• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t understand why she chose to play it for Denise. I get Denise made the big move with Sandra, but I would have thought for sure they were going after Kim and Tyson.

And Tyson was pissed

I suppose Sarah stealing the vote from Denise was designed to make them believe that Denise was the target.

In fact, with Jeremy gone, it was 5-4, so the steal-a-vote would have made it 6-3.
They could have split the votes 3-3 on Tyson and Kim and it would not have matter where the idol was played.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t understand why she chose to play it for Denise. I get Denise made the big move with Sandra, but I would have thought for sure they were going after Kim and Tyson.

And Tyson was pissed

Yeah it was a weird tribal.

I woulda assumed Tyson over Denise as well. I think she thought too deeply almost like "they will expect Denise to not have another idol and Tyson returned from edge(may have idol) so they will go Denise".

But at the same time i didnt get why the majority only voted Denise twice? It wasnt really a necessary split haha. They must of known the whole time Michelle would end up voting with them?

Because if idol is played on Tyson and Michelle votes with the minority.

It ends up 3-2 because of the stupid split and Sophie goes home.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loved ones visit is always over-dramatic and ridiculous. You gotta figure both the family members and players are told by producers to strongly react for the cameras.

This is not like a family member is deployed overseas for 10 months, or even a son/daughter away at college campus for a semester..... on Survivor it's barely over a month for fucks sake!

200.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loved ones visit is always over-dramatic and ridiculous. You gotta figure both the family members and players are told by producers to strongly react for the cameras.

This is not like a family member is deployed overseas for 10 months, or even a son/daughter away at college campus for a semester..... on Survivor it's barely over a month for fucks sake!

200.gif

Those episodes always annoy me. I find it somewhat fake that they could be THAT emotional after not seeing a family member for 25 to 30 days. I don't have kids so I can understand that bond would be different but people flipping out over not seeing a sibling or parent? Please. Especially the sibling reactions. People do that in real life all the time. Brothers and Sisters might see each other once a year (like at Christmas). I see my parents more often now, but when I was in college, there were times where I did probably only call them once every few weeks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ashamed to admit, but I watched the Netflix show, The Circle a couple weeks back. It is a show where the contestants are each locked away in an apartment and they create an online persona. Some are themselves, some create a new person. Every day or two, they eliminate one of them based on who they like better. Super contrived and I feel dirty just talking about it. But it has spread to other countries now and there is at least 2 additional formats now (Brazil and France).

anyway, they had a “letter from home” reward in the middle of the season and all the players were gushing and super emotional. But IRL, the production had hardly lasted a week when these letters were awarded.

A week.

That’s a freakin’ business trip.

There ain’t nothin’ real about reality TV.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those episodes always annoy me. I find it somewhat fake that they could be THAT emotional after not seeing a family member for 25 to 30 days. I don't have kids so I can understand that bond would be different but people flipping out over not seeing a sibling or parent? Please. Especially the sibling reactions. People do that in real life all the time. Brothers and Sisters might see each other once a year (like at Christmas). I see my parents more often now, but when I was in college, there were times where I did probably only call them once every few weeks.

I get what you are saying but some actors and actresses can’t cry as good as them. The Survivor player usually cries a lot more than the loved one. I think it could have something to do with their living conditions, stress, etc.
I understand what you are saying though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I finally realized.

If Kim wasn't going to play the idol for herself. She should not of played it at all.

Complete waste of an idol.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kim wasn't going to play the idol for herself. She should not of played it at all.

If she doesn't try, they lose the numbers advantage.
While it was a long shot, if played correctly it might have swung the game towards their side.

1 in 4.
25% chance at controlling the game?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I’m assuming from the preview that Tony is going crazy trying to find it next week.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she doesn't try, they lose the numbers advantage.
While it was a long shot, if played correctly it might have swung the game towards their side.

1 in 4.
25% chance at controlling the game?

