• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team USA Olympic Basketball

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop's team is nowhere near as talented as Coach K's teams. But that's not a factor is it?

Let’s be real though.

Talent isn’t why this team is struggling.

Tough for any coach to assemble a group like this on the fly. K, Pop, John Wooden, whoever.

I really think it is the USA basketball system that needs to be revamped.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I am rooting for the Australians, thanks in part to my love for Matisse Thybulle.

Dude's out there doing Thybulle type things, 5 steals in his first Olympics game. Huge addition for that Boomers squad in terms of athleticism and defensive prowess on the wing. He's totally given them a different dimension.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the US team, they need to rethink how they select guys for the national team, because they need some glue guys on this team, they are just not getting it done in terms of team defense right now with these offensive-minded shooters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be real though.

Talent isn’t why this team is struggling.

Tough for any coach to assemble a group like this on the fly. K, Pop, John Wooden, whoever.

I really think it is the USA basketball system that needs to be revamped.

Damn good point. But there's no question this version of Team USA isn't as talented as others in the past.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t watched more than a couple minutes, it just isn’t the same. This team sucks anyway, so embarrassing. KD should be embarrassed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good point. But there's no question this version of Team USA isn't as talented as others in the past.

No it isn’t.

But it is definitely more talented than the teams they are losing to.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t watched more than a couple minutes, it just isn’t the same. This team sucks anyway, so embarrassing. KD should be embarrassed

To be fair, foul trouble did him in. Played only 20 minutes and was in serious foul trouble since the 2nd

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t.

Chemistry matters. Legler said it best. France looked like an organized team while USA did not

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t.

I agree with you. This team was thrown together. Teams from other countries have been play together for years. What's happening to Team USA right now is a great example of how chemistry can beat talent.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I am rooting for the Australians, thanks in part to my love for Matisse Thybulle.

Dude's out there doing Thybulle type things, 5 steals in his first Olympics game. Huge addition for that Boomers squad in terms of athleticism and defensive prowess on the wing. He's totally given them a different dimension.

If he survives the off season as a desired commodity in a trade to make the team better AND the Sixers have Danny Green walk I think it’s time to put Thybulle in with the starting group. He needs to continue to develop his shot but also stay on the floor in terms of not picking up cheap fouls with over aggression. It’s a fine line because it’s the aggression that makes him stand out but you can’t play 30 minutes when you foul the way he has his first two years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better not trade Tysse. I have decided that is one guy we cannot trade. His shot is slowly improving, to the point where he can be a starting 3 and d player, so long as we have some more creative offensive guys around him like Maxey. I would trade Simmons, Shake and some picks for Beal but try to hold on to the youngsters.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. This team was thrown together. Teams from other countries have been play together for years. What's happening to Team USA right now is a great example of how chemistry can beat talent.
Hasn't that always been the case though? Just throw together a "Dream Team" and the talent alone was able to smoke all of the other teams with better chemistry.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the talent in the rest of the world is better than ever.

It wasn’t that long ago that our college kids could dominate almost everybody else.

But yeah, chemistry matters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't that always been the case though? Just throw together a "Dream Team" and the talent alone was able to smoke all of the other teams with better chemistry.

Well, yeah.

Since ‘92 the rest of the world has gotten a lot better at basketball.

The Dream Team wouldn’t win every game by 40+ if they were playing today either.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better not trade Tysse. I have decided that is one guy we cannot trade. His shot is slowly improving, to the point where he can be a starting 3 and d player, so long as we have some more creative offensive guys around him like Maxey. I would trade Simmons, Shake and some picks for Beal but try to hold on to the youngsters.
Nobody wants Shake. He’s had his chances and he’s too inconsistent. He’s also horrible as a defender. In a perfect world you want to hold on to Maxey and Thybulle. But you can’t if you want to improve the roster by adding a Beal or Dame. You’re going to have to say goodbye to at least one of them. For me, in assessing a swap of Simmons for Dame or Beal you’re going to lose a ton of defense, making Thybulle the more valuable guy between him and Maxey going forward. At the same time, if it takes both guys to get Dame or Beal here to pair with Embiid you do it. And it’s not even a second thought. Sixers will idle in a state of almost good enough until they pair can pair Embiid properly with an All Star guard that can get his own shot and average 25+ PPG

Edit: my bad in hijacking the thread to talk Sixers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's really the case why didn't Team USA win gold in '04? And for me there's only one Dream Team. All others after '92 are Team USA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the talent in the rest of the world is better than ever.

It wasn’t that long ago that our college kids could dominate almost everybody else.

But yeah, chemistry matters.

The talent gap between Team USA and the rest of the world is smaller today that it's ever been.