• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw today that the game is a go. From the buzz, the TV money, and for $100+ a seat, you can tear down the tower, haul in turf, and the whole 9 yards. Sure, the race track will not be the best viewing or seating setting, but after a case of beer, a bottle of Jack, 3 bags of chips, and two racks of ribs, who cares? It will be one of those that the t-shirt saying "I was there" will be worth the bucks. (just order the damn thing two sizes bigger)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John boy, I can understand where you're coming from about Bristol not being a great venue, because I agree when the stadium is too big the atmosphere can get lost, but with that said, you don't have any fucking clue what you are talking about. This game has been talked about for 10-15 years between Hokie and Bol fans. Both blamed each other for not playing it or getting it set up. I received my email from Bristol Motor Speedway this morning with ticket prices and a questionnaire (not a vol season ticket holder so they may have received the same). Bruton Smith who owns the track is looking for 100,000 person commitment before he promises to tear up the in-field/tower. If you purchase the tickets in advance and the deal falls through, you get a refund. Talked to some of my Hokie buddies in Abbington about it already this morning and there should be no problem getting 100,000 commitments. Since you already know everything, I won't explain how badass the tailgate situation will be, because you've been there for the past 20 years like me enjoying it every March/August. You already know that there will be an estimated 100,000 who come for the party and don't even go into the track/stadium. You've got it all figured out don't ya.............

i'm just glad Tenn finally grew some cahones and agreed to play us

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you get that redneck fanbase association

I will just say this John and we can let it go at that.

I will take the rednecks all day long rather than have to suffer sitting in a stadium full of pretentious, stuck up, stick in their asses Michigan, Syracuse or Colorado fans. i will stick with people who dont have a need to wish they were better than anyone else, even though we know most of them(Bama Fans) are when it comes to the likes of you and your fanbases.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say this John and we can let it go at that.

I will take the rednecks all day long rather than have to suffer sitting in a stadium full of pretentious, stuck up, stick in their asses Michigan, Syracuse or Colorado fans. i will stick with people who dont have a need to wish they were better than anyone else, even though we know most of them(Bama Fans) are when it comes to the likes of you and your fanbases.

Not everyone at Michigan games is pretentious. They have plenty of white trash mid-westerners at their games too.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone at Michigan games is pretentious. They have plenty of white trash mid-westerners at their games too.

Eminem_Michigan_Notre_Dame_halftime_animated_gif.gif

verifiable proof to your statement

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You cant make John believe that though, he thinks people in his fanbases are above being Redneck.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ticket prices just came in. The names are the sections for people who have never been to Bristol motor speedway.

Allison $140
Allison Terrace $120
Pearson $120
Pearson Terrace $100
Kulwicki $80
Kulwicki Terrace $80
Wallace Tower $50
Petty $120
Petty Terrace $120
Yarborough $140
Yarborough Terrace $140
Junior Johnson $140
Junior Johnson Terrace $140
Earnhardt Terrace One $120
Earnhardt Terrace Two $100
Waltrip One $80
Waltrip Two $40

BristolMotorSpeedway_all.GIF

So who do you have to kill to watch it from the top of the garage...

Curious to see how the number of seats affects the after market price...don't care though, I will gladly shell out for this spectacle.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Vz0xG8Y0M]#BattleAtBristol Promo Video - YouTube[/ame]

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When ever I click on this thread the backround is messed up.

I've tried refreshing the page and nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When ever I click on this thread the backround is messed up.

I've tried refreshing the page and nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?

Nope, it's fine for everyone else and nobody has mentioned the page being broken.

:whistle::lol:

It happens from time to time, next page on the thread will fix it.