• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Denver is now 0-4 in the Super Bowl when they wear the orange unis and those games haven't even been close. Someone should've told em to change things up this time.

denver also is on the shit end of 3 of the biggest Superbowl blowouts ever. redskins beat them 42-10
Last night and vs the Niners.

Combined score when they in those 3 blowouts 140-28.
Combined score when in all Superbowl losses 206-50.

When denver loses a Superbowl, they do it in spectacular fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in coaching between the Seahawks and 49ers is really striking as well. Carroll and his staff are so innovative and play to their strengths well. Remember how lost Hatbaugh was in the Super Bowl last year?

I felt like with Smith in 2011, they played to his strengths. In 2012, they expanded a bit. Smith improved because his experience allowed it.

And then with Kaepernick in 2012 they were playing to his strengths. In 2013, they tried to expand. I felt that Kaepernick had too little experience to improve with that expansion.

Smith was experienced and so he improved his numbers in doing so.

I am not talking about quantity when I am talking about Kaepernick's expansion. They tried to teach Kaepernick more from the pocket, so that's the expansion. They appeared to cut back on what they were asking Kaepernick to do this year and terms of number of throws or depth.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Seattle... Nothing easy given they earned it umo... Denver was terrible n didn't deserve it....

Fucking pissed that the billboard DID jynx us

Yeah. That is why I don't talk shit. I am not a fan of rubbing it in, and even if I was... rubbing it in if the team wins isn't as satisfying as their "I told you so" is infuriating.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That is why I don't talk shit. I am not a fan of rubbing it in, and even if I was... rubbing it in if the team wins isn't as satisfying as their "I told you so" is infuriating.

I agree with the billboard thing. Should have passed on that. But in fairness, the billboard was in response to flying that stupid airplane over Candlestick and that brick stunt at the new stadium. This morning I went over the San Francisco Chronicle to read the sports section as I do almost every morning and under the comments section of the Super Bowl story there are a number of trash talking Seahawk fans rubbing it in. What a bunch of losers. Not that they are all like that, but for those who after a Super Bowl win would go over to the rivals local paper to talk smack, what a bunch of clowns and can't wait for payback on them.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, the Pro Bowl was more entertaining and competitive than the Super Bowl. Shouldn't it be the other way around? It also had a game winning TD drive by that one QB, named....

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the billboard thing. Should have passed on that. But in fairness, the billboard was in response to flying that stupid airplane over Candlestick and that brick stunt at the new stadium. This morning I went over the San Francisco Chronicle to read the sports section as I do almost every morning and under the comments section of the Super Bowl story there are a number of trash talking Seahawk fans rubbing it in. What a bunch of losers. Not that they are all like that, but for those who after a Super Bowl win would go over to the rivals local paper to talk smack, what a bunch of clowns and can't wait for payback on them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with experience.

In the 80's and 90's 49ers fans used to be thought of as stuck up. Eddie D ran an organization that had class and was held to a higher standard. It was the envy of every other team. The way the staff, players and fans were treated was above and beyond. I wish it were still like that. Don't stoop to their level. They pulled some dumb ass stunts but that is because they are still trying to get attention. You'd think with this dominant win they would be secure enough to not take to message boards to talk shit. Think about it... they just beat denver in the Superbowl. They should be a happier than shit. What is the first thing they do? Go talk shit about the 49ers. Insecure little sibling. They are Jan Brady.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with experience.

In the 80's and 90's 49ers fans used to be thought of as stuck up. Eddie D ran an organization that had class and was held to a higher standard. It was the envy of every other team. The way the staff, players and fans were treated was above and beyond. I wish it were still like that. Don't stoop to their level. They pulled some dumb ass stunts but that is because they are still trying to get attention. You'd think with this dominant win they would be secure enough to not take to message boards to talk shit. Think about it... they just beat denver in the Superbowl. They should be a happier than shit. What is the first thing they do? Go talk shit about the 49ers. Insecure little sibling. They are Jan Brady.

