• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tarvaris Jackson cut

Osprey 1984

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone say back-up???

To me, SEA is trying to make sure it has a viable insurance policy in the event that the QB gets hurt and chooses a backup with mobility and some starting experience to run the offense. I don't see how it would hurt to sign TJ. He's average...if he comes at a good price, you just scored a very quality backup.

It wouldn't hurt, but I think Quinn is good enough. TJack if he can come in at vet minimum. If not, I don't want to spend too much time here. I would much rather prospect a LEO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ look at 1 WR then run out of bounds? No lets just move on. Please.

Yes Quinn is not as good but TJ will never get any better than he was, At least Quinn has a chance to get better. it's not like he has EVER played on a good team.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it all comes down to having a guy in there that wouldn't force us to completely change our offensive scheme. In other words, if we're going to run an offense with elements of the read-option while Wilson is in there, I want to still be able to keep those elements in there with the backup, even though I don't expect the backup to run it as well as Wilson can and does. I'd want that transition to be as seamless as possible having a guy back there who is capable of running the same offense would go towards that goal. Our offense is at its best when we have the threat of the read-option for defenses to gameplan for and contend with. Taking that element away makes our offense less effective than it already would be with a backup QB and it gives opposing defenses less to think about and gameplan for.

Now, which backup option(s) do you guys think would fit that criteria?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! More...

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, TJ can run the same plays as Wilson, but just as important is the players on the team respect him.

The real hope is this debate proves to be worthless and Wilson plays in every game, but if he has any issues I think it's a slam dunk to put TJ in over Quinn.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, TJ can run the same plays as Wilson, but just as important is the players on the team respect him.

The real hope is this debate proves to be worthless and Wilson plays in every game, but if he has any issues I think it's a slam dunk to put TJ in over Quinn.

Good point about the respect from teammates. Playing with a torn pec for half the season when he was here probably didn't hurt in that area either. Having two quarterbacks who can run the same system with minimal variance and who both get respect from their teammates would be the ideal situation.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if he sticks or not. Carroll has brought in lots of guys and worked them out and let them go. Doubt we will learn who the BU is until preseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ says he's signing with the Seahawks.

I guess we'll see competition for back up. Once it's official I'm going to do a pole to guess who wins the job.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll ultimately beat out Quinn for the job and I think that if he had become available before we even signed Quinn, he'd already have the backup spot locked down or at least had one less competitor for the spot.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is a solid backup QB and I have more confidence in him than I have in Brady Quinn. Glad he was picked up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll ultimately beat out Quinn for the job and I think that if he had become available before we even signed Quinn, he'd already have the backup spot locked down or at least had one less competitor for the spot.

Well except Pete likes competition and probably wants as many QB's going into preseason as he can get so they all push each other.