• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superflex Dynasty startup

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you in win now mode or just building for this draft? You have a nice start going on. I'm guessing your straddling.

Why can’t it be the same??? I actually like Hopkins a lot for a team building for the future. When the trade deadline comes these veterans help you play from the strong side. Instead of making panic moves.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can’t it be the same??? I actually like Hopkins a lot for a team building for the future. When the trade deadline comes these veterans help you play from the strong side. Instead of making panic moves.
Nothing wrong with a mix of vets and rookies or a mix of win now players and win later players, it's one way to go, but a lot of different ways to go with the first draft of a dynasty league and I was just asking him if he has a preference and if so what is it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually take Hopkins and start him until Rice gets his shit together (2-3 years).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Hopkins a lot for a team building for the future. When the trade deadline comes these veterans help you play from the strong side.
Speaking from experience of actually trading Hopkins in leagues last couple of years. I found the market for him was rather weak. So no Hopkins isn't going to help you much for the future.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I threw myself a curveball, ended up taking Ford. I think Chubb is cooked and there were quite a few more WRs still available that I liked, especially younger guys, and wanted to get one of last RBs that will be in line for touches. Now ib wait until end of 14th rd and 2 early picks in 15th to get some WRs

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking from experience of actually trading Hopkins in leagues last couple of years. I found the market for him was rather weak. So no Hopkins isn't going to help you much for the future.
Had Nuk on the trade block since week 17 of last season in Old School. Not so much as a sniff

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins - with all the flex spots in this league he'd make a great depth piece but knowing that I wouldn't pay much to acquire him at this stage of his career, I passed.

Who knows, a couple of these WRs I was eyeing could make it back to me in the 14th.

Burton, Baker, Wicks, Douglas, McMillan, McCaffrey, Rice on the young side

Cooks, Mooney, Samuel, Palmer, MikeWill, Shaheed, Lockett from the vets

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was weak before when he was still a wr 1. Things change when you draft him as a bench/flex. His value changes to you and the league itself.

Meaning now if he starts off good you would be looking for a Tre benson type level. While before you were trying to get a rb 2 or wr 2. If not better

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was weak before when he was still a wr 1. Things change when you draft him as a bench/flex. His value changes to you and the league itself.

Meaning now if he starts off good you would be looking for a Tre benson type level. While before you were trying to get a rb 2 or wr 2. If not better

But I don't think we'll see a point next season where the Benson owner would move him for a WR over 30yrs old in a dynasty league. That's equivalent to a late first/early 2nd rd rookie pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't think we'll see a point next season where the Benson owner would move him for a WR over 30yrs old in a dynasty league. That's equivalent to a late first/early 2nd rd rookie pick.

I’m just spitballing. I don’t know what you would get. My point was that there is a difference between drafting Hopkins in the 13th and trading him at some point than when you had him in previous seasons where he was most likely your wr 1. Trading an older wr1 is much harder than an older flex/bench player. At least with expected trade back to you.

He is much more appealing as a flex/bench with name value to be a stud for a season.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins - with all the flex spots in this league he'd make a great depth piece but knowing that I wouldn't pay much to acquire him at this stage of his career, I passed.

Who knows, a couple of these WRs I was eyeing could make it back to me in the 14th.

Burton, Baker, Wicks, Douglas, McMillan, McCaffrey, Rice on the young side

Cooks, Mooney, Samuel, Palmer, MikeWill, Shaheed, Lockett from the vets

Certainly would be my targets. Actually like them as much as Polk & Troy Franklin

Burton: A douche but true upside to Cincy's WR2 if/when Higgins is gone
Baker: As talented as Polk coming out and has as much shot to be WR1 in NE as anyone else in that room
Wicks: Love & GB offense is shaping to be a good one and there's some upside if Wicks could work himself as the #1 or #2 guy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton and QJ were taken a few picks in front of me, was still able to pull Roman Wilson, Wicks, and Baker at the 14/15 turn.

Now I need to hope Otton makes it back to me or I'm outta luck for backup TE - not the biggest concern since I went McBride early but would be nice to have a starting player for depth.

Will post an updated draft board and top remaining players list when I get home from work this evening