• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like there was more to the conversation than just what they showed on the broadcast.

Yeah apparently Jeff said they would “look into modifications in the future” or some shit.

The guy has lost it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved how they actually showed the NFL player calling out production for a stupid-ass twist.

A twist like that really fucks with the integrity of the show. It takes the incentive out of going all out in comps.

According to Sydney’s exit interview. Danny called out Jeff in front of everyone as well.

Told him how this was not a twist, it was a flat out lie.

Which is so true.

the twist did suck... but it also fit the season... this whole season was the prisoners dillema... ANd this twist was the ultimate prisoners dillema... Still thought it was the dumb move to break it.... but i do wonder if she didnt break it if Jeff would have told the rest of the cast that she had this power...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re mad now.

Wait for the next twist that is coming later in the season. One of the main insider guys for covering survivor revealed another twist that’s coming.

No spoilers on who it involves just what the twist is. And boy is it bad.

Eliminated person coming back into the game at Final 6 by random draw? Magic token that the jury can use to overturn a vote? Jeff gets up and whispers in the ear of the person being voted out that they should play their idol?

I would expect all of this at this point

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eliminated person coming back into the game at Final 6 by random draw? Magic token that the jury can use to overturn a vote? Jeff gets up and whispers in the ear of the person being voted out that they should play their idol?

I would expect all of this at this point

Youre definitely close to the absurdity. I throw it in spoiler tags if anyone wants to know. No spoiler on who/how it impacts the game.

It’s called the “Do or Die twist” and is basically a coin flip for a contestant. Not sure what round but said to be “late in the game”(I’m guessing 6 or 7). Contestants are given the option to sit out immunity or compete. If you sit out you’re obviously not immune and you go to tribal like always. If you choose to play, you compete for immunity BUT whoever gets last place in the challenge must compete in the do or die coin flip at tribal. That person has a 50/50 chance of automatically being the person eliminated. No advantages or idols can be used for that person. If they lose they are gone and no vote is needed.

Its outrageous.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre definitely close to the absurdity. I throw it in spoiler tags if anyone wants to know. No spoiler on who/how it impacts the game.

It’s called the “Do or Die twist” and is basically a coin flip for a contestant. Not sure what round but said to be “late in the game”(I’m guessing 6 or 7). Contestants are given the option to sit out immunity or compete. If you sit out you’re obviously not immune and you go to tribal like always. If you choose to play, you compete for immunity BUT whoever gets last place in the challenge must compete in the do or die coin flip at tribal. That person has a 50/50 chance of automatically being the person eliminated. No advantages or idols can be used for that person. If they lose they are gone and no vote is needed.

Its outrageous.

actually i like that... again in the theme of prisoners dilemma... much better than the go back in time twist...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its outrageous.
No spoilers in my response, but it is in response to your spoiler, so I will put it in spoiler as well…

I don’t like the twist, but at least the players will know what they are looking at going in. Though it wouldn’t make sense for anyone to compete in the immunity challenge. If they don’t compete, there is a 50% chance they will be immune anyway (no vote).

I get that the show needs to evolve. They have to try new things. But the stuff they are trying is just BAD. Sounds like they need new writers. Or all the “new” writers are raised in a culture that does not look fondly on competition, and they feel that randomness is “more fair” and should be the direction they should go.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its outrageous.

Lmao.

They're so drunk.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Shan use the extra vote on Naseer?
Why not just vote Naseer with her own vote and save the extra vote?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Shan use the extra vote on Naseer?
Why not just vote Naseer with her own vote and save the extra vote?

It was actually a really good move that Ricard came up with. It saved them against a Naseer idol play.

There was always the potential that Erika/Heather realize they have the power in that spot and throw their 2 votes on Shan or Richard.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually a really good move that Ricard came up with. It saved them against a Naseer idol play.

There was always the potential that Erika/Heather realize they have the power in that spot and throw their 2 votes on Shan or Richard.

I will never understand these shows and how people vote... sure, we see how they want to edit, so we miss a lot...

and sure, everyone is paranoid... but one minute Erika and Xander watch the core 5 have a meeting, and yet they decide to vote with them??

Nasseer says he's tight with heather, and yet Heather, erika and Nasseer all vote against eachother??

Xander knows about that his closest ally is Evvie, and yet he believes one of those core players are definitely going to vote with them, just because they said so??

is this plain old stupidity, or am i missing something??

I just cant stand stupid play... i enjoy back stabs, but how did these people not see them??

also, if i was Nasseer i would have given my idol to heather... especially when you claim to be so tight with her... or was that just talk??

and can someone explain to me why that girl hates zander so much?? i get that she wants him out... but this seems more than just game play... did he steal her bike or something??

