• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC 2023 thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but I still don't get how no one understands what they are trying to accomplish at LBer.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most knowledgeable football fans understand what we are trying to accomplish defensively with the zone match scheme. My comment was directed at the OL specifically but pointing out what i believe are the 2 weakest units on the team. We could have addressed OL in rounds 1 or 2 but instead went DB, DB. Speaking to the OL, I don't have to tell anyone here our OL is suspect because it is. I wouldn't have minded adding C/G Ben Jones to the mix. As for LB, we have Barton and Davis while using a safety in Hudson as the Buffalo at times. Not very inspiring if Barton or Davis get hurt and you get Mayo or Eifert up next. Perhaps adding a FA better than Barton or Davis would have helped this unit more but as it stands the OL & LB talent are the weakest because they cannot match the DLine, secondary having added Martin & Forbes. The WR core is very solid as is the RB and TE groups. ST lead by Way is solid.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most knowledgeable football fans understand what we are trying to accomplish defensively with the zone match scheme. My comment was directed at the OL specifically but pointing out what i believe are the 2 weakest units on the team. We could have addressed OL in rounds 1 or 2 but instead went DB, DB. Speaking to the OL, I don't have to tell anyone here our OL is suspect because it is. I wouldn't have minded adding C/G Ben Jones to the mix. As for LB, we have Barton and Davis while using a safety in Hudson as the Buffalo at times. Not very inspiring if Barton or Davis get hurt and you get Mayo or Eifert up next. Perhaps adding a FA better than Barton or Davis would have helped this unit more but as it stands the OL & LB talent are the weakest because they cannot match the DLine, secondary having added Martin & Forbes. The WR core is very solid as is the RB and TE groups. ST lead by Way is solid.

I agree the interior oline has questions marks at both OG positions. If healthy Gates should be fine at center. We are ok at both OT's positions if they stay healthy. I think if one of the LB's get hurt Hudson will play Lb and we will have 5 Db's on the field. I think the 5th DB will be Martin. IMO MArtin will get alot of snaps this year.

They wanted to upgrade the secondary in the draft. Im happy they did b/c BSJ is injury prone, Fuller is a FA next year, and I dont want to see Wildgoose or D. Johnson in on important 3rd downs where we have to get off the field. Yes, the interior o-line is weak hopefully they can step up, but I agree that is a huge question this year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was not about the zone match defense. The reason there are so many DBs now is because one or two are essentially pllaying LBer in JDRs defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the interior oline has questions marks at both OG positions. If healthy Gates should be fine at center. We are ok at both OT's positions if they stay healthy. I think if one of the LB's get hurt Hudson will play Lb and we will have 5 Db's on the field. I think the 5th DB will be Martin. IMO MArtin will get alot of snaps this year.

They wanted to upgrade the secondary in the draft. Im happy they did b/c BSJ is injury prone, Fuller is a FA next year, and I dont want to see Wildgoose or D. Johnson in on important 3rd downs where we have to get off the field. Yes, the interior o-line is weak hopefully they can step up, but I agree that is a huge question this year.
oh come on , we drafted cbs to replace fuller a yr from now ? we could have picked up another in next years draft . we need o/line help . the 1st 2 days of camp we have seen an aging leno , who was just avg to begin with , getting beat with wylie not much better . we passed on some good o/lineman for a luxury pick .. i am not worried about the lbs as they arent a huge factor in the defense . we had a top 5 defense and johnson did very well when called upon

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a passing league, and thus the Commanders addressed a need in the draft in shoring up their secondary.

They believe that they shored up their oline by signing Gates and the KC fella right out of the gate in free agency.

Whether they did or did not remains to be seen.

The Commanders have tried to address the Oline every year in the draft by drafting at least one olinemen in most recent drafts.

It’s coaching.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
day 3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh come on , we drafted cbs to replace fuller a yr from now ? we could have picked up another in next years draft . we need o/line help . the 1st 2 days of camp we have seen an aging leno , who was just avg to begin with , getting beat with wylie not much better . we passed on some good o/lineman for a luxury pick .. i am not worried about the lbs as they arent a huge factor in the defense . we had a top 5 defense and johnson did very well when called upon

its not a main reason but one of them regarding fuller. BSJ has never played a full year. Plus, we lost McCain. The Georgia LT was gone before we picked and he wasn't high on our board if you remember. They had Forbes with a higher grade and were willing to give up a 4th to go get Forbes. Who was the luxury pick? Martin or Forbes? Both are needed IMO.

I see your point on the interior line, but Leno and Wylie (great game in Super Bowl) are serviceable. They are not the worst tackles in the league.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a main reason but one of them regarding fuller. BSJ has never played a full year. Plus, we lost McCain. The Georgia LT was gone before we picked and he wasn't high on our board if you remember. They had Forbes with a higher grade and were willing to give up a 4th to go get Forbes. Who was the luxury pick? Martin or Forbes? Both are needed IMO.

I see your point on the interior line, but Leno and Wylie (great game in Super Bowl) are serviceable. They are not the worst tackles in the league.
One yes both no , db was the stronger position

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One yes both no , db was the stronger position

There is no one on the roster who could do what Martin can do. Martin can play both Cb/S. He is a better athlete and player than Butler. If MCCann stayed I would agree with you, but we needed someone to take McCanns snaps and that should be Martin. Therefore, it's not a luxury pick b/c the player is needed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no one on the roster who could do what Martin can do. Martin can play both Cb/S. He is a better athlete and player than Butler. If MCCann stayed I would agree with you, but we needed someone to take McCanns snaps and that should be Martin.
We addressed that by drafting stick figure

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We addressed that by drafting stick figure

Forbes is not playing S or slot, they said he will be outside. Martin is needed not a luxury pick

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes is not playing S or slot, they said he will be outside.
How foolish are you ? BSG In the slot as he is playing now and butler takes the test of the snaps . Butler is every bit the athlete quan is by the way