• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow

Oh shit a poll option. Cut Tebow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett looked a hell of a lot better than Tebow did. Mallett missed some throws and showed some clear rust, but they weren't bad misses, the decisions were right, and his pocket presence was pretty good. He was getting into a decent rhythm when he got knocked out.

Every single thing Tebow did was an embarrassment to the sport.

Make sure to re-post that if Tebow makes the team...mail it to BB too because he needs your help.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays like that again and makes the team I will be shocked. He did nothing to dispute my claim that he is worse than any QB on any roster in the NFL. He was still the worst QB in the game when Philly was running their fifth QB, and it wasn't close.

I maintain that if Belichick can make Tebow worth anything, he is unarguably the greatest coach ever, and would be legitimately in the discussion with a coach that went 100-0 with the appropriate number of Super Bowls in their first 100 games as a coach. That's how bad Tebow is.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow has never been or will ever be a good quarterback. He is still a good football player and if he gets used properly, he will help New England this year. I was at Jacksonville watching Tebow and Mathew Stafford on the same field. The difference in talent was shocking. Florida easily won that game, but as mentioned above, the rest of Florida was pretty good. In college, Tebow picked up a lot of 3rd and short by running the ball. Doesn't work that way in the pros. IMO, Tebow will make a good blocking back who can catch short passes from Brady. You old Dolphin fans will remember Jim Kick and how doing just that made a very good Dolphin team better. I think Coach Belichick is a great coach and will keep Tebow around.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow has never been or will ever be a good quarterback. He is still a good football player and if he gets used properly, he will help New England this year. I was at Jacksonville watching Tebow and Mathew Stafford on the same field. The difference in talent was shocking. Florida easily won that game, but as mentioned above, the rest of Florida was pretty good. In college, Tebow picked up a lot of 3rd and short by running the ball. Doesn't work that way in the pros. IMO, Tebow will make a good blocking back who can catch short passes from Brady. You old Dolphin fans will remember Jim Kick and how doing just that made a very good Dolphin team better. I think Coach Belichick is a great coach and will keep Tebow around.

We have better blocking backs. Tebow isn't a particularly good blocker, and he isn't a particularly good athlete as far as skill positions go. He's not worth a spot. We are not desperate in any way on the offensive side of the ball.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this...the very first time I saw Sanchez play I said he was soft and Jets fans went crazy but over time he's shown he's exactly that. That's what Mallett is making me think...SOFT. I hope I'm wrong. All I know is you need to be tough to play QB in the NFL and you can't go to the bench on a Belichick team if you take a hit to the chest. If it continues...Tebow's chances go up.

I was ecstatic when the Pats drafted Mallett because he has an NFL arm and while Tebow may never have an average arm, I don't think the Pats are done working on it just yet. I definitely see improvement in Tebow's delivery over his Broncos days but if it's peaked we'll find out soon enough.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett stood in the pocket and completed the pass with pressure obviously coming. I don't think you can fault him for not taking a risk on a head injury in a preseason game.

As for there being a chance Tebow beats him out, he only does so if he does so tonya Harding style. He has no chance whatsoever in a fair competition.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett stood in the pocket and completed the pass with pressure obviously coming. I don't think you can fault him for not taking a risk on a head injury in a preseason game.

As for there being a chance Tebow beats him out, he only does so if he does so tonya Harding style. He has no chance whatsoever in a fair competition.

I guess you missed the Mallett throws I saw...behind, too high, too long, a dump off in the dirt before a hit, etc. He was 9-18 for 97 yards and overthrew a wide open Boyce for a sure TD. Mallett was not hit in the head by the way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one in the dirt was a smart play. Mallett missed, but missed close. Nothing was really more than 6 inches to a foot off target. That's not the same as missing Dobson by nearly ten feet, having a clean pocket with multiple open receivers and holding it until you have to run scared, and being outplayed by the eagles fifth QB option.

If Tebow is turned into a viable backup Belichick is a fucking genius.