No because once Jeremy left it was 5-4 edge. When Sarah took Denise vote it was 6-3.

So under that assumption the majority can 3-3 split and someone from the minority still goes home.

Now for some reason the majority didnt properly split, but it didnt matter because Michelle flipped and the idol was misplayed.

But under logical information. Once Sarah played the advantage Kim either needed to save the idol or save herself.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony win is almost looking too obvious now

But its his game unless they are under-editing the winner like never before seen

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But its his game unless they are under-editing the winner like never before seen

Thought it was perfect timing to do what he did. I do wonder about Michelle though. She seems easily influenced. Another idol will likely be out for the finding again next week. Again though - a little surprised at who he chose to blindside. I would have taken out Sarah, but Tony and Sarah are tight.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They basically hid his entire game until like the last couple of episodes and now he's got a tremendous winner's resume. He's got to be the winner with how they've cut the show up. No one else really has that much of a story that's been told from an editing stand point. Only thing I can think of is if an Extinction person wins, which is why the edit hasn't favored them yet. Same thing happened first time Extinction was used when Chris won and no one on the show had the "winner's edit" because he came back in the game so late.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They basically hid his entire game until like the last couple of episodes and now he's got a tremendous winner's resume. He's got to be the winner with how they've cut the show up. No one else really has that much of a story that's been told from an editing stand point. Only thing I can think of is if an Extinction person wins, which is why the edit hasn't favored them yet. Same thing happened first time Extinction was used when Chris won and no one on the show had the "winner's edit" because he came back in the game so late.

While I was wrong once already, I find it very hard to believe someone from edge wins an winners season. Too much pride I hope. Also, based off the edit it feels like Natalie may be the returnee. 1st boot winning? Fuck I hope not.

Tony makes a lot of sense even before this last huge episode.
-Lions vs Hyena's storyline all season
-Down playing his game and waiting for the sucker punch
-Shown to continually build relationships even when certain people state they don't trust him. He still ends up being in the decisions.

Early on, he didn't get his way on any votes but I think that was more to highlight that he was right about the Lions needing to stick together. No one listened to him, and they all got got.

If someone other than Tony wins it thats still currently in the game. That would be a crazy edit misdirection.

I am hoping Tony does win, even if its become more obvious. Perfect rep for a all winners season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was wrong once already, I find it very hard to believe someone from edge wins an winners season. Too much pride I hope. Also, based off the edit it feels like Natalie may be the returnee. 1st boot winning? Fuck I hope not.

Tony makes a lot of sense even before this last huge episode.
-Lions vs Hyena's storyline all season
-Down playing his game and waiting for the sucker punch
-Shown to continually build relationships even when certain people state they don't trust him. He still ends up being in the decisions.

Early on, he didn't get his way on any votes but I think that was more to highlight that he was right about the Lions needing to stick together. No one listened to him, and they all got got.

If someone other than Tony wins it thats still currently in the game. That would be a crazy edit misdirection.

I am hoping Tony does win, even if its become more obvious. Perfect rep for a all winners season.

I read where there's only 3 episodes left. Gonna say that tips the scale in Tony being the winner. Hard for them to craft a story with just 3 episodes left.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where there's only 3 episodes left. Gonna say that tips the scale in Tony being the winner. Hard for them to craft a story with just 3 episodes left.

Yup 3 weeks. Longer eps tho.

May 6th is a 2 hour 2 boot episode

Then the 13th finale night is the typical 3 hour finale(half hourish will be reunion tho)

But yeah you're right, not much time for someone else to get traction.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode. Still Tonys game but we got a lot more content for the other players too.

Ballsy move by Jeremy. The Tony and Sarah dynamic is awesome.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode. Still Tonys game but we got a lot more content for the other players too.

Ballsy move by Jeremy. The Tony and Sarah dynamic is awesome.

How Jeremy didn’t play the 50/50 thing blows my mind. ? Then Tony offers to play idol for Sarah. Ha.