• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man. Didnt mean to ruin the episode for you. Hunter had an idol. Should have used it.
Personally, I avoid this thread until I am caught up. We need to be able to talk about the events after they air.

Just don’t post any online spoilers. I am certain the exact elimination order is already out there. It almost always is. Unfortunately, I got spoiled a few seasons back at about final 8.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the revote, the game was over. Voting to keep Hunter was a lost cause. Venus may have swapped (she said good buy to Hunter before his name was announced), but it wasn’t a meaningful vote. None of the initial votes for Hunter were lost in the revote (Q voted for Ben)

Absolutely. Thats why i was wondering what idiot voted Q. Im telling you Q probably has the lowest Vegas odds ever to win with 8 left.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I avoid this thread until I am caught up. We need to be able to talk about the events after they air.

Just don’t post any online spoilers. I am certain the exact elimination order is already out there. It almost always is. Unfortunately, I got spoiled a few seasons back at about final 8.

Well i normally wait until Friday but I think Sir posted after the show. Of course he didnt tell any info like i did. Honestly the first 6 or so episodes were pretty dulll. The last couple have been pretty entertaining.

Maria is looking strong right now. Of course the previews had her planning with Q. Probably not a good idea.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter was dirty, sure. But this is almost always how “the beast” goes out. It is just the nature of the game.

I wouldn’t fault him for being salty, but again, that’s survivor.

Blindside is one thing. That was not a simple blindside.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter was dirty, sure. But this is almost always how “the beast” goes out. It is just the nature of the game.

I wouldn’t fault him for being salty, but again, that’s survivor.
Would you recommend sandbagging all individual challenges?
And does that apply to team challenges?

I mean, we knew Hunter was good from the team challenges.
If he started losing individual challenges, would it be too obvious?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get him not using his idol. I have always been amazed at how some can hold theirs as long as they do. I would just be way to paranoid and I think Hunter was. Of course we dont see every conversation. I get holding it but if you are the least bit unsure you have to play it. Like Tiff said , as soon as it is played it goes right back in the game. Then you still have another day to work something out. Things change every day in that game. I dont think he would have won because his social game was really lacking it seemed , but of course we didnt see much of his original tribe because they always won. Now he could have gone on a huge challenge run and won some votes maybe. Odd to me that he is a teacher ???? Maybe im wrong on that. Teachers usually are vocal.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you recommend sandbagging all individual challenges?
And does that apply to team challenges?

I mean, we knew Hunter was good from the team challenges.
If he started losing individual challenges, would it be too obvious?
If he was playing more of a social game, than MAYBE. But that wasn’t his game. He was a beast, pure and simple. I don’t think he had a chance, any way he played.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throughout Survivor history, what are the basic archetypes?

Beast (Hunter…)
Mamma (Maria, Sandra)
King (Boston Rob, Russel Hantz)
Purple (Nicaragua Kelly, Ben??)
Goat (Venus)

I am sure I am missing a few.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throughout Survivor history, what are the basic archetypes?

Beast (Hunter…)
Mamma (Maria, Sandra)
King (Boston Rob, Russel Hantz)
Purple (Nicaragua Kelly, Ben??)
Goat (Venus)

I am sure I am missing a few.
I know what you mean, but I don't think I can put Maria in the same league yet, let alone any category, as Sandra.

The best category would be 'Adapter' as in with the new seasons, you have to be able to adapt to whatever they throw at you.
Split teams, mergers, new powers, etc.
Having a great social game is not necessarily essential, but it helps.
Then again, Soda and Tevin were very good in the social game and they became targets.
But, we have seen floaters win this game.

All in all, that's what makes it fun to watch every season.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get him not using his idol. I have always been amazed at how some can hold theirs as long as they do. I would just be way to paranoid and I think Hunter was. Of course we dont see every conversation. I get holding it but if you are the least bit unsure you have to play it. Like Tiff said , as soon as it is played it goes right back in the game. Then you still have another day to work something out. Things change every day in that game. I dont think he would have won because his social game was really lacking it seemed , but of course we didnt see much of his original tribe because they always won. Now he could have gone on a huge challenge run and won some votes maybe. Odd to me that he is a teacher ???? Maybe im wrong on that. Teachers usually are vocal.
You just mentioned Tiff.

