• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate: "This O is a better fit for me"

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate: 'I think this offense is going to fit better for me'

It seems like common sense to me, as most WRs would rather play in an uptempo, more passer-friendly offense. But he makes some pretty solid remarks about what Lonbardi brings from N.O. and how he sees his true style of play working here.

“Here we have our rules, initially, to learn the offense, but at the end of the day you have to play football,” Tate said. “I think that’s what I do best. Just finding ways to get open.

“Although a route is supposed to be at 15 yards, sometimes you’re going to get pressed and your mental clock tells you to break it down to 12 (yards) and it’ll time up correctly. I’m a mental clock kind of guy.

"In some instances it’s going to be backyard football, find the hole and make a play, make a guy miss and go score with it. I see my game really fitting into this offense really well.”

I think with Stafford's ability to make plays when the initial play has broken down, he is going to find a lot of success here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can beat single coverage he's going to find a lot of success here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tate is going to be very good in the Lions offense, especially if he continues his trends of catching everything thrown his way and YAC.

It is why I think the Lions offense will still be one of the best if they wait a bit to get their 3rd WR or even use someone like Jeremy Ross, who is also good in the open field, in the 3rd WR spot.

I think with Tate -- it gives the Lions a lot of options, as he can play inside and outside. They can bring in Durham in red zone situations to give them a big target outside, or they can stick with whoever they draft in the 1st or one of the later rounds.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can bring in Durham in red zone situations to give them a big target outside, or they can stick with whoever they draft in the 1st or one of the later rounds.

Please God no. He is a big target who gets open but can not catch. I would have traded him and Pettigrew and a 4th to NO for Jimmy Graham.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can bring in Durham in red zone situations to give them a big target outside, or they can stick with whoever they draft in the 1st or one of the later rounds.
I don't think they even need to bring in Durham in the red zone. We have Pettigrew who has been solid there, and Fauria who was very reliable there last year. Couple that with CJ on the outside as well and Tate hitting the under routes along with a Bell or Bush, and Durham can sit his slow white ass on the bench gracias muy mucho.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham can sit his slow white ass on the bench gracias muy mucho.

Durham ran a 4.46 at the combine and 4.42 at his pro day. I'm not sure slow white ass is a good way to describe.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God no. He is a big target who gets open but can not catch. I would have traded him and Pettigrew and a 4th to NO for Jimmy Graham.

Yeah -- i'm sure the Saints would have done that deal in a heartbeat.:laugh3:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can beat single coverage he's going to find a lot of success here.

well that was an issue for us with not only him but our other WRs they had problems getting open especially against good corners. That was the reason why we lost to the cardinals Patrick peterson and Jerraud powers straight up punked our WRs. Now if he goes up against lesser corners like he did against the rams he can be productive. I just think that tate is a playmaker more than a stat stuffer getting him the ball was a problem at times but man once he did get the ball he made some highlight reel plays

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham ran a 4.46 at the combine and 4.42 at his pro day. I'm not sure slow white ass is a good way to describe.

He's football slow then. And speed is affected in other areas. He doesn't get off the line well IMO so he has a slow first step.

I stand by my assessment. ;) I still don't want him on the field over the others I mentioned.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was an issue for us with not only him but our other WRs they had problems getting open especially against good corners. That was the reason why we lost to the cardinals Patrick peterson and Jerraud powers straight up punked our WRs. Now if he goes up against lesser corners like he did against the rams he can be productive. I just think that tate is a playmaker more than a stat stuffer getting him the ball was a problem at times but man once he did get the ball he made some highlight reel plays

Tate saw #1 CB's a lot last season due to injuries. Only injuries will cause the same here. CJ will always see #1. Seattle also was forced to do much of the same as Detroit last season in playing a 4th and 5th WR as 2 or 3. Kearse is still developing and did what he could. Harvin, Rice, and Tate IMO would have seen different results. As will CJ, Tate and ??? just not Durham please.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they even need to bring in Durham in the red zone. We have Pettigrew who has been solid there, and Fauria who was very reliable there last year. Couple that with CJ on the outside as well and Tate hitting the under routes along with a Bell or Bush, and Durham can sit his slow white ass on the bench gracias muy mucho.

:agree: and to add, Lombardi should bring the ideas of Sean Payton of creating mismatches were extreme height is not needed. Hate to even say the name anymore, but Linehan's sets were very predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Awkward!

I can get on board with that. He definitely doesn't look like the smoothest WR in the NFL. I wouldn't call him slow though.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they dont go shotgun on 3rd and 1 all the time

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better fit? Depends on what his goals are.

Putting up better stats? Yes.

Putting another ring on his finger? ??

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better fit? Depends on what his goals are.

Putting up better stats? Yes.

Putting another ring on his finger? ??

Tate has his Super Bowl ring already -- it is about getting paid and putting up stats now.