• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

take aways from week one TC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is what i am seeing from all the reports and tweets about TC week one

so far alex smith has been what we hoped for . he had one bad outing in TC but that is what TC is for . too bad some abcers forgot that the past 3 years and couldnt get past their collective hate but no worries i am hear to remind them of their double standard , but back to the matter at hand he has done very well and every day he gets more and more chemistry built with his wrs and tes . solid 'A" in my book

colt mccoy looks like the solid 2 and has looked sharp as well

RBs guice is as advertised and has better hands then we knew . dont know about his blocking because i saw one clip but he handled that well . CT will be his old self . . perine appears to have improved also . kelley is getting token touches and marshal appears to be the solid 4 guy

after week one the wrs appear to be better then i thought as well ., crowder davis quinn quick harris dox and richardson all are showing well in camp with dox exploding and before his quad quick was too . we should be happy with this young group

the o/line , mostly back ups are doing well but i wanted to point out kalis . he has made a nice jump and is the # 2 RG . our bu centers need work though . not happy with any of them at this point

at TE reed is coming along and davis is davis . sprinkle appears to have made a nice jump as well in year 2 . he is blocking and catching better . i think he is better then niles paul at this point

now for the defense

the d/line is going to be an asset . allen and ionman are looking good , payne was beasting till tye ankle injury , settle stepped in and was strong for the last couple of days and phil taylor is going to be a tough cut . i think they keep hood , but taylor is making the case to stay

OLB is doing well and mcphee is setting the edge well . anderson being hurt doesnt help . the starters are fine

ilb . injuries here are the story , foster and brown are good together but both are nicked . JHC perhaps has made the biggest jump on the team from year one to 2 . spaight appears to be on the out

the cbs are doing well . dunny is doing well in coverage , as is scandrick . i would like to see FM take the slot job and he is making the case to do it . stroman is learning but he holds alot . alexander has held his own after being behind . danny johnson is making a strong push and he could win a job if he is a better punt returner then stroman . we have a good young strong group here .

safety , DJ and nick are the best pair of safeties we have had here since taylor and landry . Apke has shown very well and he works well with everette . apke needs to learn pass coverage better however his speed makes up for errors . if he gets that experience we could have something . fish and blanding look to be PS guys

that is week one in the books

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takes

Positives:
Development of young guys on defense:
JHC, FM, the entire Dline
More depth at WR than expected:
Loving that Davis looks good. Harris has best hands on the team. Crowder back to old crowder. Richardson looking sharp. Doctson (though I am far from sold on him) making strides. Sprinkle who I am high on making strides.

Negatives:
Ryan Anderson looks more like a bust with each day
They should cut or trade Rob Kelley now and give him a chance to latch onto another team to fight for a 3/4th RB spot
I think Jordan Reed might be done. Have barely heard his name. The injuries may have sapped his explosiveness.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is training-camp.

All that we can take away is individual battles without bullets flying. So our DL looks much improved. End.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp is important but until live bullets start flying it is hard to know how it will shake out. The offense largely has the advantage in TC. It isn't until hitting and game planning starts that you really get a feel for what you have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the the first 4 days, I was most impressed how the DLine with Payne just dominated the Offense.

QB. Smith seems to be a leader in ways Kirk was not, which I think is the biggest positive.

The RBs finally have a legitimate threat with Guice. His pass catching routes and soft hands are better than advertised, which will pair well with Alex Smith. Competition will be fierce for the backup position(s) to Guice and Thompson. I think Perine sticks around, from there Kelley, Bibbs, and Marshall all have a chance and if anything Kelley may be on farthest on the outside looking in.

The WRs are my biggest concern group. Crowder is solid for the slot. I think Dox and Richardson are a bit underwhelming as a #1 and #2, but could work out as a deep threat combo with a Red zone target. For me, Dox eerily reminds me of bit of Hankerson. I really want him to develop a fire and discipline that is needed to become a star, but I'm not sure it's there. At minimum, Richardson will stretch the Defense. He will be more effective than Terrelle Pryor, but can he play a similar role to Tyreek Hill? Behind them, Quinn looks like he was a 3-4th round pick. Hurt, and Robert Davis seem to be progressing.

TEs are really solid with Reed, or even just Davis and Sprinkle.

Oline will heavily rely on Trent, Scherff, and Moses and to a lesser extent Nsekhe. Roullier seems ready to step in. I hope he can hold out an entire season. Lauvao may be healthy again... which should be passable. I think Guice takes some of the heat off of this group.

Dline is absolutely stacked. Allen, Ion, Payne, Phil Taylor, Lanier, Hood, Settle could all see significant playing time on other teams around the league. Allen looks determined to be disruptive and I think the whole group will be top 5.

OLB, we have no idea what is going on with Anderson yet. That's really frustrating. Kerrigan and Preston smith will have a great year, courtesy of the Dline. I see McPhee as a just a guy. He's maybe above average... but I'm not too enthusiastic about it.

ILB we know what we have in Foster and Zach Brown. The more interesting players are the youth movement we have going. Josh Harvey-Clemmons, Vigil, Hamilton look like they could develop and have roles on this team. Spaight seems like he may be losing some ground.

DBs, Swearinger is going to be our Rock on the Defensive backfield. I'm predicting Norman should will have a resurgence if the Dline is getting to the QB. That leaves us relying on Nicholson and Moreau to step up. I hope they do but am concerned about quality depth here. Dunbar is OK, Everette too in a pinch.

TL;DR: I think our team should have improved with the addition of a running game, and a solid Defensive line. There are still depth that I would have liked to have been better addressed along the Oline, DB, and WR corps.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takes

Positives:
Development of young guys on defense:
JHC, FM, the entire Dline
More depth at WR than expected:
Loving that Davis looks good. Harris has best hands on the team. Crowder back to old crowder. Richardson looking sharp. Doctson (though I am far from sold on him) making strides. Sprinkle who I am high on making strides.

Negatives:
Ryan Anderson looks more like a bust with each day
They should cut or trade Rob Kelley now and give him a chance to latch onto another team to fight for a 3/4th RB spot
I think Jordan Reed might be done. Have barely heard his name. The injuries may have sapped his explosiveness.
Unfortunately Rob Kelley has no value in a trade. If he gets cut, he may get picked up, but probably not.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Kelley at least in the football world (Jemele Hill in political world) is the bane of my existence.

The guy has no short or long speed, not much agility, bad hands, and has terrible vision.

His power and ball security are overrated as well.

At least Perine offers a bit of unknown and beats him out in the raw talent/athleticism categories.

Kelley is a Gruden favorite though and we know how that usually works. Would be a shame if he was on the opening day roster barring no injuries.