• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow

Oh shit a poll option. Cut Tebow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think mallett was a bit excited, nervous, amped up and the ball was just jumping out of his hand and it was a bit too long on some plays. he wasnt off by much. he settled down and started looking good until that hit to the chest. i agree with krafty hes got to be a bit tougher than that, that hit would never knock brady out. i did like what i saw from mallett though he looked more in command of the offense than earlier in his career and was running things smoothly and making faster decisions. his arm is special there are not too many starting qbs in the league that throw lasers like that. hes putting it together and a team thats needs a starting qb would be krazy not to jump all over him and try to get him imo.

1dummydog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him taking snaps from anyone in practice. Let Mallett take every preseason snap if need be. Let him work more. Tebow clearly doesn't have it.

Didn't he play because Mallett had his "bell rung". Otherwise Timmy sits until 4th quarter at earliest.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason. You are cautious in the preseason. Mallett is at no risk of being cut, and it is silly to insist on playing through a possible head injury in that situation.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he play because Mallett had his "bell rung". Otherwise Timmy sits until 4th quarter at earliest.

According to Belichick Tebow would have played the second half regardless.

I don't believe it, though. I think Mallett throwing to them is a lot more beneficial to the receivers than Tebow doing so, and the fourth quarter would have been a more natural place to change.

paperchamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if tebow can make the team just for the scout team and a couple trick plays per game? the pats defense needs to see somebody playing the pistol and I think tebow can do that great.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if tebow can make the team just for the scout team and a couple trick plays per game? the pats defense needs to see somebody playing the pistol and I think tebow can do that great.

That's not worth a roster spot.

And they don't need trick plays. This offense is in great shape.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any play you put the ball in Tim Tebow's hands instead of Tom Brady's hands is a bad play.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think mallett was a bit excited, nervous, amped up and the ball was just jumping out of his hand and it was a bit too long on some plays. he wasnt off by much. he settled down and started looking good until that hit to the chest. i agree with krafty hes got to be a bit tougher than that, that hit would never knock brady out. i did like what i saw from mallett though he looked more in command of the offense than earlier in his career and was running things smoothly and making faster decisions. his arm is special there are not too many starting qbs in the league that throw lasers like that. hes putting it together and a team thats needs a starting qb would be krazy not to jump all over him and try to get him imo.

Sounds like what I saw briz. He needs to get in a good long performance and shine so they can trade him.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow wont make the roster, it's that simple. He can't play QB in a pro style offense and BB isn't going to keep a 3rd QB who's a gimmick. Edelman could be your emergency QB, if your down to number 3 your gonna lose anyways and if that's Tebow...yeah were losing anyways. He might not even last to the final cuts tbh...he shouldn't at least but BB might try him out all 4 games before cutting him loose.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how Tebow can throw for all those yards in college but once he gets to the NFL it is all downhill.

Shows how much talent he had around him at Florida.

Still won a Play off game though, remind Mike Tomlin of that fact I am certain it will make him smile

Being a college spread/read option QB has nothing to do with translating to the NFL. He was a great college player, but anyone who thought he would make it in the pros doesn't watch much football. I guessed he would be in the CFL in 3 years and it wont be long until he's there, if he wants to be a QB. Hell he struggle in Canada probably. I don't follow it, but he can't be a pocket passer, he's a gimmick QB.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a college spread/read option QB has nothing to do with translating to the NFL. He was a great college player, but anyone who thought he would make it in the pros doesn't watch much football. I guessed he would be in the CFL in 3 years and it wont be long until he's there, if he wants to be a QB. Hell he struggle in Canada probably. I don't follow it, but he can't be a pocket passer, he's a gimmick QB.

CFL coaches don't want him - if anything, accuracy and a quick read matter more there, so he's even less suited to playing QB in that league. And with limited/no Tebowmania, he won't even sell tickets.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFL coaches don't want him - if anything, accuracy and a quick read matter more there, so he's even less suited to playing QB in that league. And with limited/no Tebowmania, he won't even sell tickets.

Yeah I had a feeling he wouldn't even be worth it in Canada, but I don't follow the league or know the level of competition.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any play you put the ball in Tim Tebow's hands instead of Tom Brady's hands is a bad play.

This. I would extend that to Mallett as well, even though he didn't have a great game yesterday. I would never voluntarily take it from Mallett to give to Tebow.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Briz! That hit absolutely would have knocked Brady out of the game. I'ts the first game of preseason!!!!!!
Anyway, he was fine on the sideline and would have gone back in if we needed him.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz! That hit absolutely would have knocked Brady out of the game. I'ts the first game of preseason!!!!!!
Anyway, he was fine on the sideline and would have gone back in if we needed him.
^ He's right.

I very much doubt that Mallett was on the sidelines because he's a wimp. There's just absolutely no reason to put him back in the game at that point after taking that shot, since the game doesn't count.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Belichick Tebow would have played the second half regardless.

I don't believe it, though. I think Mallett throwing to them is a lot more beneficial to the receivers than Tebow doing so, and the fourth quarter would have been a more natural place to change.

JDM, I was all for giving Tebow his chance. Now that we have seen him, I have a big concern and you hit it right on the head.

The receivers looked like world-beaters with Brady in there. They looked very good with Mallett in there. With Tebow in there they started looking confused. Routes were startiing to break off or break down. If we had not seen them play before Tebow came in, I would have thought the receivers were not playing well. In fact, they really didn't play as well with Tebow in there. The line quit blocking for Tebow several times too.

I previously stated that we need Tebow as a backup during camp, to keep Brady and Mallett off the field.... I'm not so sure now.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM, I was all for giving Tebow his chance. Now that we have seen him, I have a big concern and you hit it right on the head.

The receivers looked like world-beaters with Brady in there. They looked very good with Mallett in there. With Tebow in there they started looking confused. Routes were startiing to break off or break down. If we had not seen them play before Tebow came in, I would have thought the receivers were not playing well. In fact, they really didn't play as well with Tebow in there. The line quit blocking for Tebow several times too.

I previously stated that we need Tebow as a backup during camp, to keep Brady and Mallett off the field.... I'm not so sure now.

I think that's the only reason he lasts all 4 games, to keep Brady and Mallet off the field and to see if Tebow can give you anything.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers need that time. If we had veteran receivers I wouldn't be as upset about him being here (I'd still want him gone), but I don't think we can sacrifice the time with all the young bodies on offense. We should have Mallett playing a lot of snaps and getting people the actual feel of the offense.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers need that time. If we had veteran receivers I wouldn't be as upset about him being here (I'd still want him gone), but I don't think we can sacrifice the time with all the young bodies on offense. We should have Mallett playing a lot of snaps and getting people the actual feel of the offense.

They definitely need the reps with Brady (I question the value of their reps with Mallett in terms of getting on the same page - Mallett is more like Brady than Tebow is, but he's still not Brady and won't have the exact same expectations). But they also just need reps period. Having guys throw passes to them is great, whoever it may be, and there's only so much Tom Brady time to go around.

I don't think Tebow is hurting them in terms of practice, I just don't think he belongs on the team long-term and they should plan accordingly.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett gets them a lot more catchable balls. Of course he's not Brady, but I would rather have them running the same offense and maybe adjust to the ball slightly more than what they ran with Tebow and get a handful of balls in their area.