• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one dumb sum bitch. These two teams are very well known for their fan bases. VT traveled better than your sorry ass Michigan squad to the Sugar Bowl a couple years ago. Until a couple games back, VT had sold out every home game for the past 15 years. And Tennessee fills their stadium every home game even with the sorry product they put on the field.

go look up tenn's attendance last year. they had 3 games where they had at least 10,000 empty seats and 2 more games with around 20,000 empty seats. of 7 home games last year they sold out only 2 of them

go look up the 2012 sugar bowl allotted tickets sales. virginia tech was allotted 17,500 and sold only 10,000 of them. michigan sold 14,000 of its 17,500 within the first few days.

thats two flat out lie's that you just tried to pass off at fact.......

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me a dumb SOB????

i think you just made a pretty big ass out of yourself with that one....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go look up tenn's attendance last year. they had 3 games where they had at least 10,000 empty seats and 2 more games with around 20,000 empty seats. of 7 home games last year they sold out only 2 of them

go look up the 2012 sugar bowl allotted tickets sales. virginia tech was allotted 17,500 and sold only 10,000 of them. michigan sold 14,000 of its 17,500 within the first few days.

I didn't say they sold out....I said they fill it up. 80,000-85,000 showing up to see a 7-5 team ain't too shabby. Michigan didn't sell out their allotment and their alumni base is like 8 times the size of VT's. It was already covered that VT fans have gotten smart and don't go through the school for tickets because better seats can be had at a lower price elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they sold out....I said they fill it up. 80,000-85,000 showing up to see a 5-7 team ain't too shabby. Michigan didn't sell out their allotment and their alumni base is like 8 times the size of VT's. It was already covered that VT fans have gotten smart and don't go through the school for tickets because better seats can be had at a lower price elsewhere.

fify

But yeah... Kinda hard to sell out a 102k seat stadium when the team has been shit for 5 years or so. If Tennessee is even a little bit decent, they shouldn't have too much trouble bringing 100k fans. East Tennessee is all Vol Country. For every person who doesn't want to buy tix cause of the shitty seats, there will be five buying just to be in there.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we didn't sell out against Georgia State, Akron, Troy, Missouri or Kentucky, but had 100,000+ against Alabama and Florida. About 70k traveled twice as far as Bristol to see a 7 win team play North Carolina. 40k tickets for a game like this??? They will be sold in no time. This is two years from now and I doubt Tennessee will be any worse. Tennessee will travel...not even worried about the attendance.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they sold out....I said they fill it up. 80,000-85,000 showing up to see a 7-5 team ain't too shabby. Michigan didn't sell out their allotment and their alumni base is like 8 times the size of VT's. It was already covered that VT fans have gotten smart and don't go through the school for tickets because better seats can be had at a lower price elsewhere.

they fill it up ==> sounds an awfully lot like implying that you meant to say they sold it out. i smell a backtrack here.

and please do tell me.....how is it that you come to this ridiculous conclusion that only vtech fans are capable of using stubhub........thats a lame ass excuse and you know it

2008-2009 orange bowl
-vtech sold only 3,300 of its 17,500 allotment

2010-2011 orange bowl
-vtech sold just 6,500 of its 17,500 allotment

2012-2013 russell athletic
-vtech sold just 3,000 of its 13,500 allotment

do you see a reoccurring theme here?????

and lemme just highlight your own quote
their alumni base is like 8 times the size of VT's
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think you just made a pretty good case for why they were a bad choice for bristol.

and oh tenn is so good for averaging 89k a game in a 7-5 season??????

michigan went 5-7 in 2009 and averaged 109k per game
michigan went 3-9 in 2008 and averaged 108k per game
psu went 3-9 in 2003 and averaged 105k per game
psu went 4-7 in 2004 and averaged 103k per game

those were just some examples that i came up with but if you look at texas & notre dame when they have bad stretches they fill up their stadium as well and do it a lot better than tenn. they FILL their stadiums not this 80% to 90% full bullshit that tenn does.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we didn't sell out against Georgia State, Akron, Troy, Missouri or Kentucky, but had 100,000+ against Alabama and Florida. About 70k traveled twice as far as Bristol to see a 7 win team play North Carolina. 40k tickets for a game like this??? They will be sold in no time. This is two years from now and I doubt Tennessee will be any worse. Tennessee will travel...not even worried about the attendance.

the difference between tenn and all the other major programs ==> those programs actually fill their stadiums up against scrub teams too

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference between tenn and all the other major programs ==> those programs actually fill their stadiums up against scrub teams too

Alabama didn't sell out against Georgia St this year.

Just shut up and go away.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they fill it up ==> sounds an awfully lot like implying that you meant to say they sold it out. i smell a backtrack here.

and please do tell me.....how is it that you come to this ridiculous conclusion that only vtech fans are capable of using stubhub........thats a lame ass excuse and you know it

2008-2009 orange bowl
-vtech sold only 3,300 of its 17,500 allotment

2010-2011 orange bowl
-vtech sold just 6,500 of its 17,500 allotment

2012-2013 russell athletic
-vtech sold just 3,000 of its 13,500 allotment

do you see a reoccurring theme here?????

