• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was most likely a pity vote by his best friend in the game...

I thought so but I really thought Danny made a big point for Erica at the end of the jury questions. I was like well that did nothing for Xander or Deshawn.

What did everyone think of the season ? Ive seen all 41 seasons. I have to admit, i watched most of the episodes on DVR - instead of live. Meaning I never got real excited this season.

I didnt like the way Ricard or even Xander was self proclaiming themselves as one of the best players ever. Play well vs the All Stars before you make that statement. With that being said, maybe that was them trying to get in the All Star show.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xander should have used his idol on DeShawn to ensure that Ricard went home when there were 5 left.
Then he should have faced off against Erica in making fire.

He chose her because he didn't want her to put another feather in her cap with fire making.
He needed that feather, but I guess he didn't realize it.

He even mentioned that he should have Erica make fire after he saw her struggling.
I believe he thought he was going to win and didn't read the jury very well.

I don't mind Erica winning, but it feels like we lost something in the edit as to why Xander didn't even receive a single vote.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xander should have used his idol on DeShawn to ensure that Ricard went home when there were 5 left.
Then he should have faced off against Erica in making fire.

He chose her because he didn't want her to put another feather in her cap with fire making.
He needed that feather, but I guess he didn't realize it.

He even mentioned that he should have Erica make fire after he saw her struggling.
I believe he thought he was going to win and didn't read the jury very well.

I don't mind Erica winning, but it feels like we lost something in the edit as to why Xander didn't even receive a single vote.

i wish survivor showed us a little bit of a jury meeting... like big brother does... but of course not as much since big brother is 3 times a week, and survivor is only once...

but i would love to know how much Leeana pushed the other 2 vs Xander... again, i found it interesting, that they focused so much on xander's flaws and not on the other finalists flaws...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish survivor showed us a little bit of a jury meeting... like big brother does... but of course not as much since big brother is 3 times a week, and survivor is only once...

but i would love to know how much Leeana pushed the other 2 vs Xander... again, i found it interesting, that they focused so much on xander's flaws and not on the other finalists flaws...
If you remember Tyson, he has a podcast 'The Pod has Spoken' and he breaks down every episode.
I have yet to listen to this last one yet, but Tyson offers a lot of behind the scenes breakdowns.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so but I really thought Danny made a big point for Erica at the end of the jury questions. I was like well that did nothing for Xander or Deshawn.

What did everyone think of the season ? Ive seen all 41 seasons. I have to admit, i watched most of the episodes on DVR - instead of live. Meaning I never got real excited this season.

I didnt like the way Ricard or even Xander was self proclaiming themselves as one of the best players ever. Play well vs the All Stars before you make that statement. With that being said, maybe that was them trying to get in the All Star show.
The season was OK, despite the overbearing wokeness during the first quarter or so of the season. But in the last quarter or so of the season, it got too inspirational coaching. Everyone was soooo proud of themselves for not quitting or for overcoming this or that. And everyone was so quick to declare themselves the greatest player ever.

Very off putting, imho.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season was average.

Cast was really good as characters.

The game play was meh.

The editing was brutal. Jeff and Co don’t have a clue. They spent the whole premerge dedicating half of ever episode to advantages which is too much regardless but even worse when you consider that like none of the advtanges even matter in the game.

Survivor needs a fine line. Too many advantages is overkill. But you need a few to shake up the game and make players emerge.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that the best player in the game who dominated from start to finish didn't get any votes before the little filipino chick won I turned it off in disgust. Another racially motivated vote

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that the best player in the game who dominated from start to finish didn't get any votes before the little filipino chick won I turned it off in disgust. Another racially motivated vote
So, you watched the entire thing, than turned it off in protest?

That will learn them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me to never get on your bad side.
I hate to see a guy control the game with his smarts and basically come back from the dead to a position where he was clearly the best player and then get shafted in the vote because he is a heterosexual white male is disheartening and I won't watch the show again.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see a guy control the game with his smarts and basically come back from the dead to a position where he was clearly the best player and then get shafted in the vote because he is a heterosexual white male is disheartening and I won't watch the show again.

well, that was the argument... that he never controlled anything... so, not sure what you were watching...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, that was the argument... that he never controlled anything... so, not sure what you were watching...
Controlled the vote because everyone knew he had an idol and extra vote. He also won more challenges than anyone and picked all the people to participate in the final challenge. If that ain't controlling things, I don't know what is. When the blacks thought they were running the show he skillfully maneuvered around them to stay in the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vote was always someone he was OK with. Why would he have stepped in to change the vote? There was no need.

I too am OK with Erika winning. She wasn’t as deserving as Xander, imho, but she wasn’t a Sandra (most over-rated player in Reality competition show history). But at what point was Erika “controlling the game”? Like someone up-thread said, her biggest contribution was breaking the hourglass, which fell in her lap. She did not earn that advantage in any way (outside of not being in the loop in her original tribe-alliance).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash season. Too many advantages and twists, all production driven to get a desired outcome. Hell, the only reason Erica was still in the game to win was because Production stepped in and gifted her that BS hourglass thing, which she did nothing to earn. It was just "here you go". Some really stupid players on this season too but maybe with so many advantages and twists, they didn't know what to do. I think I'm done with the show. They don't let people play anymore. All they are trying to do is manufacture moments with heavily incentivized advantages, scrambling tribals, etc.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash season. Too many advantages and twists, all production driven to get a desired outcome. Hell, the only reason Erica was still in the game to win was because Production stepped in and gifted her that BS hourglass thing, which she did nothing to earn. It was just "here you go". Some really stupid players on this season too but maybe with so many advantages and twists, they didn't know what to do. I think I'm done with the show. They don't let people play anymore. All they are trying to do is manufacture moments with heavily incentivized advantages, scrambling tribals, etc.
I HATE the scrambling tribal. It was interesting the first time, but now it is just a joke.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing I will say about this, is Erika was 1,000% not Jeff or Productions top choice.

Which is why I’m hoping they will realize these stupid twists create stupid outcomes

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you see from this show being a future All Star player ???

Ricard ??