• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC 2023 thread

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want a traditional GM or a coach/GM duo?

Or do you want a coach centric model?
I don't want my coach to be Gm.. I don't want my Gm going rogue signing players that coach don't want .. I don't want my coach telling scouts and Player Personal who is good etc etc .. I want a Ozzie Newsome type/style front office whatever that is

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a Machine as a front office not failed rejects what has Mayhew ever built I want a front office that does not over think it .. Example would be Ci ci Lamb is a FA. We have scary Terry and Dotson I don't want a FO say oh that's good enough I want to be Rams ,Ravens, 9ers FO

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a Machine as a front office not failed rejects what has Mayhew ever built I want a front office that does not over think it .. Example would be Ci ci Lamb is a FA. We have scary Terry and Dotson I don't want a FO say oh that's good enough I want to be Rams ,Ravens, 9ers FO
Well Mayhew is just a yes man to Rivera. The draft day clip proved that. He told eli wolf that he will "have to check with the coach".
I cant understand how anyone can support that type of front office to be honest.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Mayhew is just a yes man to Rivera. The draft day clip proved that. He told eli wolf that he will "have to check with the coach".
I cant understand how anyone can support that type of front office to be honest.

Then you don’t understand the correct way to do things. If a general does not at least consult with his officers, he doesn’t have all the information to make a good decision.

To put it in more football terms, if the GM doesn’t consult with the coach about a player, then he GM may be trying to fit a square block into a circular hole. Perhaps the OL is really good in a ZBS but the coach is employing a power scheme, if the GM does not consult the HC, then the player and the coach are being put into a bad position.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don’t understand the correct way to do things. If a general does not at least consult with his officers, he doesn’t have all the information to make a good decision.

To put it in more football terms, if the GM doesn’t consult with the coach about a player, then he GM may be trying to fit a square block into a circular hole. Perhaps the OL is really good in a ZBS but the coach is employing a power scheme, if the GM does not consult tRivera. Perthen the player and the coach are being put into a bad position.
What are you talking about? Did you even bother to listen to the audio feed that I referenced?

In this example, it had nothing to do with a player or scheme. It had to do with a draft package in order to move up possibly in the draft. A head coach should not be the final authority on draft packages to move up or back in to draft. Mayhew doesn't have the final authority on this, Rivera does which bothers me. A coach should be brought in the loop, but they should not be three final sign off on draft compensation. It's. It's not their job.

A coach should be consulted, but they should not be the final authority on player decisions, draft compensation, contract amount and length, etc. We had tried this here in WSH and the results have been crap.

Mayhew is not a real GM and simply carries out administrative duties that Rivera assigns him. It doesn't work. Coaches coach and GMs build the team. There is clear coordination, but draft package compensation is and should be the day of the GM. I can't help you if you don't understand that Rivera should not be a GM in the league. Perhaps you are a fan of the coach centric model. I am not for a million reasons.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the owner has to set the vision , he hires the team president that embraces that vision , the GM is hired to get the HC who is on board with that vision and when its done that way everyone should be on the same sheet of music and it limits conflict

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i figured they had to be closed

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1690127461994.png

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the owner has to set the vision , he hires the team president that embraces that vision , the GM is hired to get the HC who is on board with that vision and when its done that way everyone should be on the same sheet of music and it limits conflict
The coach centric model has proven to be the death of many coaches. Holgreen, Kelly, and Shanahan come to mind. Coaches seem to have this itch to be GMs as well. Historically speaking, it doesn't work as in our case.

As you said, there needs to be a president, GM, or president/GM combo, and a coach. Having 1 man serve as all 3 makes no sense to me. My guess is that Snyder offered Rivera full control as dallas was apparently looking to hire him allegedly. Rivera literally had no front office experience when he took over. He immediately surrounded himself with Carolina rejects who had gotten him fired and contributed to building one of the worst teams in football. We were doomed from the start. To me, it was common sense and got verified with Carolina fans confirmed Rivera had zero front office experience while in CAR. Apparently, some folks here think this set up is effective and we should expect different results than we have in the past 3 years. These results have been predictable and could have been avoided.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think with Josh and Magic we will get better FA ??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think with Josh and Magic we will get better FA ??
The potential to be better is there . I think the owner has to outline his vision , get his guys he wants to implement it, and then we will see if it’s better .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That question hurts. How about we grow our own? How about do you guys think we will get better drafting?
I think the same thing applies as I said to FA , the new owners have to communicate their vision and hire the people who share that vision . Then you will see

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we drafted 2 DES , Jones could move to LB

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Philadelphia Eagles have built the best offensive line football by blending two Pro Football Hall of Fame caliber vets (Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson) with young All-Pro caliber players (Landon Dickerson and Jordan Mailata) HURTS is a very good qb bordering on elite . he has a great o/line in place and one reason why i dont think we are just a qb away. . our line play is pathetic until proven otherwise . We have the worst o/line in the division

we have the 3rd worst TE group in the division . we have the best wr group but the eagles are close behind , RBS are ranked 3rd , i would call that iffy but its close between the top 3

now good qb can overcome some of it but not all of it

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Philadelphia Eagles have built the best offensive line football by blending two Pro Football Hall of Fame caliber vets (Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson) with young All-Pro caliber players (Landon Dickerson and Jordan Mailata) HURTS is a very good qb bordering on elite . he has a great o/line in place and one reason why i dont think we are just a qb away. . our line play is pathetic until proven otherwise . We have the worst o/line in the division

we have the 3rd worst TE group in the division . we have the best wr group but the eagles are close behind , RBS are ranked 3rd , i would call that iffy but its close between the top 3

now good qb can overcome some of it but not all of it
Stop spreading lies and propaganda Skinsdad!