• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me in 2016 when they have to move it to a better location because they cant figure out where to put the field

its not even the scoreboard. i already told you about how syracuse couldnt make it work moving their BB court due to an issue with the location of the TV camera's.

there are so many logistical issue with this that need a lot of work. they still dont even know where on the track is the best place to put the field. then theres the giant scoreboard that needs to be moved, dirt that needs to be moved in, garage's that will block the sight line, and of course how to televise the dang thing

thats even more insane to say. the whole appeal of this as the idiots on here have been mentioning is the "biggest game ever" aspect of it

I think that we all know where you stand.

Is there a reason you are still trolling this thread?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]_oOvl-90GPU[/youtube]

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quKkj6t.jpg

LXkvRSk.jpg

stTebgP.jpg

pNhCDhX.jpg

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats even more insane to say. the whole appeal of this as the idiots on here have been mentioning is the "biggest game ever" aspect of it

So before the whole concept was ridiculous, then just the teams are ridiculous and the event has the potential to be "really historic", then it was the tailgate was the only draw, now it's "biggest game ever" is the only draw. You waffle so much I'm thinking you are destined for a career in politics...which seems appropriate, given the number of assholes who take up that profession.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So before the whole concept was ridiculous, then just the teams are ridiculous and the event has the potential to be "really historic", then it was the tailgate was the only draw, now it's "biggest game ever" is the only draw. You waffle so much I'm thinking you are destined for a career in politics...which seems appropriate, given the number of assholes who take up that profession.

the concept is ridiculous
the teams selected was not the best
the tailgate is the only draw
the biggest game ever ==> was coined by dummys like you and now im just saying it loses that prestige if this becomes routine

currently tenn cant even sell out its stadium......you really think they will be able to fill up a stadium 100 miles away

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest game ever ==> was coined by dummys like you and now im just saying it loses that prestige if this becomes routine

currently tenn cant even sell out its stadium......you really think they will be able to fill up a stadium 100 miles away
:L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will chime in one more time on this since its a done deal now.

We have two teams that are not against it, they signed the deal.

We have two fanbases that are hyped about this already and its not even close to time for the game, they will come in huge numbers.

WE have a promoter who is known for things like all out assaults on his venues by military personnel, Concerts by top line Bands, Tightrope walking by the Wallenda's. He built a complete Dragstrip in less than 5 months time due to having the race already pre-sold to the NHRA, and the fans. Moving a few things and making extra seating is not beyond his capabilities. His Charlotte track has the largest HDTV screen in the world, this man is not afraid to push the limits or try something never done before.

We have an as of now, one off, unique type race that will attract attention by not only the two fanbases, but others as well due to its part in the history of the sport, it will draw fans.

I see this as a good game and I know some things about Bruton Smith(met him many times) and I know he is a man of action. He will promote this, he will work out the logistics for the fans, and he will try his best to make this game a complete sellout and the pre-game activities will make this unlike any football game i have ever been to, if he does it like his races.

I am there and i know many others already talking about it as well. I smell sellout.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have two fanbases that are hyped about this already and its not even close to time for the game, they will come in huge numbers.

WE have a promoter who is known for things like all out assaults on his venues by military personnel, Concerts by top line Bands, Tightrope walking by the Wallenda's. He built a complete Dragstrip in less than 5 months time due to having the race already pre-sold to the NHRA, and the fans. Moving a few things and making extra seating is not beyond his capabilities. His Charlotte track has the largest HDTV screen in the world, this man is not afraid to push the limits or try something never done before.

We have an as of now, one off, unique type race that will attract attention by not only the two fanbases, but others as well due to its part in the history of the sport, it will draw fans.

I see this as a good game and I know some things about Bruton Smith(met him many times) and I know he is a man of action. He will promote this, he will work out the logistics for the fans, and he will try his best to make this game a complete sellout and the pre-game activities will make this unlike any football game i have ever been to, if he does it like his races.

I am there and i know many others already talking about it as well. I smell sellout.

I can't see it not being a sellout, myself, unless both VT and Tennessee are down right horrible by that time....which is probably not likely. Even then it would probably still put up some huge numbers. Like you have demonstrated, it isn't just VT fans and UT fans going to be there either. There are many people within hundreds of miles with no allegiance to either team that would be eager to attend this game just because it is a first, possibly the last, and to be able to tell everyone that they were part of history in attending the largest football game ever. I mean if Troy and South Alabama were going to do something like this at Talladega (200 miles from here) then I would probably be there and I have no real allegiance to either team, or Talladega. I mean if the figures are remotely true....then VT and UT are each getting an allotment of 40k seats to fill which would be 80k together, and there will be around 100k sold privately. A lot of those 100k seats will be UT/VT fans, but a good deal of them will just be cfb fans in general.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, since their allotment is only 40k, I feel pretty comfortable with the numbers. As for the rest of your spurious arguments, well, that is exactly what they are.

Oh, BTW the plural is dummies, dummy.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. I will trust the thoughts of a near billionaire entertainment and sports promoter over that of what amounts to a child's opinion in terms of business dealings of this type.
2. Tailgate is not the only draw in this particular game. The game between two teams that are only a couple of hundred miles separated is a draw, the biggest game in the history of college football is a draw, the unique nature of it being played in a Racing venue is a draw, The pre-game activities will be a draw. i can go on, but I think this proves my point that the tailgate is not the ONLY draw.
4. You changing your mind on what it your biggest problem with this game is almost comical now. We started at A and have almost rolled around to Z, and in all of those, you have not spouted one fact, only opinion, which is flawed from the get go.

Currently Tennessee is at 91-92% of its home attendance with a down team that has been struggling to find its leader on the sidelines. Add in that VT is riding a 15 year streak of sellouts at home and you can be sure this will be a big draw. All of this has no bearing on this one off game as the uniqueness of this game, coupled with both teams normal draw and the promoter being a master at creating buzz will attract enough to take the record. You can bank on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs Humpy Wheeler back.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs Humpy Wheeler back.

He and Humpy are not really all that friendly anymore. He did Humpy wrong promoting his son to that position and basically retiring Humpy and from what i heard last, they dont speak much. Not sure if this is true, but i liked Humpy, a damn nice guy who would speak to anyone and is a surprisingly funny man. I struck up a conversation with him one time in an elevator at the Charlotte motor speedway and three hours later we finally realized we had forgotten about our meeting we both had planned to attend. He is one of those guys you speak to one time and feel like you have known him your whole life.

I agree with you though, he does need Humpy back in his life, old friendships are something you should never bail on.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah now that ive had some time to dwell on it this is a bad idea.

1. its two teams who are not well known for their insanely large fanbases or for being a contender right now. by no means is this an intriguing matchup

2. its a terrible fan experience. theres a huge reason why the NCAA is cutting back on basketball tourny games being held in football stadiums. attendance sucks, it kills the quality of the game and it looks horrible on TV. this is pretty much the exact same thing in a nutshell

You are one dumb sum bitch. These two teams are very well known for their fan bases. VT traveled better than your sorry ass Michigan squad to the Sugar Bowl a couple years ago. Until a couple games back, VT had sold out every home game for the past 15 years. And Tennessee fills their stadium every home game even with the sorry product they put on the field.