• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T.O. Wants To Sign With 49ers

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look back at the posts. I never came at you sideways once. I simply stated an opinion. My fault if I was wrong about how many 9er games you've seen, which I can't see how you think VD doesn't drop more balls than any 49er I've ever seen, and I've been a fan since about 84.
We're both 49er fans, let's not get out of hand. My bad, no sense of bickering thousands of miles away about the same team we both want to succeed.

You're exactly right! My bad...

:rockon:

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis leads in drops
That is just 9 drops this season. I don't want to find how many he's dropped in previous seasons. I can tell that you don't watch many 49ers games (highlight don't count) by the Vernon would be the greatest te comment. I'm talking about perfect thrown passes bouncing off his hands. I can think of two for sure td's this season (one last week). Get all the facts first.
:focus:

From the link you posted:
Posted: 749 days 49 mins ago.

From the Washington Post:
Football | NFL | Leaders - Pass Dropped - washingtonpost.com

I see six drops and him way down the list.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I noticed that right now too. I also noticed Crabtree up there with 7 and Gore with 6. 6 drops are a little better then 9, however drops have been a problem throughout his career.

That was how many drops he had on December 10th 2009 for the 2009 season.
He had more drops that year.

Roddy White tops that list, Bowe and Finley are right behind him and Cruz, Nicks and Steve Smith are all ahead of VD.

Vernon Davis has dropped some passes over the years but he is doing pretty good this year. Focusing on drops to vilify this guy rubs me the wrong way.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roddy White tops that list, Bowe and Finley are right behind him and Cruz, Nicks and Steve Smith are all ahead of VD.

Vernon Davis has dropped some passes over the years but he is doing pretty good this year. Focusing on drops to vilify this guy rubs me the wrong way.

Make sure you know the whole conversation first. The drops were brought up to respond to a comment about VD being and I quote "the greastest te ever if he was a Patriot". That is where the VD drops came in. I don't think he has the kind of hands to ever be the greatest anything was the whole point.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what do you mean 09? Are you talking about the 9? The Wqshington post stats are from this season.
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/index.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Make sure you know the whole conversation first. The drops were brought up to respond to a comment about VD being and I quote "the greastest te ever if he was a Patriot". That is where the VD drops came in. I don't think he has the kind of hands to ever be the greatest anything was the whole point.

Can't argue with that...

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, do you think anybody would even know Gronkowski's name if he didn't have Brady as a QB? Let alone break the record for TD's by a TE. Is he really that much better than VD?

I think his hands and route running is better. Not to mention that I think he has more of a blue collar mentality to stick his nose in traffic for the pass instead of pulling out of the play. I think VD runs faster and has more muscles.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it has nothing to do with the QB?

Plus he has a great qb. I don't think VD would be too different than what he is though. I think he would've been cut by the Pats in regards to all his drops throughout his career.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think his hands and route running is better. Not to mention that I think he has more of a blue collar mentality to stick his nose in traffic for the pass instead of pulling out of the play. I think VD runs faster and has more muscles.

Who is the better blocker?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Plus he has a great qb. I don't think VD would be too different than what he is though. I think he would've been cut by the Pats in regards to all his drops throughout his career.

I agree that he wouldn't be the greatest ever but I think the above statement is as ludicrous as calling him the greatest of all time.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the stats you posted, they are from 2009.

No they are not. Those stats are from this season. Just look at Greg Little being on the list, he's a rookie. I posted it again for you to see.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he wouldn't be the greatest ever but I think the above statement is as ludicrous as calling him the greatest of all time.

That's your opinion. The Pats have shown that they don't put up with a lot. Look back at what Davis has done as a Niner, the fighting with teamates, the 15 yard penalties, the drops, the pulling out of plays. He would've been let go if he was a Pat.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No they are not. Those stats are from this season. Just look at Greg Little being on the list, he's a rookie. I posted it again for you to see.

The "leading the league in drops" and "nine dropped passes" stats were from 2009.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion. The Pats have shown that they don't put up with a lot. Look back at what Davis has done as a Niner, the fighting with teamates, the 15 yard penalties, the drops, the pulling out of plays. He would've been let go if he was a Pat.

naw, the pats woulda drafted ngata like any other smart team would do!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You forgot about leading the 49ers in receptions and receiving yards and being a great blocker.

He has six drops this year and 59 catches and has been great as a blocker, I can deal with that.

When does he pull out of plays? When you refer to fighting, are you talking about skirmishes with defensive players in practice?