I went to both of those Orange Bowls and didn't buy tickets from the school. In fact, I've only missed 2 bowl games since 2005 and have NEVER purchased them through the school. You would be stupid to pay that price for the shit, upper corner seats the schools get.

VT is still known as having a very well traveling fan base. Weird how that works, huh?

michigan went 5-7 in 2009 and averaged 109k per game
michigan went 3-9 in 2008 and averaged 108k per game
psu went 3-9 in 2003 and averaged 105k per game
psu went 4-7 in 2004 and averaged 103k per game

So now you're not even trying to hide the fact that you're crying that Michigan isn't in a game like this.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama didn't sell out against Georgia St this year.

Just shut up and go away.

you must be seriously joking or a total idiot

the attendance for that game: 101,254

the capacity for bama's stadium is listed at: 101,821

thats 99.4% capacity

and just an fyi:

1. the idiot poster i was responding too claims using the term "filling up a stadium" doesnt necessarily mean selling out a stadium

2. you are talking the worst scrub team in the history of CFB.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to both of those Orange Bowls and didn't buy tickets from the school. In fact, I've only missed 2 bowl games since 2005 and have NEVER purchased them through the school. You would be stupid to pay that price for the shit, upper corner seats the schools get.

VT is still known as having a very well traveling fan base. Weird how that works, huh?

So now you're not even trying to hide the fact that you're crying that Michigan isn't in a game like this.

it doesnt matter what you did, its what your fanbase does as a whole. if you think that vtechs ticket sales are a fluke you are sadly mistaken. in the 4 bowls i looked up for vtech, 2 of them had the opposing teams ticket sales listed as well. (stanford & mich.) and in both case's they flat out crushed vtech in allotment sales.

yes even west coast, 15k enrollment stanford outsold its ticket allotment.

this is really a total joke....or you are in flat out denial if you think stubhub affects only vtech. you cant have such a huge disparity, and such a consistent trend like this and say its because of stub hub. sorry but it doesnt work like that. you say you have a traveling fanbase ==> but the stats dont show it

-im crying cuz michigan isnt in a game like this???????
um no, they obviously chose two schools who were inferior to the current power programs because they were not willing to do this. this is the biggest gimmick in all of cfb and these schools are doing it just for the massive payday. they have been talking about this for years and it took them forever to finally get their two schools......why is that?

i grew up on SU basketball, i know all to well that these types of games where you put a game in a venue not designed for that sport.....it kills the quality of the game and it kills the fan experience. thats why in BB theres a major movement trying to end games in football stadiums & on top of aircraft carriers.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
john: just shut up. really, nobody fucking cares. go away.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will find out how much of a disaster this is in just under three years. I am pretty sure they would not have planned it if they did not think it was a good plan and a product garnering demand.

I am not going to get into the "inferior team" discussion. Michigan is a great traditional school. It has a top 5 history when it comes to CFB.

They chose Virginia Tech and Tennessee and have been pursuing those two teams for almost a decade now, so.....yeah.

John, we get it. Now it has been announced and it is going to happen so just piss off or start another thread criticizing it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me about it dude......

the vtech fans on here......

and the bama fans who dont like me calling that fanbase a "redneck" fanbase are big time criers

I let my earlier posts speak for themselves on this issue. I laid it out as to why it will work and that wont change by the amount of posts you come up with on how many tickets didnt sell through the University or otherwise.

It is a one off game as of now, it is unique, it will get heavily promoted, there will be other reasons than the tailgate parties to go and it will attract more than just Tenn/VT fans. EoT/

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will find out how much of a disaster this is in just under three years. I am pretty sure they would not have planned it if they did not think it was a good plan and a product garnering demand.

I am not going to get into the "inferior team" discussion. Michigan is a great traditional school. It has a top 5 history when it comes to CFB.

They chose Virginia Tech and Tennessee and have been pursuing those two teams for almost a decade now, so.....yeah.

John, we get it. Now it has been announced and it is going to happen so just piss off or start another thread criticizing it.

at the end of the day money dictates college sports & the decisions people make. i think 90% of why they are doing this is more about $$$$ and less about trying to make an historic game. teams will host a bad event if it fattens their wallet and we have more than enough examples of this.

sorry but im just calling it like i see it ==> and if that makes me the bad guy here.....so be it:noidea:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the problem right there. These games are all about profit, not competition. The question really should be, would it be a good game, not how much money can it make?

But still, it would be a good match-up, I'm not sure about doing it at Bristol, however, since it would cost a lot of money for one single game, and we know that at the end, it's about dollars and cents. But hey, for the novelty, someone might foot the bill.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem right there. These games are all about profit, not competition. The question really should be, would it be a good game, not how much money can it make?

But still, it would be a good match-up, I'm not sure about doing it at Bristol, however, since it would cost a lot of money for one single game, and we know that at the end, it's about dollars and cents. But hey, for the novelty, someone is going to foot the bill.

FIFY