• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU Gary Patterson on difference between Texas and Texas A&M

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welpst, one Aggie claimed that Aggies always have high expectations for their team, and the rest of you are middling to weak.

So, was that Ag wrong, or am i misinterpreting y'all?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the big12 was better than the year before that. Your best team the year before that was in the cotton bowl, and we all remember how that went.

Ummm, no. KSU was the best team in the Big 12 in '12 and played in the Fiesta Bowl. Not sure why you Aggys seem to think '12 OU was such an awesome team. That OU squad was an ass hair away from 5 losses. Okie jr, WVU and Baylor raped OU's defense much worse than what Aggy did.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You t-sips sure do have an issue with turning what one person says into " every sheepfucking aggy I evar known says..."

interesting response.....perhaps reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't we heard this talk before? Oh yah, it was Tommy Bowden at Clemson in 2006 mouthing off about Spurrier getting a raise.

Bowden quipped ...."it's amazing how this thing works because I'm at a place where seven [wins] gets you fired. He's at a place where seven gets you a raise."

Spurrier responded, "If Tommy Bowden wants a raise, he can just ask his AD and president if he's as good a coach as Mark Richt, and me, and Fulmer and Tuberville and those other guys. That's the only reason I got a raise. They think I'm that good a coach."

We all know how that has worked out for Bowden and Swinney.

Spurrier has been as South Carolina since 2005.
Clemson is 79-39 for a winning percentage of 0.669 compared to South Carolina which is 77-39 for a winning percentage of 0.664. So Dabo and Tommy played two more and won two more games than Spurrier overall.

But against teams with winning D1A records Clemson is 38-37 (or 0.507) while Spurrier is 41-36 (or 0.532).

Against AP ranked teams Clemson is 10-22 (or 0.312) while Spurrier is 18-25 (or 0.419).
And against AP Top 10 ranked teams Clemson is 0-10 (or 0.000) while Spurrier is 7-13 (or 0.350).
Finally, Clemson is 3-6 vs South Carolina.

A similar situation has playing out in Texas. Over the past 2 seasons
Texas A&M was (20-6)--0.769 while playing 5 AP Top 10 teams and 10 AP ranked teams(4-6) (all 6 losses were to ranked teams). Only 7 teams have won more games vs AP ranked teams than Texas A&M.
Texas was (17-9)--0.654 while playing 2 AP Top 10 teams and 7 AP ranked teams(2-5) (5 of the nine losses were to ranked teams and 4 were to unranked teams).
TCU was (11-14)--0.440 while playing 1 AP Top 10 team and 7 AP ranked teams(1-6) (6 of the 14 losses were to ranked teams and 8 were to unranked teams).

Sumlin will be at Texas A&M long after Patterson is gone from TCU.

Regarding Aggy winning 20 games the last 2 years, take away 6 of those wins; those were weak as fuck FCS schools......

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, really? How did a ref save his job?

Rustling jimmies...and it worked. You sips were ready to give Mack the hook in 2011until a BS PI call paved the way for the only notable highlight in Derp's career. If tu lost that game Mack would have gotten the boot and we might have kept Sleepy Sherm around...turned out good for us.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, no. KSU was the best team in the Big 12 in '12 and played in the Fiesta Bowl. Not sure why you Aggys seem to think '12 OU was such an awesome team. That OU squad was an ass hair away from 5 losses. Okie jr, WVU and Baylor raped OU's defense much worse than what Aggy did.

Ah, that's right. KSU got raped that year in the Fiesta when OU got raped by A&M. Still doesn't mean I'm incorrect in saying last years big12 was better than 2012

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rustling jimmies...and it worked. You sips were ready to give Mack the hook in 2011until a BS PI call paved the way for the only notable highlight in Derp's career. If tu lost that game Mack would have gotten the boot and we might have kept Sleepy Sherm around...turned out good for us.

LOL.

First, it wasn't a PI call, it was a personal foul for contact to the helmet.....of which there is no debate, he DID hit him in the helmet after the play was over.

The refs could have let it slide......but it was a legit call. Maybe if A&M had decided to play some defense it wouldn't have mattered, since the play resulted in a Texas first down at their own 30, still a looooong way from scoring position.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting response.....perhaps reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours.

