• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC 2023 thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not the answer and cannot stay healthy.
This was well documented in the offseason.
You may be right but maybe it is a bit of a strain and some time off it and he heals. All signs pointed to him having a good camp until then.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the OLine not given priority then by the front office? You and I are aligned but I want to hear from the other side on this.

How are we supposed to sneak into the playoffs with a substandard OLine?

Asking for a friend.
Who is the other side? The FO? .... writers? .... forum posters?

Who shouldn't they have drafted? The 1st round pick was always going to be a CB and appears to be a straight up stud?

I would have gone OL in the 2nd but it looks like they got a quality player. They brought in two FA OLineman?

Of course we all know the OLine is a question mark .... there is still a chance it is better than last year. I guess I am trying to figure out who they shouldn't have drafted or signed compared to who you think they should have signed.

We know Howell is stall a question mark as well as the Oline. I think they age going to run more than we know until the season gets here. I think they are going to use short passes and Howell's athleticism and I think is going to be better than last year. But we all said this was a transitional year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I my complaint isnt so much manny and quan the individual players , both should be solid pros , but i hate passing on a JMS , or torrence and even dawand jones (round 3 ) and doubling down on a top 7 rated secondary with 2 more guys . now we have them and its done and over with but if we cant protect our young qb we wont win much . even JB needs protection
One of the interesting points this year will be how does the OLine and the DBs contribute to the team.

I have agreed that I thought they would go OL in the 2nd round. I liked the guys you mentioned but was one of them going to raise the Oline to a top 10 OLine? All we can do is watch it play out on the field.

I have said this before .... until they start playing real football I am not going to get excited about what some writers saying in practice. The Dline has the advantage right now. That doesn't keep me from being concerned though. :2cents:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the other side? The FO? .... writers? .... forum posters?

Who shouldn't they have drafted? The 1st round pick was always going to be a CB and appears to be a straight up stud?

I would have gone OL in the 2nd but it looks like they got a quality player. They brought in two FA OLineman?

Of course we all know the OLine is a question mark .... there is still a chance it is better than last year. I guess I am trying to figure out who they shouldn't have drafted or signed compared to who you think they should have signed.

We know Howell is stall a question mark as well as the Oline. I think they age going to run more than we know until the season gets here. I think they are going to use short passes and Howell's athleticism and I think is going to be better than last year. But we all said this was a transitional year.
You know who I meant. He who shall not be named and his cohorts.

Remember, we are close to contending and should go place bets now. That crowd.

I said at least a handful of times what we should have done and you are not going to convince me I am wrong. Like you said about the name redskins, i have made up my mind and not interested in debating about it. I am not sure what the point of your response was.

I listed numerous guards who could have been signed. Nate davis comes to mind and would have been a great signing. For the first round, I would have traded back and grabbed the best OLineman on the board.

I am not interested in collecting talent in the secondary at the expense of the OLine. Forbes could be good, but as an sec fan and game watcher, he wasn't the best sec cb as some have said. I am not going to start hyping him up just because we drafted him. Like I said, I am more of a malcontent than chiller is.

The front office had 1 job to do and one only...and they didn't. Wylie could be good, but there were red flags from last year. Gates was OK at center last year. We have no idea who will play LG...we don't. We needed an upgrade at LT, but that didnt happen. I have said this a million times and quite frankly, tired of repeating it. You dont continue to add strength to strength and do the bare minimum to areas of weakness. The OLine is critical but the front office doesn't see it that way.

The lack of strategy with the offense will probably be what gets Rivera fired. I am not interested in talking about how many wins Rivera must hit to stay here. I am not going to argue with the crowd that believes we are a qb away from competing. It's a waste of my time. I have literally had the same argument for the past 5+ years with the same crowd.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the interesting points this year will be how does the OLine and the DBs contribute to the team.

I have agreed that I thought they would go OL in the 2nd round. I liked the guys you mentioned but was one of them going to raise the Oline to a top 10 OLine? All we can do is watch it play out on the field.

