• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright first post in this thread. I've been watching this shit since season 1 on and off, but I think the game of Survivor as it exists now is a joke and the contestants take it waaaaaaay too seriously. At this point it's a clown show for grown adults who act like children.

But that's why I watch. It's usually pretty funny and it's and a guilty pleasure.

This season though, what the fuck man? I know some people watch this show seriously but I don't know how they could possibly do that anymore.

We just saw a really pathetic loser with no self awareness give up and help someone else win a challenge against the actual best player.

Then, to top it off, we get the reveal at the end that two jury members only voted for Kenzie because they wanted her to have the money more than Charlie.

And, you know, that's fine. They should be able to do that. But ever since season 40 this show has devolved into the jury constantly nit picking every single move every person makes because they totally believe in the sanctity of the game or whatever. Every player is some gay little survivor nerd who thinks this game is serious and not a reality show meant to make CBS money. We get all this nitpicking about how only the game matters, and then Kenzie wins because Charlie is a lawyer and she's a barber.

This show is fucking retarded and so are most of the contestants.

And I'm the ultimate retard because I'm gonna watch it again next season.

I wish Q would have won. Dude was funny and didn't give AF.
Pretty much a perfect post.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting disappointed with the lack of celebrities on this show. It used to be that they would have at least 1 each season. Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Kent, John Rocker, Lisa Welchel, Mike White, etc. But who is the last celeb to actually play? Heck, they haven’t even had any returning players in a while.

I like the new players each season, but throwing in a few returnees or celebs really makes the game fun.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it’s like 80% Kenzie wins now. Maybe higher

I think Charlie’s is almost fried.

Maria lurking as some under the radar(viewer wise) contender who goes on a massive run late.

But Kenzie is about cemented
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That finale proved tho why this shit is so tough to predict. I was basically right on regarding the overall end results of Maria going early. Kenzie winning a battle over Charlie and one of the scrubs doing nothing.

But never could I have guessed how it got there. Ben and Liz delusion-ally thinking Liz is the biggest threat? Loser Ben winning final immunity?

Maria voting Kenzie? I thought Liz would forsure vote Kenzie not Charlie. Thought Q was going Maria based on tribal. Figured Soda or Hunter would at least go Kenzie.

Wild.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eye-rolls from the jury when Liz was claiming she was going to win if didn’t get eliminated at fire was hilarious.

Surprised Jeff didn’t ask Ben who he would have voted for in the event of a tie.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eye-rolls from the jury when Liz was claiming she was going to win if didn’t get eliminated at fire was hilarious.

Surprised Jeff didn’t ask Ben who he would have voted for in the event of a tie.

I’m pissed Jeff didn’t ask the jury who woulda voted for Liz if she made it. That woulda been funny.

Woulda been amazing if it was a tie vote and having to see that idiot Ben on the spot vote for a winner.

There would be no way to ever know if the person he voted for was actually who he intended to vote for

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright first post in this thread. I've been watching this shit since season 1 on and off, but I think the game of Survivor as it exists now is a joke and the contestants take it waaaaaaay too seriously. At this point it's a clown show for grown adults who act like children.

But that's why I watch. It's usually pretty funny and it's and a guilty pleasure.

This season though, what the fuck man? I know some people watch this show seriously but I don't know how they could possibly do that anymore.

We just saw a really pathetic loser with no self awareness give up and help someone else win a challenge against the actual best player.

Then, to top it off, we get the reveal at the end that two jury members only voted for Kenzie because they wanted her to have the money more than Charlie.

And, you know, that's fine. They should be able to do that. But ever since season 40 this show has devolved into the jury constantly nit picking every single move every person makes because they totally believe in the sanctity of the game or whatever. Every player is some gay little survivor nerd who thinks this game is serious and not a reality show meant to make CBS money. We get all this nitpicking about how only the game matters, and then Kenzie wins because Charlie is a lawyer and she's a barber.

This show is fucking retarded and so are most of the contestants.

And I'm the ultimate retard because I'm gonna watch it again next season.

I wish Q would have won. Dude was funny and didn't give AF.

i agree entirely... but to add on the annoyingness... @mr.hockey4242 was able to predict the winner because of the edit... so not just can the jury base their votes on whatever they want, and hurt the integrity of the game... The edit foreshadows that throughout the whole season...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maria totally ruined her game when she allied with Q... normally, its good strategy to use a player like Q as a number and get out everyone else you want... But she went overboard, making Q look like her number 2 or even number one... and its not like she got out BIG named players with her new ally... their only big move was the Tiff move... but i dont think Q was needed for that blindside...

Maria, somehow went from mother figure to Villain... and once she lost the mother figure, she had no chance to win...

I was never a kenzie supporter, but i must say, when Maria lost her mother figure, that also gave Kenzie the window to win because of her social game alone...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree entirely... but to add on the annoyingness... @mr.hockey4242 was able to predict the winner because of the edit... so not just can the jury base their votes on whatever they want, and hurt the integrity of the game... The edit foreshadows that throughout the whole season...

