• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

targeting call

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is perhaps the worst idea ever. Ole Miss was gifted a FG vs Texas. Not that it mattered, but it could have. First you get angry about a dubious call. Then livid that a player was wrongfully ejected. Followed by an anxious feeling as Ray Charles watches the replay. Pure joy hits you as they announce that there was no targeting and your starter is back. Then anger and confusion take over as they still walk off the 15 yds, despite verifying that no penalty occurred on the play. Nothing like being completely mocked by the replay booth and officials

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare to have your thread derailed by all the fucking trolls...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare to have your thread derailed by all the fucking trolls...

I am sure, but you went through the same thing on Sat. It is one thing to think it is a bad call, but quite another to have it confirmed and still get the penalty. No idea why they dont reverse it

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Oklahoma got fucked by that bullshit rule Saturday. Fortunately our guy didn't get ejected but it was a perfect example of a "the crowd goes oooooo" penalty.

It's either a clean hit or its not. Leaving the penalty to stand even if you overturn the ejection is bullshit.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the replay determines there was no penalty to enforce the ejection.

I don't understand why they are helpless to simply pick up the flag.

It is essentially saying:
we made a bad call
we are wasting everyones time with lengthy replays
and ultimately we cannot change the bad call anyways.

In the big picture, it probably made no difference.

But, it is an asinine rule.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the replay determines there was no penalty to enforce the ejection.

I don't understand why they are helpless to simply pick up the flag.

It is essentially saying:
we made a bad call
we are wasting everyones time with lengthy replays
and ultimately we cannot change the bad call anyways.

In the big picture, it probably made no difference.

But, it is an asinine rule.

What I want to know is what assholes are coming up with these rules and think they're a good idea?:noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is what assholes are coming up with these rules and think they're a good idea?:noidea:

No shit. It's mind blowing this shit ever made it to the field of play.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is perhaps the worst idea ever. Ole Miss was gifted a FG vs Texas. Not that it mattered, but it could have. First you get angry about a dubious call. Then livid that a player was wrongfully ejected. Followed by an anxious feeling as Ray Charles watches the replay. Pure joy hits you as they announce that there was no targeting and your starter is back. Then anger and confusion take over as they still walk off the 15 yds, despite verifying that no penalty occurred on the play. Nothing like being completely mocked by the replay booth and officials

You as a fan are not allowed to have an opinion on whether that was a good or bad play, you are just supposed to be happy with a win or angry with a loss and dont disrespect what your team did to win or didnt do to lose. I am shocked that you have not seen the other thread where it was decided by many that having an opinion on a certain play is not allowed and voicing it is even worse. Get with the program man, dont get labeled an outsider.

**Disclaimer** this was sarcasm for all of you internet tough guys that want to blast me or report me as a troll.

With all that said, I agree that these rules are becoming worse and its as if the government is now involved in making the decisions for the NCAA on what rules to put in. If things dont change and soon, we will not enjoy college football in another 5-10 years as it will be the equivalent of flag(spelled Fag) football

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
The rule should be that if the player is not ejected from the game, then the referee gets ejected from the game.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not so sure that its them saying it wasn't a penalty...but that it wasn't a blatant attempt to injure player...a lot of times the receiver does a move...or is going to ground..making a hit at chest level...head level..

MastaCow53

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dumb rule struck me yesterday, can't remember the game:

A D-lineman's helmet comes off in the middle of a play, he is in the middle of the action, the ball carrier is 3 feet away. The D-lineman tries to make the tackle and is penalized 15 yds for participating without a helmet.

What was he supposed to do, freeze in place while players are running all around him?

I know if a RB's helmet comes off, the play stops immediately, but with a D-lineman, the play goes on. I don't get it.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what the spirit of the rule is about but it's going to change the way the game is played no doubt, good and bad. Leaving room for suggestion in the Refs hands and no one really is going to be happy how that turns out

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what the spirit of the rule is about but it's going to change the way the game is played no doubt, good and bad. Leaving room for suggestion in the Refs hands and no one really is going to be happy how that turns out

I am Ok with the rule. Not my favorite rule, but I can live with it. I just dont get the replay that overrules the suspension, but not the 15 ydd

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against the rule from the beginning. It is way too subjective and has too much effect on the outcome of the game. At least the ejection gets reviewed. That being said, they can not over rule the ejection. If you start reviewing and overturning penalties, the game will take forever and be a joke.

The only solution I could offer is for the official to flag the play to be reviewed to determine if it was targeting. Its already going to be reviewed anyway. If the replay official determines it is targeting, then the penalty and ejection are iin forced.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dumb rule struck me yesterday, can't remember the game:

A D-lineman's helmet comes off in the middle of a play, he is in the middle of the action, the ball carrier is 3 feet away. The D-lineman tries to make the tackle and is penalized 15 yds for participating without a helmet.

What was he supposed to do, freeze in place while players are running all around him?

I know if a RB's helmet comes off, the play stops immediately, but with a D-lineman, the play goes on. I don't get it.

That was an A&M D-Lineman that got an "Illegal Participation" penalty for continuing to play without a helmet.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely. Oklahoma got fucked by that bullshit rule Saturday. Fortunately our guy didn't get ejected but it was a perfect example of a "the crowd goes oooooo" penalty.

It's either a clean hit or its not. Leaving the penalty to stand even if you overturn the ejection is bullshit.

That bullshit is going to cost a team in a big way sometime this season, just wait for it.