I have said this before .... until they start playing real football I am not going to get excited about what some writers saying in practice. The Dline has the advantage right now. That doesn't keep me from being concerned though. :2cents:
I don’t need a top 10 o/line we can win with middle of the pack . Last yr we were in the 30’s

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like some athletes can't shake the injury bug once they hit 30.
That may well be true but maybe it's a calf strain and he gets over it. He is at that age. But before it was a knee on a dirty hit.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who I meant. He who shall not be named and his cohorts.

Remember, we are close to contending and should go place bets now. That crowd.

I said at least a handful of times what we should have done and you are not going to convince me I am wrong. Like you said about the name redskins, i have made up my mind and not interested in debating about it. I am not sure what the point of your response was.

I listed numerous guards who could have been signed. Nate davis comes to mind and would have been a great signing. For the first round, I would have traded back and grabbed the best OLineman on the board.

I am not interested in collecting talent in the secondary at the expense of the OLine. Forbes could be good, but as an sec fan and game watcher, he wasn't the best sec cb as some have said. I am not going to start hyping him up just because we drafted him. Like I said, I am more of a malcontent than chiller is.

The front office had 1 job to do and one only...and they didn't. Wylie could be good, but there were red flags from last year. Gates was OK at center last year. We have no idea who will play LG...we don't. We needed an upgrade at LT, but that didnt happen. I have said this a million times and quite frankly, tired of repeating it. You dont continue to add strength to strength and do the bare minimum to areas of weakness. The OLine is critical but the front office doesn't see it that way.

The lack of strategy with the offense will probably be what gets Rivera fired. I am not interested in talking about how many wins Rivera must hit to stay here. I am not going to argue with the crowd that believes we are a qb away from competing. It's a waste of my time. I have literally had the same argument for the past 5+ years with the same crowd.
You are in the wrong place if you don't like to debate.

As for that other person I have told you many times I pay no attention.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t need a top 10 o/line we can win with middle of the pack . Last yr we were in the 30’s
Possibly, still need to see how Sam performs. I am just taking the wait until it is a real game approach.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in the wrong place if you don't like to debate.

As for that other person I have told you many times I pay no attention.
Then why do you continue to ask who I am referring to?

We have had these types of discussions numerous times. The answer is always the same.

If I am addressing you, I am 100% positive, I start by saying Sportster.

If not, it is probably the PollyAnna crew..just like in this case.

Yea, you are correct, this is probably the wrong place for me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do you continue to ask who I am referring to?

We have had these types of discussions numerous times. The answer is always the same.

If I am addressing you, I am 100% positive, I start by saying Sportster.

If not, it is probably the PollyAnna crew..just like in this case.

Yea, you are correct, this is probably the wrong place for me.
Because you use a generality. I wasn't worried whether it was me or not. I could care less. I am always going to be me and you'll be you. But when you use general terms it could be anyone and I asked that question.

If you want people that only agree with you your kind of screwed.

As you know I think the world of dad, we don't always agree. That's okay. He doesn't come on and question why I am replying differently.

I don't think it is the wrong place for you. I think you are a valuable contributor. Everyone doesn't have to agree with just as they don't all have to agree with me. Relax man.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you use a generality. I wasn't worried whether it was me or not. I could care less. I am always going to be me and you'll be you. But when you use general terms it could be anyone and I asked that question.

If you want people that only agree with you your kind of screwed.

As you know I think the world of dad, we don't always agree. That's okay. He doesn't come on and question why I am replying differently.

I don't think it is the wrong place for you. I think you are a valuable contributor. Everyone doesn't have to agree with just as they don't all have to agree with me. Relax man.
You had the perfect chance to say lighten up francis..lol.

I like to talk military history, movies, college football, and redskins history with you. I only get heated and argue with the Sunshine and Rainbows posters. I speak in generalities to keep the peace with those gentlemen, but even i lose patience every once in a while.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

heck we just signed brooks and we broke him already !