Did you not take what ONE said and turn it into "If it's one thing a LOT of you aggys are good for"?

It's a pattern with you guys. Take one comment you hear, and from then on it's "every aggie" or "every SEC fan" or "every NU fan" from then on.

I don't think my reading comprehension is the problem here.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but somehow our bottom teams beat you. :noidea:

Meh, Texas dropped 66 pts on Ole Miss in Oxford the year before (I don't recall you sucking off Ole Miss after that game on this board, btw), would have been 80 had Mack not called off the dogs. Ole Miss was lucky Ash didn't play this year b/c Ash had his best game of his career against Ole Miss the year before and would have slaughtered their secondary with ease again had he played.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Aggy winning 20 games the last 2 years, take away 6 of those wins; those were weak as fuck FCS schools......

Fine, take away all of your big12 conference wins against anyone not Baylor or OU. Those schools are mostly weak as fuck too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Texas dropped 66 pts on Ole Miss in Oxford the year before (I don't recall you sucking off Ole Miss after that game on this board, btw), would have been 80 had Mack not called off the dogs. Ole Miss was lucky Ash didn't play this year b/c Ash had his best game of his career against Ole Miss the year before and would have slaughtered their secondary with ease again had he played.

When the argument fails, dig deeper. Kudos. :rollseyes:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not take what ONE said and turn it into "If it's one thing a LOT of you aggys are good for"?

It's a pattern with you guys. Take one comment you hear, and from then on it's "every aggie" or "every SEC fan" or "every NU fan" from then on.

I don't think my reading comprehension is the problem here.

Yes, it clearly is.

A LOT does not equal "every Aggy"

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

First, it wasn't a PI call, it was a personal foul for contact to the helmet.....of which there is no debate, he DID hit him in the helmet after the play was over.

The refs could have let it slide......but it was a legit call. Maybe if A&M had decided to play some defense it wouldn't have mattered, since the play resulted in a Texas first down at their own 30, still a looooong way from scoring position.

1-10 from the 30 vs 3rd and a mile...any way. The end result was that the call probably saved Macks neck. Tu was horrible that year. Sleepy didn't do much to keep us from losing but not only was that the last game of the rivalry but it was two coaches with their jobs on the line.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-10 from the 30 vs 3rd and a mile...any way. The end result was that the call probably saved Macks neck. Tu was horrible that year. Sleepy didn't do much to keep us from losing but not only was that the last game of the rivalry but it was two coaches with their jibs on the line.

I'll agree that it probably saved his job. But the call wasn't nearly as bad as Aggys have blown it up to be, especially after all the calls that went their way in that game.

Aggy should have won by double digits, and failed in the most spectacular fashion at home. I imagine that didn't go over too well with the AD and regents for Sherm

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the argument fails, dig deeper. Kudos. :rollseyes:

Nah, just pointing out you weren't on this board sniffing Ole Miss's sack after we played them in '12. You have their ballsack deep in your mouth right now b/c they did something last year lil bro couldn't do the last time we played. If you're going to be an SEC teabagger, you gotta do it full time......

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that it probably saved his job. But the call wasn't nearly as bad as Aggys have blown it up to be, especially after all the calls that went their way in that game.

Aggy should have won by double digits, and failed in the most spectacular fashion at home. I imagine that didn't go over too well with the AD and regents for Sherm

Honestly, I think they had Sherms walking papers filled out after the piggies curb stomped them at Jerry world. The had the signed and stamped after the KSU melt down. Losing to tu helped get the fan base behind them.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, take away all of your big12 conference wins against anyone not Baylor or OU. Those schools are mostly weak as fuck too.

LOL, aren't you talking about those same weak as fuck Big 12 teams who used to whip Aggy? Still trying to figure out Aggy logic when these dumbasses call the Big 12 weak when it was a fact Aggy couldn't even compete in this conference.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, aren't you talking about those same weak as fuck Big 12 teams who used to whip Aggy? Still trying to figure out Aggy logic when these dumbasses call the Big 12 weak when it was a fact Aggy couldn't even compete in this conference.

Mizzou didn't compete in this conference either, in ANY sport