Why didn't she play her idol like she said she would?

Because she felt comfortable and had assurances that she was safe and her idol would help her last farther into the game.
Probably the exact same thing Hunter thought.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reset after this episode…

In the Running…

Charlie - He is starting to look a bit like Maria’s “Robin”. I almost moved him down to the 2nd tier.
Maria - No change. But she is continually on the right side of the vote.
Tiff (+) - Becoming a real player. And she has been a show focus from the start.

Unknown

Liz (-) - Being in the wrong side of a big vote never bodes well for your overall chances
Ben - Who is this guy, again?
Kenzie - She is starting to play, but she hasn’t stood up on her own yet.

No Chance

Q - Will he get carried to the end as a patsie?
Venus - Will she get carried to the end as a patsie?

I am beginning to root for Venus... the outsider, where there is no clear leader yet...

not sure if it is the edit, and there is another big alliance that was made besides the 6(who is clearly dead since 3 of the last 4 eliminations were members)

I still think the women see that they are knocking off the guys so there is an organic alliance there... but maybe not, i know Charlie and Maria are tight, and they seem to be in the middle of every vote... which has allowed them to decide the vote....

I disagree with the whole patsie strategy this season... the patsie only works if there is a clear dominant player... i dont think anyone has done enough to bring in a patsie...

basically, if Q or venus makes it to the finals, they can both easily win this IMO...especialy if they can sell themselves well...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just mentioned Tiff.

Why didn't she play her idol like she said she would?

Because she felt comfortable and had assurances that she was safe and her idol would help her last farther into the game.
Probably the exact same thing Hunter thought.

Tiff is not near as paranoid as Hunter was. Hunter, although he may have been told he was safe , he was never comfortable. You could tell when he was watching the votes. He was almost hiding his eyes with his buff before Jeff read his name the first time. Tiff was mentioned by Kenzie to vote her out. IMO , that would have been the much better play and a bigger threat removed , but Tiff saying she was playing her idol no matter what spooked them. I mean who knows what the original plan was. Q did his thing at tribal and chaos erupted again I suppose. To me i just dont understand why Q or Venus would be getting any votes right now. Im not telling any online info here i dont think , but i do watch the Survivor odds to win. Tevin was up there for most of the season. Q is less than 1 % chance to win.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiff is not near as paranoid as Hunter was. Hunter, although he may have been told he was safe , he was never comfortable. You could tell when he was watching the votes. He was almost hiding his eyes with his buff before Jeff read his name the first time. Tiff was mentioned by Kenzie to vote her out. IMO , that would have been the much better play and a bigger threat removed , but Tiff saying she was playing her idol no matter what spooked them. I mean who knows what the original plan was. Q did his thing at tribal and chaos erupted again I suppose. To me i just dont understand why Q or Venus would be getting any votes right now. Im not telling any online info here i dont think , but i do watch the Survivor odds to win. Tevin was up there for most of the season. Q is less than 1 % chance to win.

Q and venus should be getting votes because they are easy votes... blindsides every week is not a recipe for good gameplay... it is the recipe for a random winner....

sending home the easy people shows that there are actually players playing the game...

again, just because they are easy votes now does not mean they will be easy later.... one move can save anyone's game....

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q and venus should be getting votes because they are easy votes... blindsides every week is not a recipe for good gameplay... it is the recipe for a random winner....

sending home the easy people shows that there are actually players playing the game...

again, just because they are easy votes now does not mean they will be easy later.... one move can save anyone's game....
I think the strategy is foregoing easy votes like Venus or Q and sending home endgame threats.

Tevin and Hunter were endgame threats for their social and physical games, respectively.
Soda too for her social game.

Kenzi and Ben might be the best social threats left in the game.
Everyone supposedly likes them.

Let's see if they get targeted or if they can start controlling the game.
I mean, if Kenzi and Ben pull in Q and Venus they can run the game.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the strategy is foregoing easy votes like Venus or Q and sending home endgame threats.

