of the tequila industry, they actually do make some really good juice, but it's not the stuff you can buy for under $100.

Jose Cuerve...they damn near totally bastardized the tequila industry....yet they too make a decent juice.

jc reserve.png

This is pretty good stuff here, but you'll need a cnote + to buy it. Generally speaking though, avoid JC tequila.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time we ever buy tequila it's to make a pitcher of margaritas, so it ends up being a bottle of Cuervo or similar. It's mainly a cost thing at that point, because if you're going to mix it, why use good stuff?

I'm the same way with my gin; if I'm just putting it in some tonic, it doesn't have to be good/expensive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time we ever buy tequila it's to make a pitcher of margaritas, so it ends up being a bottle of Cuervo or similar. It's mainly a cost thing at that point, because if you're going to mix it, why use good stuff?

I'm the same way with my gin; if I'm just putting it in some tonic, it doesn't have to be good/expensive.

Admittedly I've become a tequila aficionado in my own mind...lol so I cringed at the sight of JC....lol

I'm okay now...lol.

Seriously, it wasn't too long ago that I thought blanco was blanco was blanco and only used it in marg as well. Since I've gained more knowledge about Tequila sampled some stiff, and have had discovered some true sip quality blanco...I tried it in a marg for the wife and even she noticed a difference...like it more than my standard Espolon which is pretty good budget priced juice.

I'm sorta morphing into a neat or naught Tequila drinker these days so I try to buy the stuff with the fewest additives outside of the norm...I will keep Fortaleza blanco instock for the wife's margs but I always have Espolon blanco on hand largely because of price.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Premium Anejo Stand Off!

A couple of weeks ago, I parlayed a fathers day gift card and some spare cash into a bottle of Don Julio 1942. Last week I finally opened it, and just had to compare it to my go to Anejo.

Here are the results.

Attachments

• ULTIMATE ANEJO STANDOFF.pdf
    284.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to pick up a bottle, but none of your recommended stuff was on the shelf

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck tequila. The smell of it makes me heave.

Shame... Fastest growing spirit in the US...and it's not even close.

Anyway...I hear ya...Chances you were drinking Mexcal. But if you were drinking (or rather smelling) real tequila, then I feel bad for you.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame... Fastest growing spirit in the US...and it's not even close.

Anyway...I hear ya...Chances you were drinking Mexcal. But if you were drinking (or rather smelling) real tequila, then I feel bad for you.
Alcohol poisoning once, severe case. Never again

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcohol poisoning once, severe case. Never again

Oh...I understand...I was approaching that level with vodka once...bad, dry heaving 3 days later...eventually got over it and drank vodka again but have never drank another kamikaze though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I've become a tequila aficionado in my own mind...lol so I cringed at the sight of JC....lol

I'm okay now...lol.

Seriously, it wasn't too long ago that I thought blanco was blanco was blanco and only used it in marg as well. Since I've gained more knowledge about Tequila sampled some stiff, and have had discovered some true sip quality blanco...I tried it in a marg for the wife and even she noticed a difference...like it more than my standard Espolon which is pretty good budget priced juice.

I'm sorta morphing into a neat or naught Tequila drinker these days so I try to buy the stuff with the fewest additives outside of the norm...I will keep Fortaleza blanco instock for the wife's margs but I always have Espolon blanco on hand largely because of price.

Nothing wrong with some JC Tradicionale

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with some JC Tradicionale

Probably not...don’t recall having Tradicionale, but proof they know how to make top shelf Tequila lies with the Reserve Extra Anejo...hard to find here, but it’s a great sipper.

Many of the last family generation tequila makers have sold out to industry giants...there are a handful of boutique small batch brands out there, but JC like Patron, and Sauza are corp owned now and are in the volume business.

Last edited:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tequila turns me into a monster, fuck drinking that stuff

Honestly, fuck all hard alcohols, i got that shit out of my system in my 20's. A couple beers is good enough for me