• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Martinez

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our cupboard was bare with Lee also. We could not put Cody in because he wasn't ready either and he got tired of watching mediocrity while he sat.
Now we have Carnes and you can tell by the look on his face Saturday he wasn't happy about sitting through the meltdown either.
At some point there has got to be a time when we have a backup that can play other wise we're just wasting schollies on players that will leave in a yer or two.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brasky.. play calling was not the issue on picks 1 and 3.

I believe play calling indirectly caused the first pick though, no? Call 5 pass plays in a row..........where the first 2 plays were penalties, and the 5th one was 3rd and a century........

That was just stupid. That does not suit Taylor at all.

The third pick was pretty dumb too..........figured we would just come out and re-establish the run to start the 2nd half......give ourselves a chance.......but nope, we throw on first down.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe play calling indirectly caused the first pick though, no? Call 5 pass plays in a row..........where the first 2 plays were penalties, and the 5th one was 3rd and a century........

The third pick was pretty dumb too..........figured we would just come out and re-establish the run to start the 2nd half......give ourselves a chance.......but nope, we throw on first down.

That's my point. I'm not trying to put all the blame on Beck for that game, but I think the game ends a little differently with some smarter play calling.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Beck was over thinking it there. There could be something to be said about having maturity as a play caller.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taylor's dumbass could just ran the ball or dumped it off, but he decided to throw at the LBer instead

I refuse to blame play calling fer that one.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Beck was over thinking it there. There could be something to be said about having maturity as a play caller.

Yea, I'm assuming he thought Wisconsin was expecting the run on first down and he thought he was gonna catch them off-guard.

To me though, we were probably not in position at that point to take a risk.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taylor's dumbass could just ran the ball or dumped it off, but he decided to throw at the LBer instead

I refuse to blame play calling fer that one.

How well are the coaches communicating on 3rd and long "don't force anything here"???

I honestly question that.

Yea a Senior QB would probably do something smart in that situation, but a second year starter is probably going to do something stupid.........depending on who it is, of course. Some QBs are 1st year starters and right away they grasp the concept of making smart plays..........but some just plain don't.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I did fill out an application when it was posted for offensive coordinator when Wats left. Apparently my vast experience coaching midget football and my prowlness with NCAA on the xbox didn't warrant a call back...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind............in the early 90's, Tommie Frazier was attempting on average 117 passes per season.........

Taylor Martinez has already attempted 107 passes through 5 games this season.

Now, I'm not saying we have the pieces in place to be like those teams from the early 90's.............but, if you want to form that identity, where you are a run first, pass second offense.............then you have to know when to pass the football and when not to. Especially when you have a QB like Taylor or Tommie who are not particularly good at throwing the football (Taylor even worse than Tommie).

Play action is where it's at............95% of his passes should be coming on play action. But the only way to do that is to run Rex left, run Rex right, run Rex up the gut, repeat..............then play action opens up, just like it did in the first 2 drives of the game against Wisconsin.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did fill out an application when it was posted for offensive coordinator when Wats left. Apparently my vast experience coaching midget football and my prowlness with NCAA on the xbox didn't warrant a call back...

rep

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can win out by using that formula above, and getting a little bit better on defense.........book it

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind............in the early 90's, Tommie Frazier was attempting on average 117 passes per season.........

Taylor Martinez has already attempted 107 passes through 5 games this season.

Now, I'm not saying we have the pieces in place to be like those teams from the early 90's.............but, if you want to form that identity, where you are a run first, pass second offense.............then you have to know when to pass the football and when not to. Especially when you have a QB like Taylor or Tommie who are not particularly good at throwing the football (Taylor even worse than Tommie).

Play action is where it's at............95% of his passes should be coming on play action. But the only way to do that is to run Rex left, run Rex right, run Rex up the gut, repeat..............then play action opens up, just like it did in the first 2 drives of the game against Wisconsin.

It just sucks to see Taylor not mature as a passer. You plug Russell Wilson into Nebraska's offense and I think it's even better than Wisconsins. I will hate to see the young receiver talent we have go to waste these next couple years if Taylor can't get better passing the ball. Enunwa, bell, and Turner could play anywhere IMO.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just sucks to see Taylor not mature as a passer. You plug Russell Wilson into Nebraska's offense and I think it's even better than Wisconsins. I will hate to see the young receiver talent we have go to waste these next couple years if Taylor can't get better passing. Enunwa, bell, and Turner could play anywhere IMO.

We would have a pretty decent offense. But I don't want to see us drop back and pass that much to be honest. I want to get back to the days of old, where we pounded the football and just punished defenses. We controlled the entire game doing that.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont understand all the hate after a game that pretty much everyone that wasnt a Husker fan knew that you guys would likely get clobbered in. I mean Martinez hasnt changed his throwing motion at all in the 2 years hes been there and he isnt going to start now so you cant expect him to beat quality opposition. I think the only game the Huskers ahve won vs a really good team in his tenure is the win last year over Mizzou and thats cuz the running game went off. It is just going to be more of the same this weekend and the rest of the year. Ohio States offense is putrid but their D is pretty stout, Id be shocked if the huskers score more than 17 this week and with how bad the D has been Im not sure that will be enough for you guys.

Another reason why Nebraska beat Missouri last year was because Missouri had just come off a huge win over OU the previous week. Missouri was flat for Nebraska.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of times it seems like scrambling qb's try to be a pocket passer when they need to just accept the fact that they should roll out of the pocket and run or throw it on the run.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont understand all the hate after a game that pretty much everyone that wasnt a Husker fan knew that you guys would likely get clobbered in. I mean Martinez hasnt changed his throwing motion at all in the 2 years hes been there and he isnt going to start now so you cant expect him to beat quality opposition. I think the only game the Huskers ahve won vs a really good team in his tenure is the win last year over Mizzou and thats cuz the running game went off. It is just going to be more of the same this weekend and the rest of the year. Ohio States offense is putrid but their D is pretty stout, Id be shocked if the huskers score more than 17 this week and with how bad the D has been Im not sure that will be enough for you guys.

If Beck goes into his robotic passing mode and Pelini doesn't overrule the guy, Nebraska will lose, but if the play calling actually suits Taylor's limited abilities as a QB, Nebraska will win by 10 points. I'll say 20-10.