• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Martinez

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a little bit of ownership from him. It might be my age but what I saw up there was a smart ass punk who was going to refuse any ownership for the fiasco that happened out there.

What I would of accepted was a little more, yeah I made some bad decisions. It's just different under the gun and I need to get better. Believe me I want to win these games worse than any fan.

Anything other than smart ass remarks after utter failure and the "I don't care what the fans think and I don't care what you think. You're gonna rip me anyway." If he's gonna be a crybaby about how people are hard on him then Pelini needs to keep him in the diaper changing room and don't let the media get near him.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we do train. We may never find out though. Unless Taylor gets badly injured I'm sure he'll play every single minute of every game through the 2013 season.

I see what your saying Ex. I am 100% confident that Bo puts our best guy on the field, in any position, right now that's Martinez.
This is Carnes second year, after redshirting last year, yet I still don't get how he can't figure out what Taylor seems to not be figuring out very well. That's all on the coaches, being that Taylor doesn't exactly seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. There is no substitute for live game action, and what little Brion gets is just mop up duty, if at all.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a little bit of ownership from him. It might be my age but what I saw up there was a smart ass punk who was going to refuse any ownership for the fiasco that happened out there.

What I would of accepted was a little more, yeah I made some bad decisions. It's just different under the gun and I need to get better. Believe me I want to win these games worse than any fan.

Anything other than smart ass remarks after utter failure and the "I don't care what the fans think and I don't care what you think. You're gonna rip me anyway." If he's gonna be a crybaby about how people are hard on him then Pelini needs to keep him in the diaper changing room and don't let the media get near him.

If that's the example of leadership that the rest of the team is to follow, we are in deep shit

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SecLand is correct. Accepting ownership when something goes wrong is a huge example of leadership. In fact:

Ten Basic Skills of Outstanding Leadership

-Integrity
-Vision/strategy
-Communication
-Relationships
-Persuasion
-Adaptability
-Teamwork
-Coaching and Development
-Decision-making
-Planning

Taylor possesses none of these.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get where you guys are getting this from......... Taylor said in the post-game presser that his interceptions were what caused the loss. The truth is, those interceptions alone were not the sole cause for the loss, but he took ownership for it right away.

Then in the Monday presser he said at least 5 times "I need to make better decisions." Again taking ownership for his mistakes. Finally he got pissed off when they wouldn't stop asking him why he sucks as a qb. So he smarted off. Who gives a shit?

If those douchefucks weren't so persistent about asking the same question repeatedly, then we would have never heard his smartass remark to begin with.

To me this more of an example of how us fans are whiny little bitches for nitpicking.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over the loss

Let's go huskers and believe in Taylor

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I am struggling to believe that Taylor is the right fit right now........but I'm no way gonna turn my back on a true Husker.

GO BIG RED!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying turning our back on him and kicking him to the curb or anything. Well maybe I did but I was pissed.
He is not making it as quarterback though and I believe that is effecting the whole team. When he melts down it seems to effect both sides of the ball. He needs to play another position. He is fast. I am sure they can find a spot for him where he can excel. Why try to pound a square peg into a round hole. That is what it seems like Bo is doing and he just went to get a bigger hammer.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to keep this toned down a bit... but I just have to say "To get an idea of some of his mental makeup... all you have to do is listen the question that was posed to him early in the interview whereby the reporter was leading him with an answer to his own question...

Taylors answer spoke volumes to me....

In his own words he stated the well articulated and well thought out answer of...

"Yea, what you said"...

I am afraid that too me... it appears like he has no idea what the hell he is doing on a play... except the initial option...

It appears he just memorizes things by repetition rather than understanding/reading the "D" sets.

patrick_star.jpg

Look guys... I am not trying to beat on the kid... but I am telling you... he has now played in enough games over the past two years to become comfortable with basic football instincts/QB instincts...

If he cannot shore up some of his (rookie mistakes) in this amount of time... then game over in my opinion.... He has only a few more starts with the last type of game performance before the fans lose the little faith they have in him now....

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to keep this toned down a bit... but I just have to say "To get an idea of some of his mental makeup... all you have to do is listen the question that was posed to him early in the interview whereby the reporter was leading him with an answer to his own question...

Taylors answer spoke volumes to me....

In his own words he stated the well articulated and well thought out answer of...

"Yea, what you said"...

I am afraid that too me... it appears like he has no idea what the hell he is doing on a play... except the initial option...

It appears he just memorizes things by repetition rather than understanding/reading the "D" sets.

patrick_star.jpg

I took that as the question pissed him off and his response was like "Whatever" or "if you say so"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we do know right now 100% for sure is that he doesn't be berry good at answering to the media en sech.

I am now getting pretty sure (but still not 100%) that he is not the future at qb.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took that as the question pissed him off and his response was like "Whatever" or "if you say so"

Nahh... go back and listen to easy questions from previous games on adjustments he made or what he seen in the opposing "D"... most qbs can give a blow by blow discription of a corner coming up, or seen their mike lb cheating up... or ???

He just don't sound like he has a clue?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand all the hate after a game that pretty much everyone that wasnt a Husker fan knew that you guys would likely get clobbered in. I mean Martinez hasnt changed his throwing motion at all in the 2 years hes been there and he isnt going to start now so you cant expect him to beat quality opposition. I think the only game the Huskers ahve won vs a really good team in his tenure is the win last year over Mizzou and thats cuz the running game went off. It is just going to be more of the same this weekend and the rest of the year. Ohio States offense is putrid but their D is pretty stout, Id be shocked if the huskers score more than 17 this week and with how bad the D has been Im not sure that will be enough for you guys.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Taylor. He's fast and has cool tattoos.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Taylor would grow and we would see improvement this year. One could argue he has regressed. Is it me or does he not look as fast this year? I just wish Carnes would get a bit more playing time so I could see what Bo does. Unfortunately our quarterback cupboard is bare and hopefully we will grab a few for this years class.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Taylor would grow and we would see improvement this year. One could argue he has regressed. Is it me or does he not look as fast this year? I just wish Carnes would get a bit more playing time so I could see what Bo does. Unfortunately our quarterback cupboard is bare and hopefully we will grab a few for this years class.

I think he's improved quite a bit. People keep forgetting he was being asked to do things he can't do very well. Taylor isn't calling the plays, Beck is. It falls on Beck to know Taylor isn't capable of flinging it down the field in 2 minutes to put points on the board.

The gameplan was perfect and it was working. Run the dang ball, play action out of it, pass only when absolutely necessary. Beck was calling pass plays when we didn't need to be passing.

People think Carnes can do a better job? Why don't they fill out an application for offensive coordinator at Nebraska. Unless you're in practice every day watching the two compete then you shouldn't talk about it.

I feel sad for people who are literally becoming a cliche. Calling for the back up QB when things go bad is so tacky and classless and played out.