• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T.O. Wants To Sign With 49ers

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owens at 75% is better than any wr we've had since....we had owens at 100%

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he played well last year. better than any wr we have now has ever played

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he played well last year. better than any wr we have now has ever played

This argument would make sense if it were last year.

If Owens played well last year, then why do you think no team picked him up during the off season?

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Crabs is an incredible talent

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument would make sense if it were last year.

If Owens played well last year, then why do you think no team picked him up during the off season?

he was injured. but he's been the best wr on every team he's played for, even with the drop off from getting older

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which is true, at the same time this is when you want a player of his talents. Sign him for the rest of the season and make him earn a 1 year deal for next season. Have you seen what kind of shape he's in? I'm not sure about how fast he is right now, I do know that he'll help us in the red zone, even if he's only 75%.

our team made a decision to go with an undrafted wr and i will give them the b of d with that, but when the game is on the line and Charles Woodson and Peprah are on the field, i wonder who we would want out there at WR..

i hope i am wrong...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens is a prima donna but I dont get why people dont think he could help someone at wideout. He obviously can still play, the guy had 72 catches for almost a thousand yards and 9 TD's last year playing for a team that won like 4 games. Hell even over the last 3 years he averages about 65 catches, 900 yards and 8 TD's a year. If you want to say no to TO then dont tell me its cuz he " cant play anymore" because that is just flat out false. Tell me you think hes a jerk and the sort but not that he cant help you.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he was injured. but he's been the best wr on every team he's played for, even with the drop off from getting older

Once a baller always a baller....

We are leaning too much on our defense to keep bailing us out in games...

Hope it doesn't come and bite.. "fingers crossed"

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FUCK OWENS!!!!!!! The day he dons a 9ers uniform again is the day I burn all of mine.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys are all looking at it the wrong way.

We are not giving T.O. a guaranteed 3 year contract. We would be renting him for a playoff run, in which he'd be all geared up to prove he still belongs in the NFL. Plus he wants a ring too. Bottom line we need a big play WR with something to prove.

If he doesn't produce, no big loss. If ESPN and TMZ want to talk about it all day who cares, Harbaugh can keep the team focused and ignore that crap. T.O. would not play until the 1st playoff game, how is he going to destroy the locker room in two weeks?????

Also there would be no game tape on Owens in a 49er uni so they could get creative with him and burn the Saints! I'm most excited about this possibility.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys are all looking at it the wrong way.

We are not giving T.O. a guaranteed 3 year contract. We would be renting him for a playoff run, in which he'd be all geared up to prove he still belongs in the NFL. Plus he wants a ring too. Bottom line we need a big play WR with something to prove.

If he doesn't produce, no big loss. If ESPN and TMZ want to talk about it all day who cares, Harbaugh can keep the team focused and ignore that crap. T.O. would not play until the 1st playoff game, how is he going to destroy the locker room in two weeks?????

Also there would be no game tape on Owens in a 49er uni so they could get creative with him and burn the Saints! I'm most excited about this possibility.

You've been playing too much Madden.

And I repeat....FUCK OWENS!!!!!!! The day he dons a 9ers uniform again is the day I burn all of mine.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit is getting personal here, time to leave this one alone....

What he did to the 49ers was personal. In his prime, he forced his way out of SF and we got diddly squat for him because we had absolutely no leverage. He's a prima dona POS. No way I even want to consider allow him on our team and get him a cheaply-earned ring after what he did to our franchise.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect (but you can take it how you want) first off, I just think some of you are working with too many emotions, like girls do. Second off, I'm not sure what "go play Madden" has to do with T.O. coming in as a red zone threat, one that we don't have. The fact of the matter is that T.O. is 2nd (only behind Rice) in td catches in the history of the league. To me that speaks volumes of how he can help us. I don't really care about him learning a playbook, I care about him learning some red zone plays and throwing his body around for a few scores. He has something to prove and there is noway he messes up his last shot within a Superbowl run. Get real!