• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah because they dont need to resort to this kind of gimmick. (yep you heard me....gimmick) if it sells out it will be historic, however i seriously doubt it breaks 100k

what you idiots dont realize that this is being pushed by bristol not the schools. they want the prestige of hosting a FB game & even though the CFB teams know its a bad idea, the paycheck of doing this if the stadium is only half full is just too good for them to pass up.

so they bite the bullet even if they think its a bad idea (which it is)

if by some miracle it sells out, it will be historic no doubt <==i just dont see that happening

Tennessee has a stadium that holds 100K and they average about 91-92% capacity, why would this one not break 100K if VT brings fans at their normal rate?

Is this your opinion of what you think the schools know, or is this a fact that you havent shared with us yet?

Again, sounds more like an opinion and not a fact. Do you have any facts to present as to why this wont work, the teams feel its a bad idea, or are you just full of hot air and continuing to be the lone voice of negativity in a sea of excitement for the game.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee has a stadium that holds 100K and they average about 91-92% capacity, why would this one not break 100K if VT brings fans at their normal rate?

Is this your opinion of what you think the schools know, or is this a fact that you havent shared with us yet?

Again, sounds more like an opinion and not a fact. Do you have any facts to present as to why this wont work, the teams feel its a bad idea, or are you just full of hot air and continuing to be the lone voice of negativity in a sea of excitement for the game.

Tennessee had almost 70k at the Music City Bowl and that's an hour further than Bristol. There's no way they'd bring any less than that and like you said, factor in what VT brings and I'd be shocked if there weren't 100k.

ErNdrn8.jpg

XXpYOEo.jpg

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to applaud John on some supreme trolling. I mean, no one can seriously be that stupid, right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to applaud John on some supreme trolling. I mean, no one can seriously be that stupid, right?

Probably shouldn't, but I can't resist. He even has a troll face on.

barack-obama-laughing.jpg

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are that each team will get a 4 million dollar payout, and 40K tickets to sell. If they sell out their allotment, they get an additional 500k payout. Some have said the seating will be as much AST 180K, but it will be at least 150K. They are still working that out due to sight lines.

That's not a bad little payday if true.

Sparks posted this over on our board here:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/virginia-tech/110486-future-opponents-4.html#post3795751

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between this post and the result of the Michigan game, we may need to put ole' John under Suicide Watch.

suicide-watch-sucicide-popcorn-demotivational-posters-1298427526.jpg

Sometimes nature should just take its course IMO.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me in 2016 when they have to move it to a better location because they cant figure out where to put the field

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me in 2016 when they have to move it to a better location because they cant figure out where to put the field

:lol:

You have no clue what you are talking about, or in this case who you are talking about. If you think a scoreboard that can be taken down in hours is an obstacle for Bruno Smith they you are even dumber than I thought.

I won't be surprised if they even bring in extra seating. Bruno Smith is a crazy good promoter.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You have no clue what you are talking about, or in this case who you are talking about. If you think a scoreboard that can be taken down in hours is an obstacle for Bruno Smith they you are even dumber than I thought.

I won't be surprised if they even bring in extra seating. Bruno Smith is a crazy good promoter.

its not even the scoreboard. i already told you about how syracuse couldnt make it work moving their BB court due to an issue with the location of the TV camera's.

there are so many logistical issue with this that need a lot of work. they still dont even know where on the track is the best place to put the field. then theres the giant scoreboard that needs to be moved, dirt that needs to be moved in, garage's that will block the sight line, and of course how to televise the dang thing

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not even the scoreboard. i already told you about how syracuse couldnt make it work moving their BB court due to an issue with the location of the TV camera's.

there are so many logistical issue with this that need a lot of work. they still dont even know where on the track is the best place to put the field. then theres the giant scoreboard that needs to be moved, dirt that needs to be moved in, garage's that will block the sight line, and of course how to televise the dang thing

:laugh3: basketball.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On September 10, 2016, Bristol Motor Speedway will transform its iconic short track into a world-class football stadium for the inaugural Battle at Bristol, College Football's Biggest EVER, featuring a border battle between the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Tennessee Volunteers.

Battle At Bristol

That one word makes me think this isn't a one shot deal.

edit: Maybe not a recurring game with Tech and the Vols, but maybe a yearly high profile game.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle At Bristol

That one word makes me think this isn't a one shot deal.

edit: Maybe not a recurring game with Tech and the Vols, but maybe a yearly high profile game.

thats even more insane to say. the whole appeal of this as the idiots on here have been mentioning is the "biggest game ever" aspect of it