Totally agree. I didnt respond to any of it. I did see Breaker post there tbough, LOL

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our response to the airplanes should've been just waiting for us to beat them. Being baited into doing something that jinxes us or looks to stoop to their level is still doing something that jinxes us or stoops to their level. Stay out of it. The fact that we wouldn't have done it out of the blue doesn't really change anything.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our response to the airplanes should've been just waiting for us to beat them. Being baited into doing something that jinxes us or looks to stoop to their level is still doing something that jinxes us or stoops to their level. Stay out of it. The fact that we wouldn't have done it out of the blue doesn't really change anything.

I agree as I have said all along we should not have done it. Same with Kaps responses to Sherman. Wish he just kept quiet.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, the Pro Bowl was more entertaining and competitive than the Super Bowl. Shouldn't it be the other way around? It also had a game winning TD drive by that one QB, named....

At least this time the MVP went to somebody who contributed more to a win. I would've been upset if Wilson got the MVP just like I was that Foles got the MVP. Drops were the reason for the low percentage by that one QB. Game winning drive makes up for the fourth down INT (basically a punt).

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the USC defense from the early 2000's. Absolutely swarming to the ball. Complete and total domination.

100% Agree. Thought of the times Carroll's Trojans routed the prime time games or bowl games. Oklahoma, Auburn twice, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Penn State and Notre Dame and on and on and on.

You know in the post game Pete said it last night on the NFL Network, "We caught something in the bottle back at USC and I wanted to see if it would apply here with the Seahawks"

He was talking about the "WinForever" concept. It's really hippyish.
  1. Get to know your players,
  2. Get to know their lives,
  3. Genuinely care for them,
  4. Build relationships,
  5. Become their best friend,
  6. Complete all the time,
  7. Demand 110% ounces of effort
  8. All the time.
I really think this philosophy works with younger teams. so far it's worked. Carroll assembled this team so they're all the kids who've bought in.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least this time the MVP went to somebody who contributed more to a win. I would've been upset if Wilson got the MVP just like I was that Foles got the MVP. Drops were the reason for the low percentage by that one QB. Game winning drive makes up for the fourth down INT (basically a punt).

image.jpg

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Agree. Thought of the times Carroll's Trojans routed the prime time games or bowl games. Oklahoma, Auburn twice, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Penn State and Notre Dame and on and on and on.

You know in the post game Pete said it last night on the NFL Network, "We caught something in the bottle back at USC and I wanted to see if it would apply here with the Seahawks"

He was talking about the "WinForever" concept. It's really hippyish.
  1. Get to know your players,
  2. Get to know their lives,
  3. Genuinely care for them,
  4. Build relationships,
  5. Become their best friend,
  6. Complete all the time,
  7. Demand 110% ounces of effort
  8. All the time.
I really think this philosophy works with younger teams. so far it's worked. Carroll assembled this team so they're all the kids who've bought in.

It also works well, because carroll tends to look the other way. He lets his players get away with a lot, hence the USC sanctions and the abundance of seahawks getting suspended. Got a Superbowl though, so can't argue with results. I hate him now for the way he left the program and it didn't help going to the seahawks, but I sure as shit loved those teams.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun fact. The league leader in passing yards has never won the Super Bowl.

image.jpg

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun fact. The league leader in passing yards has never won the Super Bowl.

View attachment 8711

Also, wasnt there a long streak where the team which lead the league in passing never won the super bowl. That used to be thrown around in the 1980s alot. I guess that one was broken

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stuff. Wonder what that list looks like for league leaders in rushing? Or defense?

A fair amount of those guys missed the playoffs, which makes some sense (coming from behind= have to throw a lot)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stuff. Wonder what that list looks like for league leaders in rushing? Or defense?

A fair amount of those guys missed the playoffs, which makes some sense (coming from behind= have to throw a lot)

I know this is not of much help, but there was a poster who posted some stats on how being much better at passing than your opponent is more significant than being much better than rushing for a team in terms of winning.