Tevin and Hunter were endgame threats for their social and physical games, respectively.
Soda too for her social game.

Kenzi and Ben might be the best social threats left in the game.
Everyone supposedly likes them.

Let's see if they get targeted or if they can start controlling the game.
I mean, if Kenzi and Ben pull in Q and Venus they can run the game.

but again, if that happens then it shows no control... it will always be one side vs another, once people see this...

remember this is the final 8, and after the final 4 there is no more real voting...

that means there are 4 more tribals...

Seems like there are 2 strong duos Kenzi and tiff/ Charlie and Maria/

with ben and liz outside, seems like ben is closer to kenzi and tiff side, and Liz is with the charlie and Maria side

if they dont send Q and Venus out first, then those 2 sides are going to have fight.... not sure if either side is ready for that blood bath... they are more likely to keep the peace as long as they can...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but again, if that happens then it shows no control... it will always be one side vs another, once people see this...

remember this is the final 8, and after the final 4 there is no more real voting...

that means there are 4 more tribals...

Seems like there are 2 strong duos Kenzi and tiff/ Charlie and Maria/

with ben and liz outside, seems like ben is closer to kenzi and tiff side, and Liz is with the charlie and Maria side

if they dont send Q and Venus out first, then those 2 sides are going to have fight.... not sure if either side is ready for that blood bath... they are more likely to keep the peace as long as they can...
And that's what makes Survivor so interesting and fun to watch.

And yet, it might just come down to who sells themselves the best at final three.
Eventually, we are going to get a winner that floats to the end with no real apparent strategy, but somehow manages to convince everyone that this was their game plan all along.

While I'm hoping this is Q, I'm like 99% positive he'll fumble this at the goal line if he makes it that far.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what makes Survivor so interesting and fun to watch.

And yet, it might just come down to who sells themselves the best at final three.
Eventually, we are going to get a winner that floats to the end with no real apparent strategy, but somehow manages to convince everyone that this was their game plan all along.

While I'm hoping this is Q, I'm like 99% positive he'll fumble this at the goal line if he makes it that far.

the problem as a viewer is that the edits are horrible... we dont see anything that is really happening... so i have no clue if anyone is really playing a good game yet... but oddly, with that said, i have never saw a tribal Jury interrogation that divulged anything not shown on tv... not sure if that is on purpose or not...

but as of now, on this season, i dont see anyone pulling away, nor anyone that cant win this... not even Q or venus...

and remember, even though Venus, Tevin and liz want to take credit for the Soda blindside, the blindside would not have happened without all three so adament about that blindside... I mean, what if Venus tried to get out someone else, do you think it would have been so easy for Charlie and Maria to agree to do it?? so as much as nobody wants to give Venus credit for it, she is just as responsible for it as Liz and Tevin...

so when she brings it up, she is not wrong...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem as a viewer is that the edits are horrible... we dont see anything that is really happening... so i have no clue if anyone is really playing a good game yet... but oddly, with that said, i have never saw a tribal Jury interrogation that divulged anything not shown on tv... not sure if that is on purpose or not...

but as of now, on this season, i dont see anyone pulling away, nor anyone that cant win this... not even Q or venus...

and remember, even though Venus, Tevin and liz want to take credit for the Soda blindside, the blindside would not have happened without all three so adament about that blindside... I mean, what if Venus tried to get out someone else, do you think it would have been so easy for Charlie and Maria to agree to do it?? so as much as nobody wants to give Venus credit for it, she is just as responsible for it as Liz and Tevin...

so when she brings it up, she is not wrong...
There isn’t a true “winner’s edit” this year. Maria comes close, but not clear by any stretch.

Edit: MAYBE Tiff, since she has been a focus in EVERY episode, but that can be explained away since she was on the losing tribe for much of the season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t a true “winner’s edit” this year. Maria comes close, but not clear by any stretch.

Charlie is also... but charlie and Maria are playing the same game... together... so......

and no way a young, wealthy ivy league student is getting votes over Maria....