• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4038301-947308-rusty-nail.jpg

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive never heard of a destination game coming close to 160k in attendance

When it comes to having a venue that can hold that many in close proximity to two fan bases that could actually fill it, BMS and Tenn/VT very well may be the best possible matchup.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive never heard of a destination game coming close to 160k in attendance

Probably because you are too stupid to realize that one has never taken place in a venue large enough to hold 160k...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why isn't Michigan, Syracuse or Colorado playing?

michigan ==> still reeling from the cowboys classic

syracuse ==> ooc is loaded with more than enough destination games already

colorado ==> has pretty much a nonexistant fanbase that far east

but to be clear theres no way su & cu never get an invite to this type of game before tech or ut.....

but i would list
michigan
ohio state
penn state
nebraska
alabama
florida
lsu
georgia
fsu
usc
oregon
texas
oklahoma
south carolina
texas a&m

as better options for either of the 2 teams

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to having a venue that can hold that many in close proximity to two fan bases that could actually fill it, BMS and Tenn/VT very well may be the best possible matchup.

i understand the geography concept. but teams like texas & alabama dont need geography to get fans to come to this game.

those two fanbases are a lot better than tenn or vtech.

for an event that has the potential to be really historic i feel like they are wasting it on unworthy programs who wont be able to come close to filling it up

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand the geography concept. but teams like texas & alabama dont need geography to get fans to come to this game.

for an event that has the potential to be really historic i feel like they are wasting it on unworthy programs who wont be able to come close to filling it up

'Unworthy' is really the adjective you want to use to describe Tennessee and Virginia Tech?

:L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. Both teams are relatively local, both teams travel really well even if not, which means their fans from outside this area will make the trip for a one off game of this magnitude in history.

The one reason this game makes the most sense is, this is right in the prime area of their recruiting bases and this will be a selling tool for them for a couple of years to attract recruits. This will give them an edge on some of those recruits that might otherwise wave gone to an Alabama, tOSU or other team that had the clout and lineage to steal them away otherwise. Add in that Tennessee is one of the most storied programs in the NCAA, and VT has a recent history of putting together winning teams and this is a match that fits the venue and will attract plenty of attention.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So before the whole concept was ridiculous, now just the teams are ridiculous and the event has the potential to be "really historic"...backpedaling at it's finest. Why don't you just admit that there is only one thing on this thread that is ridiculous...and you're it.

Alabama and Texas fans would stay away from this in droves, the fact that you don't understand this is not surprising.

You could not pick two better fan bases for this shindig, if you knew anything outside your narrow little box you would know this, but I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg in your life experience and educational shortcomings.

Go borrow your testes back from Mommy, man up, admit you are in error, and quit posting on topics you are clueless about, which essentially means quit posting in your case.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So before the whole concept was ridiculous, now just the teams are ridiculous and the event has the potential to be "really historic"...backpedaling at it's finest. Why don't you just admit that there is only one thing on this thread that is ridiculous...and you're it.

Alabama and Texas fans would stay away from this in droves, the fact that you don't understand this is not surprising.

You could not pick two better fan bases for this shindig, if you knew anything outside your narrow little box you would know this, but I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg in your life experience and educational shortcomings.

Go borrow your testes back from Mommy, man up, admit you are in error, and quit posting on topics you are clueless about, which essentially means quit posting in your case.

And I thought I was the only one who saw this.:10:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big10 fan talking about unworthy teams. Nothing like a good chuckle to start my Friday

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big10 fan talking about unworthy teams. Nothing like a good chuckle to start my Friday

bad football ==> yes

but somehow the fanbases of michigan, ohio state, & penn state are on par with that of texas alabama & notre dame.......

why is that?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah because they dont need to resort to this kind of gimmick. (yep you heard me....gimmick) if it sells out it will be historic, however i seriously doubt it breaks 100k

what you idiots dont realize that this is being pushed by bristol not the schools. they want the prestige of hosting a FB game & even though the CFB teams know its a bad idea, the paycheck of doing this if the stadium is only half full is just too good for them to pass up.

so they bite the bullet even if they think its a bad idea (which it is)

if by some miracle it sells out, it will be historic no doubt <==i just dont see that happening

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this "resorting to a gimmick" by the way. Both of these schools have been invited to play in multiple week 1 OOC prime time games and have never had any issue selling those out. I'm sure they both could sell out their own venues for this game. What need do they have for a "gimmick?.