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand these shows and how people vote... sure, we see how they want to edit, so we miss a lot...

and sure, everyone is paranoid... but one minute Erika and Xander watch the core 5 have a meeting, and yet they decide to vote with them??

Nasseer says he's tight with heather, and yet Heather, erika and Nasseer all vote against eachother??

Xander knows about that his closest ally is Evvie, and yet he believes one of those core players are definitely going to vote with them, just because they said so??

is this plain old stupidity, or am i missing something??

I just cant stand stupid play... i enjoy back stabs, but how did these people not see them??

also, if i was Nasseer i would have given my idol to heather... especially when you claim to be so tight with her... or was that just talk??

and can someone explain to me why that girl hates zander so much?? i get that she wants him out... but this seems more than just game play... did he steal her bike or something??

Part of it is stupidity. Part of it is late season Survivor has gotten really bad at storytelling. Instead of showing all of the strategizing where people can understand where certain players are coming from with their thought processes, they are leaving details out for the audience. The goal is because they want a "blindside" to blindside the audience as well. They're leaving info out so the vote will be a shock to you and you'll go "wow! That was nuts. Didn't see that coming. So fun". But instead, you're left like "What? Why'd they do that?". So the players have reasons for what they did, but the show won't tell you because they want the surprise and everything has to be a surprise

It's all part of the same shit as with all the added twists and shit. Survivor Producers want to manufacture and control everything. Nothing is organic anymore. So with this, they're leaving out key details to manipulate your reaction to the vote

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well

1. Nice that the stupid twist changed nothing again

2. Classic Jeff. Having that 3rd box was an unnecessary dramatic effect. It was always a 50/50 shot. He was always gonna conveniently open a skull.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well

2. Classic Jeff. Having that 3rd box was an unnecessary dramatic effect. It was always a 50/50 shot. He was always gonna conveniently open a skull.
DeShawn would have a 2/3 probability of picking fire had he switched.
He got lucky.

Yes, I agree that Jeff deliberately opened up a skull, but Xander was right, it's the Monty Haul gambit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well

It was the Monte Hall Paradox. One of the players even called it by name. DeShawn was lucky he was dumb. By switching, he had a 50% chance of being right. By staying, he only had a 33% chance of being right.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wierd twist. Didnt like it at all. Had a 67% chance to go home without being voted out. I expected a 50/50 game at least. Although it did give him immunity for the night.

7 people - 8 votes. Im assuming Xander used his extra vote. My DVR cut off before i could see the votes.

Shocked Liana didnt do the shot in the dark.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wierd twist. Didnt like it at all. Had a 67% chance to go home without being voted out. I expected a 50/50 game at least. Although it did give him immunity for the night.

7 people - 8 votes. Im assuming Xander used his extra vote. My DVR cut off before i could see the votes.

Shocked Liana didnt do the shot in the dark.
Monte Hall dilemma is a 50% chance to go home, not a 67%. Though, the way DeShawn played it, he had a 67% chance.

Yes, Xander used his extra vote.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monte Hall dilemma is a 50% chance to go home, not a 67%. Though, the way DeShawn played it, he had a 67% chance.

Yes, Xander used his extra vote.

here lies a problem with probability... People generally dont know what probability even means...

it all depends how it is used...

but you cant argue that his initial probability of being correct was 33.33%...

so yes he does have a 66.7 to be correct if he changes... at least under the initial probability...

but we all can scream that the probabilty changes after the new knowledge... but that doesnt change the initial probability...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here lies a problem with probability... People generally dont know what probability even means...

it all depends how it is used...

but you cant argue that his initial probability of being correct was 33.33%...

so yes he does have a 66.7 to be correct if he changes... at least under the initial probability...

but we all can scream that the probabilty changes after the new knowledge... but that doesnt change the initial probability...
In my mind, this was a one shot deal, because now every Survivor player will know about this for any future shows.

The only way to alter that is for Probst/producers to decide on whether or not they want to reveal what the player picked if it's a skull. And that would be too obvious in that the producers were tampering with the results.

If they keep it in, I think most players would jump at the idea of having a 2/3 shot at being protected.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind, this was a one shot deal, because now every Survivor player will know about this for any future shows.

The only way to alter that is for Probst/producers to decide on whether or not they want to reveal what the player picked if it's a skull. And that would be too obvious in that the producers were tampering with the results.

If they keep it in, I think most players would jump at the idea of having a 2/3 shot at being protected.

2/3 is still much worse than 6/7 or even 5/6

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a huge Cowboy fan so naturally im pulling for Danny. Who do you guys see winning it ? Shan seemed to get a ton of coverage so it ahocked me when she went out. Zander or Ricard seem to be getting most of it now.

1. Ricard
2. Xander
3. Deshawn
4. Erica
5. Danny
6. Heather

Im missing one.