And the announcers said it was a head injury; I'm bound to trust them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Tebow as a person, he's easy to root for and had a nice run in Denver. But watching the game last night, I think its time for him to slide into an analyst or studio gig for the next 30 years. Mallet missed some throws, but theres no question he has an NFL arm. Tebow was missing guys who were wide open, I mean WIDE open, and throwing them into the dirt. He will never be able to run NE's offense, and the best he could possibly hope for is that a team that runs a ton of read option would bring him in to be a 2nd or 3rd string guy, maybe SF or Seattle

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one in the dirt was a smart play. Mallett missed, but missed close. Nothing was really more than 6 inches to a foot off target. That's not the same as missing Dobson by nearly ten feet, having a clean pocket with multiple open receivers and holding it until you have to run scared, and being outplayed by the eagles fifth QB option.

If Tebow is turned into a viable backup Belichick is a fucking genius.

And the announcers said it was a head injury; I'm bound to trust them.

This will be the last post to you about this since you don't see the game the way it really happens...

What a beautiful thing a DVR is...under pressure Mallett threw the ball into the dirt in front of a wide open Thompkins in the flat. If you think throwing a ball into the dirt in front of a wide open receiver is a smart play...there's no point discussing it. Later.

Mallett was hit in the chest...the back of his head hit the turf when he went down. Stuff like that that happens several times a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we are thinking of a different play and I somehow missed that one. But I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with the statement that Mallett looked like an NFL caliber player and Tebow looked like Belichick was doing him some kind of favor by allowing him on the field.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we are thinking of a different play and I somehow missed that one. But I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with the statement that Mallett looked like an NFL caliber player and Tebow looked like Belichick was doing him some kind of favor by allowing him on the field.

I feel it is my duty to inform you Sanchez has a strong arm too and was 10-13 for 125 yds last night. While Mallett was 9-18 for 97 yds. Do you want Sanchez to QB the Pats? Sanchez threw an errant pass under pressure too last night that Ansah had a pick six on. Mallett also threw another errant pass to Will Svitek under pressure when Vereen was a few yards in front of Svitek...he's an OT by the way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Sanchez over Tebow without hesitation.

I have not seen a worse performance than Tebow put up yesterday by anyone but Tebow in other games, and he was playing their scrubs for most of the night.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tebow will make the roster, but not solely a QB. If he didnt have some versatility he would have never been picked up in the first place. While I am not as optimistic to call him the Patriots secret weapon, I do think he will be able to make the 53 man roster, but he is certainly on the bubble.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't do anything else better than other people on the roster. Shall I go position by position?

QB - we've seen what he can do
RB - wouldn't beat out bolden, who's pretty clearly the fourth option
FB - not a better blocker and likely not a better receiver than Hoomanawanui, who is the front runner to fill this role.
TE - behind Ballard, fells, Hoomanawanui, Sudfeld, and gronkowski once he is healthy.
OL - lol

Where do you want him? Defense?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how Tebow can throw for all those yards in college but once he gets to the NFL it is all downhill.

Florida produces QBs that flourish in their system but fail miserably in the NFL. Tebow is a less successful Rex Grossman

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida produces QBs that flourish in their system but fail miserably in the NFL. Tebow is a less successful Rex Grossman

That's true and there is a reason for that. College football is very different than the pros and drop-back slow moving quarterbacks generally don't do well in the SEC. In the pros, every player is excellent and the quarterback MUST have a great arm. In college each team has a select few who can control a game and a quarterback who can run puts a lot of pressure on the defense. When guys like Brantley and Grossman come along, Florida does not do well.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM...

I just watched some more of the game and Mallett was sandwiched on the hit that knocked him out of the game. The inside rusher's helmet slid up into his chin. It was hard to see because the outside rusher blocked the other player from the camera's view but you can definitely see the helmet ride up into his chin. You can see Mallett working his jaw on the way off the field too.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. It's good news and makes me think he's not as soft as it looked.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have made it back fairly quickly if we were down Brady and in a real game. I'm sure that the fact that it is preseason affected that decision making. They know more or less what they have in Mallett anyways.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have made it back fairly quickly if we were down Brady and in a real game. I'm sure that the fact that it is preseason affected that decision making. They know more or less what they have in Mallett anyways.
I think this ^ I'll bet Mallett could have returned, but why would you take the risk in a preseason game?