• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres rumors that the Survivor players doing BB is coming soon. But yeah, it sounds like closer to celebrity BB in terms of the amount of days in the house.
CBB is a joke. It is similar to current American Idol. It is just there to churn out a winner. There is no meat to chew on to ESTABLISH a winner.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a really good episode.
Lots of stuff going on and there's still this idea that Jonathan is a literal meat shield.

But, why did Hai vote for Lydia if he already went to rocks to save her?
Was he just pacifying others to go with the vote?

Also, with this jury, would it be enough for Jonathan to win a majority of the immunity challenges to win the game?
Or would a more strategic person be able to sway the jury with gameplay moves?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a really good episode.
Lots of stuff going on and there's still this idea that Jonathan is a literal meat shield.

But, why did Hai vote for Lydia if he already went to rocks to save her?
Was he just pacifying others to go with the vote?

Also, with this jury, would it be enough for Jonathan to win a majority of the immunity challenges to win the game?
Or would a more strategic person be able to sway the jury with gameplay moves?
I think Hai played up the “going to rocks” thing. He read (correctly) that Daniel would NOT go to rocks, so he would fold to a strong bluff (whether it was a bluff or not is immaterial). Playing up the loyalty card at this point would not have worked the same way, so he changed course.

That said, I am happy a bystander got hit with the major twist stray bullet instead of a real player. I was really worried that Jonathan was dead man walking.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that episode proved my prediction that Jonathan will last longer than people think.

Too much ground work being set for everyone wanting to use him in some capacity.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

She will end up making just about every top 10 list ever moving forward.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Mary Anne is getting the winners edit at this point. They are not showing her as comic relief anymore, but she is still dominating the narrative. And her “type” does well in the game as a whole.

Jonathan is still the star of the show, but what little they show of his strategy play is more about him stepping on his own dick than him actually getting anything done. And the comp beast almost never wins this game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for tonight’s events…

I gotta respect that they both played their idols. They recognized the “push back” argument, and they essentially nullified it. I have no choice but to respect that at the highest level.

I don’t agree with the take, but the optics can’t be argued in that situation.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down to the Elite 8.

Now the voting will get nasty.

Unless he wins immunity, I think Romeo heads for the jury next week.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for tonight’s events…

I gotta respect that they both played their idols. They recognized the “push back” argument, and they essentially nullified it. I have no choice but to respect that at the highest level.

I don’t agree with the take, but the optics can’t be argued in that situation.

IMO Drea was 100% not planning to use anything at the start. But it escalated so quickly and Maryanne got involved that it had to be done.

I watch with people and I even said, "Drea better get major flack if she doesnt actually play her idol here because its gonna look like she just completely used the situation"

No joke like 20 seconds later, Maryanne goes on her spiel and says the same thing about how the basically have to play them.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Drea was 100% not planning to use anything at the start. But it escalated so quickly and Maryanne got involved that it had to be done.

I watch with people and I even said, "Drea better get major flack if she doesnt actually play her idol here because its gonna look like she just completely used the situation"

No joke like 20 seconds later, Maryanne goes on her spiel and says the same thing about how the basically have to play them.
The only thing that bothered me was that Drea and Rocksroy both voted out Chanelle to be the first member of the jury.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big issue with last night is these preachy tribals keep coming each season and ones like these are so baseless. I get it there are issues but if youre gonna call out "subconcious bias" you also gotta have a bit of a logical fucking mind, Drea.

Chanelle went home because she botched her game immediately and put herself on the bottom with EVERYONE, including you Drea. Also, Tori was probably the vote she just won immunity.

Rocksroy also rubbed everyone the wrong way and was being forceful. Again, reasoning behind the target.

Drea......she has 4 mother fucking advantages. Shes not a target due to race. Its due to the fact shes got loaded pockets.

Maryanne was an outsider due to her extremely high strung personality and she also has an idol.

Like awareness is still key.

Also, when Rocksroy went home. It was him a black guy, a gay hispanic, a gay asian, a muslim and the closest thing to white guy in Mike who is still actually Puerto Rican. Again awareness, this is a season of 50/50 representation. Its not some KKK event.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that bothered me was that Drea and Rocksroy both voted out Chanelle to be the first member of the jury.
She was the clear vote. She had about 8 advantages in her pocket (hence my “top 10 lists” comment) and she was an aggressive player.

Rox never mentioned race, so I don’t see any “irony” in his vote.