That’s reality tv tho. They gotta craft a narrative. Won’t always be perfect(Gabler). But they want to make you hopefully like the winner and also show you why others may lose, even if some disagree with the loss.

Big Brother even does an edit and that show happens basically live.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maria totally ruined her game when she allied with Q... normally, its good strategy to use a player like Q as a number and get out everyone else you want... But she went overboard, making Q look like her number 2 or even number one... and its not like she got out BIG named players with her new ally... their only big move was the Tiff move... but i dont think Q was needed for that blindside...

Maria, somehow went from mother figure to Villain... and once she lost the mother figure, she had no chance to win...

I was never a kenzie supporter, but i must say, when Maria lost her mother figure, that also gave Kenzie the window to win because of her social game alone...

Maria may have been a poor player all along. Us the audience saw Charlie doing more as is.

Maria’s game play the last 3 eps bordered on inept.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s reality tv tho. They gotta craft a narrative. Won’t always be perfect(Gabler). But they want to make you hopefully like the winner and also show you why others may lose, even if some disagree with the loss.

Big Brother even does an edit and that show happens basically live.

sure, BB has an edit but its week to week...

But the only thing wose than an edit, is an edit that doesnt show us whats really happening... this is more true in BB, where we see one or two alliances, but the real ones are not shown ever... or even talked about..

I understand narrative, and i understand that there is no way for production to show us everything...

but especially this season, it would have been nice to see more of why kenzie was a good winner other than everyone liking her... Again, i am not knocking the social game aspect of survivor... it is extremely important... just wish she did more than just that... and i agree with you that i very much under-rate her... so maybe i missed her strategy

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maria may have been a poor player all along. Us the audience saw Charlie doing more as is.

Maria’s game play the last 3 eps bordered on inept.

ever since Q her play was inept... but not until the pizza party, did her game feel like it really changed... when you get OWNED by Venus, you know you have no chance to win

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated seeng Maria Eliminated like that. Then the tribal council was brutally sad. Then out of nowhere Ben wins freaking immunity. Hard to really know but it sure seemed that Charlies ball moved faster that anyone elses. Of course they drew for spots so I didnt really see an advantage. Actually i would have wanted to be 2 or 3 in the line anyway in case i had trouble with the puzzle. I still havent finished watching it. I know who wins obviously. I was just so pissed . Then Charlie not wanting to make fire vs Liz. WTH.

Its crazy. I mentioned it a few weeks ago about the gambling odds. Maria was the favorite all year along with Charlie. While a Tiff was in the game , she was usually up there. About 3 weeks ago , Kenzie’s number started to move. I couldnt believe it. I dont get into the edits and all that, but Mr Hockey was saying Kensey had a good shot. I was really like how ? But the odds started favoring her too. I didnt ever mention them because i didnt want to give it away. I will never look at them again. Ha. Oh and by the odds , I was basically right about Q and Venus. They never had a shot.

At the end of the day, i guess it was an OK season. I just didnt think the winner was deserving.

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated seeng Maria Eliminated like that. Then the tribal council was brutally sad. Then out of nowhere Ben wins freaking immunity. Hard to really know but it sure seemed that Charlies ball moved faster that anyone elses. Of course they drew for spots so I didnt really see an advantage. Actually i would have wanted to be 2 or 3 in the line anyway in case i had trouble with the puzzle. I still havent finished watching it. I know who wins obviously. I was just so pissed . Then Charlie not wanting to make fire vs Liz. WTH.

Its crazy. I mentioned it a few weeks ago about the gambling odds. Maria was the favorite all year along with Charlie. While a Tiff was in the game , she was usually up there. About 3 weeks ago , Kenzie’s number started to move. I couldnt believe it. I dont get into the edits and all that, but Mr Hockey was saying Kensey had a good shot. I was really like how ? But the odds started favoring her too. I didnt ever mention them because i didnt want to give it away. I will never look at them again. Ha. Oh and by the odds , I was basically right about Q and Venus. They never had a shot.

At the end of the day, i guess it was an OK season. I just didnt think the winner was deserving.

I’ve never seen gambling odds for US but I’m guessing those shift due to things like the edit. Hence Kenzie as things went on.

I also watch Australian survivor(great show) and you cannot look at those gambling odds. It’s a spoiler before the show even starts. They give no fucks. Pre jury are not even kept onsite just go back on social right away. And that version doesn’t do straight forward edits, they just overload content on anyone they find interesting. Then let bookies spoil the winner who might be near invisible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem with these competition games is often the ones who play the game get kicked out earlier... the playing to hard affect...

what that usually allows is floaters to last too long... and thats what happened this season... Floaters, dominated...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with these competition games is often the ones who play the game get kicked out earlier... the playing to hard affect...

what that usually allows is floaters to last too long... and thats what happened this season... Floaters, dominated...
I wouldn’t classify Charlie as a floater.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t classify Charlie as a floater.

No he wasn’t. But Ben, Liz, Kenzie, Venus all were.

Also nothing wrong with being a floater. It’s a valid gameplay. Problem here is that there was just so many of them.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts :

I liked Maria as a player. Have to give her credit where credit is due for the physicality she brought.
That being said, I don't think she handled the Liz/reward scenario particularly well.
And I don't think she handled voting for Charlie well, especially when she tried to cover her tracks by 'claiming' it was Ben.
Lastly, on Maria, it seemed to me that her voting for Kenzie was done out of spite for Charlie.
That might be a bad read on my part, but maybe her competitive spirit just got the best of her?

I agree that Jeff should have asked for a show of hands on who would have voted for Liz if she had made it to the end. That being said, it would not have been that entertaining to see Liz crumble again. Okay, maybe a little bit, but still....

Q using his own question on what to do with the money to decide who wins is kind of lame. I get it, he can do whatever he wants, but he's pretty lousy at framing things to suit his best interests when it comes to the game.

Charlie... big mistake not wanting to make fire. His answer basically sealed his fate in that he didn't want it. He was happy to just get to the end. Same as Ben. Kenzie had a better story and better social game with just enough challenge wins that the final challenge put her over the top.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Wow. I just watched the final tribal where the jury asks the questions. I already knew who had won. Loved the way Q tried to control the meeting , speaking out of turn, etc. lol. I do want to say I thought for the most part Charlie dominated the answers. I could tell he had planned it out and his answers included certain players like Tevin , Q, Soda , and Hunter. Now Qs question , I thought Kenzi did have the best answer, or at least better than Charlies. I liked Bens answer as well. I thought Soda had the best question and was real with them because that was pretty much how I saw them.

Mr. Hockey really has me thinking about this edit thing. I dont think i have ever changed my perception about a player as much as i did Hunter. The Hunter in the last tribal council was nothing like the Hunter the edit showed. He actually talked , smiled , seemed engaging. I knew he was a teacher in real life but it was never shown to me anyway that he had that much of a personality.

Next up Liz. Was it just a bad edit? Were they really telling the truth that they didnt think they could beat her. What did she do to make them think that. She obviously thought she was the best player. Somehow she claims she is a millionaire.

Q- they mentioned him a couple of times as a threat. I mean he played ok but they hated him.

Venus - just beautiful.

I guess i agree with Ben at the end of the day - Maria was the MVP. I thought Tiff was probably the second best player. Not enough info on Soda. She impressed me with her question and responses in final tribal. A little too many tears this year for me. On to 47.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Wow. I just watched the final tribal where the jury asks the questions. I already knew who had won. Loved the way Q tried to control the meeting , speaking out of turn, etc. lol. I do want to say I thought for the most part Charlie dominated the answers. I could tell he had planned it out and his answers included certain players like Tevin , Q, Soda , and Hunter. Now Qs question , I thought Kenzi did have the best answer, or at least better than Charlies. I liked Bens answer as well. I thought Soda had the best question and was real with them because that was pretty much how I saw them.

Mr. Hockey really has me thinking about this edit thing. I dont think i have ever changed my perception about a player as much as i did Hunter. The Hunter in the last tribal council was nothing like the Hunter the edit showed. He actually talked , smiled , seemed engaging. I knew he was a teacher in real life but it was never shown to me anyway that he had that much of a personality.

Next up Liz. Was it just a bad edit? Were they really telling the truth that they didnt think they could beat her. What did she do to make them think that. She obviously thought she was the best player. Somehow she claims she is a millionaire.

Q- they mentioned him a couple of times as a threat. I mean he played ok but they hated him.

Venus - just beautiful.

I guess i agree with Ben at the end of the day - Maria was the MVP. I thought Tiff was probably the second best player. Not enough info on Soda. She impressed me with her question and responses in final tribal. A little too many tears this year for me. On to 47.

I too watched the finale tonight despite knowing the ending already. Thanks to reading and writing on this thread.

My take was that Liz quitting on that challenge to help Kenzie was pure genius. I was impressed by it.

But it did just show how weak the final 5 were in competitions.

The fire was almost comical. And Kenzie saying she would have chose to be in the fire to the jury was clear lie.

Imo the jury was too egotistical. And they also clearly asked questions to steer Kenzie to win. Tiff being the timer was a joke, she let Kenzie finish and the rest were cut off.

Kenzie won because of money. I get it. Paying a rich wasp who never needed anything and is gonna be a lawyer is hard when the other person clearly needs the money. But that’s not game.

And I agreed with Charlie that he didn’t need fire, but he should not have acted like he was better than it.

All in all this was the worst final 7 I have ever seen.

Too much floating and playing the middle. With sub par competition in the comps

Bad alliances, if there was any, and very little strategy used this season.

Even Kenzie said, she never needed to drive a vote.