Drea brought it up. But the optics took over after the Rox vote. MAYBE her initial intention was to use the race card (I took her initial statement about using the idol as a huge bluff), but Marianne forced her hand and she had no choice but to use her idol. I wonder how much of that was MA gaming Drea to flush her idol?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Drea the one with all the advantages? I thought it was Channelle….

Ok, ignore my ”top 10 list” comments…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big issue with last night is these preachy tribals keep coming each season and ones like these are so baseless. I get it there are issues but if youre gonna call out "subconcious bias" you also gotta have a bit of a logical fucking mind, Drea.

Chanelle went home because she botched her game immediately and put herself on the bottom with EVERYONE, including you Drea. Also, Tori was probably the vote she just won immunity.

Rocksroy also rubbed everyone the wrong way and was being forceful. Again, reasoning behind the target.

Drea......she has 4 mother fucking advantages. Shes not a target due to race. Its due to the fact shes got loaded pockets.

Maryanne was an outsider due to her extremely high strung personality and she also has an idol.

Like awareness is still key.

Also, when Rocksroy went home. It was him a black guy, a gay hispanic, a gay asian, a muslim and the closest thing to white guy in Mike who is still actually Puerto Rican. Again awareness, this is a season of 50/50 representation. Its not some KKK event.
I agree that the claim was baseless. But you have to acknowledge the optics. And this cast has not seen S41 or BB23.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the claim was baseless. But you have to acknowledge the optics. And this cast has not seen S41 or BB23.

But what optics?!?!

Jeremy and Tasha went to the end in 31.

Cirie goes deep every time only went out because of not having an advantage her last time

There was a season with an all black final 3.

The issue was up until 41 there was not enough blacks. But this whole, black people get picked off narrative is pure insanity. Just as insane as it is to say that the merge boot is the "easy weak female" or that the "white alpha male" cant be beaten.

Every single season is different.

And them not seeing S41 isnt really relevant. Some awareness is needed. The cast is split this season. Drea voted for a black person the vote before. The tribal where Rocks went home was minorities and gays galore. Someone was getting voted out.

When you sign up to play a social game of strategy, you simply have to know that alliances and votes while happen for hundreds of reasons. Making connections, make moves, shut up.

Now if we want to talk American idol constantly voting young white southern men as the winner............now we have something.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what optics?!?!

Jeremy and Tasha went to the end in 31.

Cirie goes deep every time only went out because of not having an advantage her last time

There was a season with an all black final 3.

The issue was up until 41 there was not enough blacks. But this whole, black people get picked off narrative is pure insanity. Just as insane as it is to say that the merge boot is the "easy weak female" or that the "white alpha male" cant be beaten.

Every single season is different.

And them not seeing S41 isnt really relevant. Some awareness is needed. The cast is split this season. Drea voted for a black person the vote before. The tribal where Rocks went home was minorities and gays galore. Someone was getting voted out.

When you sign up to play a social game of strategy, you simply have to know that alliances and votes while happen for hundreds of reasons. Making connections, make moves, shut up.

Now if we want to talk American idol constantly voting young white southern men as the winner............now we have something.
I agree 100%. The claim was baseless. It was Drea’s internal issue bubbling up to the surface. I agree 100%.

Given that, she looks over and sees 2 black faces being the only faces on the jury. Her read was wrong. It was a projection of her own internal struggles.

But it LOOKED bad. Especially given the hyper sensitivity that the country is in right now (was in at the time of filming).

When everyone is given a media-provided hammer, everything looks like a nail. Even pancakes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. The claim was baseless. It was Drea’s internal issue bubbling up to the surface. I agree 100%.

Given that, she looks over and sees 2 black faces being the only faces on the jury. Her read was wrong. It was a projection of her own internal struggles.

But it LOOKED bad. Especially given the hyper sensitivity that the country is in right now (was in at the time of filming).

When everyone is given a media-provided hammer, everything looks like a nail. Even pancakes.

Yeah and now the issue is its caused a stir everywhere.

This irrevelant loser from S38 firing at Jonathan

Its turning into black people get to say they are offended and everyone else has to just shut up and soak it. Can't explain their thought process at all. People like Julia above are a major part of the problem. Ignorance is working on both sides.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and now the issue is its caused a stir everywhere.

This irrevelant loser from S38 firing at Jonathan

Its turning into black people get to say they are offended and everyone else has to just shut up and soak it. Can't explain their thought process at all. People like Julia above are a major part of the problem. Ignorance is working on both sides.
#IBelieveYou